DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this problem on the radar to get fixed?

Yep.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Understood, but we used to be able to alt tab out, an important function for many reasons, is this problem on the radar to get fixed?

For the most part I have never had problems. If you want most of the problems to stop, don't run full screen. You will have no problems alt-tabbing.

My understanding is that your graphic driver setting will then be using the global settings, so if they are on default which is usually all the way up, your FPS will get murdered. Just adjust the global settings accordingly.

Hi all,

I waited to install version 1.21 until i was a bit stable. This weekend i replaced it with the new versions of WORLD and A-10.

2 questions :

1. There is no separate folder of the A-10 under dir c:/Eagle Dynamics...only DCS WORLD...in comparison with version 1.20...is this correct ?

2. Framerates were down...so i replaced the HIGH.LUA file with the one I had in 1.20 ! Minor improvement ! Do i buy a new videocard or are there other things i can do ?

Thnx for replies !

Hi

I recently did a full reinstall from DCS 1.2.0 to 1.21 and all the modules as well. All good so far. I have a view questions though:

Is it only me, or is the SU25 a bit of a performance-hog? I get decent frames with all other modules but the SU gives me a lot of micro-stutters (tv-screen off)....

Using a tripple-monitor setup, the background color of the menue-screen changed from black (1.2.0) to a horrible blue. Anyone knows wich file to tweak to get rid of this? Only cosmetic I know, but it kills the otherwis high immersion-factor somewhat. Love the music btw.

thanxxs in advance, Marcello

The DCS World modules are installed under the Mods\aircrafts\ folder under the DCS World installation directory.

:thumbup:

Anyone about the second question ? Current videocard is NVIDIA 550 Ti 1GB...processor is i7 INTEL with 10 GB RAM 64-BIT

"2. Framerates were down...so i replaced the HIGH.LUA file with the one I had in 1.20 ! Minor improvement ! Do i buy a new videocard or are there other things i can do ?"

If your Vid card is older than 2 years then its probably a good time to replace it.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Everything is done via DCS (world). You can ignore the old A-10C install altogether, and preferably uninstall it, as it is obsolete and totally separate to 1.2.1.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Everything is done via DCS (world). You can ignore the old A-10C install altogether, and preferably uninstall it, as it is obsolete and totally separate to 1.2.1.

I installed DCSW and then A10C for the "module", should I now uninstall the A10C standalone altogether?

Also, the auto updater is not running, ought it not to run every time I start up DCSW?

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Updater - once a day. you can manually run the updater via the start menu folder, but it will run the game afterwards regardless.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team

Should be there

start menu > all programs > Eagle dynamics > DCS world > Update DCS World

what version are you running ?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2