Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaahhhhhh what a joy it must be to drown in the Pool of Blissful Ignorance! Much swimming such Wow.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Try yourself, download any 3D software such as Blender 3D to understand the basic of 3D creating.

After that download the free graphic engine/terrain tool Unity : http://unity3d.com (for example, or any other you want)

And try yourself to make...A SIMPLE SMALL TOWN, not a global map, not a continent, not a country, not a region/state, not a big city, not small city, not even a big town, just a SMALL town with a lot of terrain around it.

50x50Km for the terrain, and NO ! flat terrain don't count !

And hooo by the way ! You HAVE to recreate a REAL town with the real wild around, road, forest, rivers, terrain elevation you have to put everything !

Now, see in how many time you do that, and after that you know what ?

Divide the side of all the map you have quoted by the size of your, and multiply the time you have needed to archive your map with this value, and you will get the idea.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

I was looking through the old PC combat flight simulations of the '80s and '90s and I think the following theaters ought to be added:

- Kuril Islands/Sea of Okhotsk/North Pacific

- Taiwan

- South China Sea (primarily the Paracel and Spratly Islands)

And I think this is in the works, but I am still awaiting the release of the Nellis Test and Training Range (NTTR).

- Falklands War (A-4 Skyhawk, Peruvians Mirage 5 x Sea Harriers).

- Brazilian Amazon borders (Fictional Conflict - Brazil against Bolivarian countries like Venezuela, Peru, bolivia (New Brazilian acquired JAS 39 "Gripen" x MiG-21Bis, Mig 29, Hawk. Drug Colombian cartels like FARC. (FAB Tucanos - AMX - F-5 - Mirage 2000 intercepting Cesnas containing drug smuggling and drug cartel airfields bombing hidden in heart of Amazon.

*Some Fighters mistakes may occur.

Edited by Swam-e

Close to Desert Storm theatre

Some of the aircraft marks are a bit different, I will try to mark those, but let's see how many planes we have and will get one day covering the Operation Desert Storm.

Coallition:

Already flyable:

- F-15C (we need to use Sparrows as no AMRAAMs before 1992)

- A-10A

WIP:

- F/A-18C (again, Sparrows only)

- Tornado GR.4 (the RAF used GR.1 during the war)

- Mirage.2000C

- Westland Puma

- S.342 Gazelle

AI:

- F-16C (only carried Sidewinders as A/A down there)

- AH-64A Apache

- UH-60 BlackHawk

- CH-53

- E-3

- E-2

Planes we need:

- A-7E

- Mirage F.1CR

- Jaguar.A (french version)

- Jaguar MK.I (british version)

- Tornado ADV

- F-4G

- A-6E

- Bucaneer

- Lynx (IIRC the British used the MK.7 antitank, no idea If VEAO will create it)

Mods:

- F-14A

Iraq:

Flyable:

- MiG-29A

- Su-25

- Mi-8

WIP:

- MiG-21Bis (Iraq used the MF with Matra Magic missiles)

AI:

- MiG-23 MLD (not sure the version Iraq used in 1991)

- MiG-25

- Mi-24

Also IIRC Iraq used SA-2 SAMS, we will need those too.

I'm sure I missed several planes for both sides, feel free to add them and I will update the post.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Everytime I hear "fictional" in this hardcore, study SIM area, it sounds utterly weird! :doh:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sarcasm and poor attitudes won't make time fly faster either. There were some map updates in the news letter.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

With new ways of getting finance like Kickstarter, third party devs and whatever else, I just hope we don't have to wait another 5 years to see a different theater, i.e. the middle east. It's been too long with the same black sea region and I am tired of taxing on Russian runways. (yeah, I know we have carriers too).

• ED Team
With new ways of getting finance like Kickstarter, third party devs and whatever else, I just hope we don't have to wait another 5 years to see a different theater, i.e. the middle east. It's been too long with the same black sea region and I am tired of taxing on Russian runways. (yeah, I know we have carriers too).

Again... might want to have a peak at the newsletter... basically puts 3 maps in works currently, NTTR, Normandy and an undisclosed one.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

...basically puts 3 maps in works currently, NTTR, Normandy and an undisclosed one.

Don't tease! RELEASE, PLEASE! :drool:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Shagrat, why does "fictional" sounds weird? I just wanted, even knowing its kind of impossible, to fly planes of Brazilian FAB. I mentioned bolivarian countries because they are ideological countries and more alike to cause conflicts IMO. I dont wish such a thing in real life. =D