Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I took a look at this post, I was freaking out, but now I'm going under my desk! What's going on?!

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Just passing time is all.

Realized today that almost a 1/6 of a year has passed since the announcement of 1.2.3. Imagine what this thread will look like when it hits a third of a year. ;)

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

1.2.3 Update

Over the weekend we had extensive networking testing of 1.2.3, but despite improvements and fixes to the network code, an unacceptable level of network instability remains. As such, work will continue on 1.2.3 until we believe the network code has the stability being demanded.

The primary culprit appears to simply be the massive increase in data now being needed to be shared due to the the growth of various modules and features (CA, FC3 aircraft, JTAC, etc).

I think we should give them plenty of time to fix this issue.

It is a big a turning point in the DCS Series.

If they can't get the net code sorted or don't do it probably the whole business model and future of DCS and ED is at risk of failing.

If every module slowed down the program n% then they wouldn't be able to keep adding 3rd party modules or ED's own.

As a software programmer myself I say stop wining and just just give them the time to get it right, it will be better for everyone.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Don't get us wrong, we are all aware of this.

We're just having fun with it because we don't have that much to do other than wait. :) Most of us are ED fanboyz and we are just kiddin' a little bit about things.

Ok - they are a few Falcon4 pilots that come to softly troll with their dynamics campaign, but i'm sure it's for fun, and anyway i'm sure one day ED will convert them one day :)

If you want to see how looks some serious trolling and flamewar, go to Ubisoft forum :D

Don't get us wrong, we are all aware of this.

We're just having fun with it because we don't have that much to do other than wait. :) Most of us are ED fanboyz and we are just kiddin' a little bit about things.

Ok - they are a few Falcon4 pilots that come to softly troll with their dynamics campaign, but i'm sure it's for fun, and anyway i'm sure one day ED will convert them one day :)

If you want to see how looks some serious trolling and flamewar, go to Ubisoft forum :D

Exactly. Nobody certainly should take our incessant whining too seriously. We still wub ED! :love:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Yup

we're just the kids repeatin "is it done yet"

more boredom than anything

There are a few servers lately that have been very good staying on-line.

Every once in a while though they pick a couple of people to repeadedly kick.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

guys

nothing worse than releasing a bugged product/patch to appease the masses because its delayed - what they're doing is the right thing - hold it back until you're FULLY happy with it ie. its tested and gone through the correct QA process. Otherwise, you'll have an angry mob!!

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

It kind of sucks that things have to be done one week at a time. If there's no good news on Monday, our hopes for the entire week are blown. :(

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

guys

nothing worse than releasing a bugged product/patch to appease the masses because its delayed - what they're doing is the right thing - hold it back until you're FULLY happy with it ie. its tested and gone through the correct QA process. Otherwise, you'll have an angry mob!!

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I thought part of the reason for the auto updater was to get more small patches out faster than waiting for the mega patch.

The 1.2.3 patch was announced 5 or 6 weeks ago but instead of putting it out, they are holding it all back while they re-work the network code.

Ofcourse they can release the stuff however they want but this current situation doesn't make sense to me unless 1.2.3 made the networking stability even worse than 1.2.2.

I'd like to see them release the 1.2.3 content now unless network stability is worse than 1.2.2.

I agree, netcode issues should not stop content from being released.

I thought part of the reason for the auto updater was to get more small patches out faster than waiting for the mega patch.

The 1.2.3 patch was announced 5 or 6 weeks ago but instead of putting it out, they are holding it all back while they re-work the network code.

Ofcourse they can release the stuff however they want but this current situation doesn't make sense to me unless 1.2.3 made the networking stability even worse than 1.2.2.

I'd like to see them release the 1.2.3 content now unless network stability is worse than 1.2.2.

Even if, that new content introduced variables that are being debugged in the net code?

Do you really think the features, scripts, or code for anything in the beta build isnt revised to that newer net code in testing?

EVERYTHING Is.

Common Sense, Get the Netcode Clean and Stable, Then release the new content.

Releasing the new content that's prolly already debugged and updated to use the latest network code in a patch without the updated network code will only cause more problems.

Im shocked at how many people seem to think debugging a major netcode problem is as easy as running spelling and grammar check in MS Office. IT Isnt.

Adding Content to something that's already broken is only gonna make it fall apart quicker.

ED is doing the right thing with holding back until the problem is fixed.

Since early 1.2.1 we've been going back and forth with Netcode issues, and I believe EVERYONE will be happy if that problem/bug is squashed for the fore seeable future

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Do you really think the features, scripts, or code for anything in the beta build isnt revised to that newer net code in testing?

EVERYTHING Is.

If that were true, than there wouldn't be any reason to have a single player aspect in the sim.

As an offline player, to me, netcode is not that important, but updated content is. If they need to fix the netcode, they can work on that in parallel. Fixing netcode is an ongoing struggle, which should not impede the delivery of new 3D artwork. :)

I am not against fixing netcode, of course not. I am just disappointed how netcode issues delay delivery of updated content, be it 3D models, interiors or skins.

I remember that the preliminary features of 1.2.3 included tons of proposed content updates, and netcode. Just sad to see that netcode trumps all the other goodies we so eagerly await.

Edited by rrohde
Forgot to mention

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

^ Some people are always moaning - just be patient, imagine introducing separate SP and MP patches, brings in a whole new patch management, doesnt make any sense.

Not moaning, not complaining... just eagerly awaiting DCS updates. Heck, I am willing to pay for new stuff, too. :)

And no, it's not about MP vs SP patch management. I just believe that netcode shouldn't holdup other content. I bet if it was the other way round, e.g. "we haven't gotten the 3D cockpit for plane XYZ just right, so we're pushing the netcode update back until further notice", people would be up in arms. :)

Long story short -- there's nothing wrong with incremental patches.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com