Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love how wags is keeping us in the loop, it is much appreciated and creates a much greater understanding of what's going on :)

I appreciate it also, but I have to wonder what kind of impact will 3rd party have on MP performance once this is resolved? Tons of projects to come means tons of new data. I'm not a programmer, but you have to wonder.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I appreciate it also, but I have to wonder what kind of impact will 3rd party have on MP performance once this is resolved? Tons of projects to come means tons of new data. I'm not a programmer, but you have to wonder.

very valid point. Let's hope they are 1 step ahead

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having different modules doesn't mean multiplying the data to share. There are a standard data to share, server side, composed by coordinates, velocity vectors, used sensor data, etc. The work being made is the base to all the incoming modules. So, it's better to account to all features and probable associated problems. Let's have patience, having a stable network code is a milestone.

Edited by Xpto

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update Wags, Even bad news is appreciated. Sadly it wasnt the update I was hoping for.

Main concern is how the problems with this patch are going to delay the upcoming Modules. Im guessing that they are set to be introduced with certain Patches, But if this one keeps being delayed, will that mean that the modules are delayed as well.

Im desprate to fly the huey, Hell im even dreaming about it now when I sleep.

Anyway, Thanks for doing everything in your powers to keep us informed and getting the MP working right. Im sure it WILL be worth it in the long run.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Thanks for the update Wags, Even bad news is appreciated. Sadly it wasnt the update I was hoping for.

Main concern is how the problems with this patch are going to delay the upcoming Modules. Im guessing that they are set to be introduced with certain Patches, But if this one keeps being delayed, will that mean that the modules are delayed as well.

Anyway, Thanks for doing everything in your powers to keep us informed and getting the MP working right. Im sure it WILL be worth it in the long run.

Cowboy10uk

wasn't the main problem with the huey some legal stuff?

The work on this patch shouldn't be delaying the Huey much if at all, or any future module.. The UH-1 is being worked on by a 3rd party.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The work on this patch shouldn't be delaying the Huey much if at all, or any future module.. The UH-1 is being worked on by a 3rd party.

Damn fast reply, Thanks GGTharos, I was only wondering as im guessing it would knock onto the development of the next update, which we would need to use in order to update our systems to recgonise the modules.

I know we have always had to update each time a module has been released up till now.

Although for all i know, we might still be months away from a huey release, and we could have a few updates between now and then.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

i think it's more the number of classes/types of data being transmitted, and not a per-module data/bandwidth problem.

Prior to FC3 and CA.

We had A-10C, KA-50, P-51,

So 2 Fixed wing and a Rotary Wing Module, all with AFM, and Advanced Systems.

More improtantly, all Aircraft.

Now Introduce Combined Arms.

Now you have to transmit the Aircraft Player Data, As well as a Player's Ground Unit Data, Ground Vehicle Data, Player JTAC Data.

Then Introduce FC3, Which brings in "Lock On Script" Items to the Net code,

Players are now transmitting data in regards to Radar Systems, LockOnScript Systems, etc.

So we went from

AC w/ AFM and Advanced Systems.

To

AC w/AFM, to Ground Units, JTAC, and FC3 Planes with LockOnScript and Player controlled Radars etc.

That's a ton of Data to add to a netcode, and with items in the engine being re-done from LockOnScript to a newer format, or simply the amount of features being integrated with each patch, some stuff is bound to get broken.

Introducing Player Control of some things may break how the netcode originally compiled and packeted that data before. etc.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Damn good post Skates!!! Those are the details, although I am not privileged to having, was looking for to satisfy my understanding of what the ED staff is up against. I have a new found respect for ED again. Never lost respect. It just went up another level! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

sometimes 1 step backards is needed to make 2 forward.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Damn good post Skates!!! Those are the details, although I am not privileged to having, was looking for to satisfy my understanding of what the ED staff is up against. I have a new found respect for ED again. Never lost respect. It just went up another level! :thumbup:

Good news is I think SkateZilla hit the magnitude of the issue on the head.

Bad news is March now sounds Optimistic. This sounds like a significant re-write.

Those were just my assumptions/observations, as I'm not a beta tester or dev with access to that info.

So my post is not an Official or Validated explanation.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I am just personally looking forward for the new cockpits. :p haha! But I guess game breaking bugs take the priority. But since artists wouldn't be messing with code...unless they are part of testers, hopefully...all this delay would mean us getting atleast one or two of those 3 new 6dof cockpits in next update? :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Even with the current bugs, DCS is currently my favorite game.

I'm hoping that eventually as the first and third party modules mature, and the DCS World engine is updated and optimized, the game begins to compete with the likes of the Battlefield and ARMA franchises, except more rooted in realism.

Take your time with 1.2.3, it's fun as-is in 1.2.2 (just get your fill in some single player missions! Take the down-time to learn how to use the mission editor and create your own scenarios!) and a solid release is much more important than satiating the few vocal impatient ones.

Just keep up the weekly updates so we know things are still moving along and we'll get 1.2.3 when we get it. :D

Great work on this simulator, guys!

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

While I am lucky enough to still have a copy of 1.2.1 installed and thus I can still play fully featured missions with my buddies without a rather rude random CTD on 100% of missions, I still get a bit grumpy that this has been going on so long.

I know this kind of thing takes time but it is getting harder and harder to wait for something that will give me a fully updated and functional product.

Anyway, aside from the rant, I wish them the best in all this.

..The primary culprit appears to simply be the massive increase in data now being needed to be shared due to the the growth of various modules and features (CA, FC3 aircraft, JTAC, etc).

Why dont cut the amount of data? for example, just model and calculate the trajectory for 1 of 10 bullets in a burts of any MG, then in impact point make damage calculations about the full burst with dispersion.