Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

There's a difference between adding MP features and making sure that a core part of the game (MP) is functional.

Although the MP crowd is still pretty small, ED seems to be on a path of 'more' when it comes to multiplayer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mqdefaulth.jpg

MULTIPLAYER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

I want to fly precision strike missions over a large city at night under heavy Flack like Operation Desert Storm (or Sheild or wherever the fmous shock and awe was) and launch Brimstone from a Typhoon "Danger Close" to a compound where my Royal Anglicans are under fire from the Taliban hiding in a school and then launch a Huey from a ship to transport Marines into the FOB into some city taking shots from hidden enemy.

All that requires some pretty good ground engine! ED Ground E is my vote ;-)

Begin

Read Thread

If

thread = 10 pages of uninformative debate,

Then

Show link to answer (Category.DCS1.2.3.Update)

And

Show Other link to Answer (Category.DCS.EDGE.Update)

Loop every 10 pages Until End of the world Or New ED Update

End ;)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• ED Team

I coined the name EDGE and it was actually a backronym from "Bleeding edge", initially meaning Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine.

Since there's so much hopes for it here, now I'd call it a Eagle Dynamics' Greatest engine Evar!

EDIT: while EDGE is still under development, you may have some fun here: http://arthurdick.com/projects/backronym/

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Perhaps a poll to decifer overall preference, S/P Vs M/P, ? Once i have finished S/P (any software/game/sim), i never usually return to S/P, M/P then becomes my preference, period ?

That wouldn't give a true number. Just think how many people don't even know or are reg to this or any type of forums? I wonder what percentage of people here are sp or mp flyers?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Poll won't help. I see where your idea is coming from and that's correct, but from experience i can tell that forum/communities are FAAAAAR from being representative of a market. It's concentration of passionate people, but most of the crowd are casual flyers that don't get in forums.

For example, in all the people I know in real life, I know 6 DCS/LO virtual pilots. And none of them are going thru this forum!

That is relevant in any domain (video gaming, sports, etc...)

I coined the name EDGE and it was actually a backronym from "Bleeding edge", initially meaning Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine.

Since there's so much hopes for it here, now I'd call it a Eagle Dynamics' Greatest engine Evar!

EDIT: while EDGE is still under development, you may have some fun here: http://arthurdick.com/projects/backronym/

No no I coined the name EDGE and so did my wife during our divorce proceedings her lawyers blamed Eagle Dynamics Gaming Experience as the key reason I no longer paid her any attention.

I argued it was her Enhanced Donut Gorging Experience that made her fat and sleepy was the reason.

We told the kids that Every Day Gets Easier after the divorce.

Im too pi55ed to try and make this amusing...

• Like 1

Im too pi55ed to try and make this amusing...

You succeeded admirably.

:D

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Every

Darn

Graphical

Enhancement

bahahahaha

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

This updates taking longer than my ex-wife!

Wat

By all means if you can debug and re-write the netcode quicker...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

wait, you want to debug and re-write his ex-wife?

:megalol:

There could be a very solid market in that indeed :thumbup:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

that was awesome! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

I would be happy with a small update that fix ff bug and the repairs at airfield.

Exes are abandoned bugged code roaming the galaxy to trap other reprogramming enthusiasts.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I would be happy with a small update that fix ff bug and the repairs at airfield.

Exes are abandoned bugged code roaming the galaxy to trap other reprogramming enthusiasts.

Was the updater not introduced just for that?

Waiting for the FFB Fix too, grounded now for about 3 Months!!!!!!

And getting a little bit angry about it!!!!!!

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

Was the updater not introduced just for that?

Waiting for the FFB Fix too, grounded now for about 3 Months!!!!!!

And getting a little bit angry about it!!!!!!

Yeah I would of thought that too, use auto updater for small, frequent fixes, doesn't seem useful atm but once 1.2.3 is live, I am sure it'll get used a lot to fix some bugs 1.2.3 brings like when 1.2.2 came out.

By all means if you can debug and re-write the netcode quicker...

that was awesome! :lol:

:shocking:....:lol::megalol: That sir,Is pure comedy gold!

Ima need you to read the part in BOLD

Can't program a sense of humor ...

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals