Erm....IRIS Simulations..Where?

*Rage*

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that bothers me is that they (IRIS) didn't care to inform the community here of their (lack of) progress or at least notify of delayed development. This way it seems they just left without bothering to let the folks know..pretty amateurish if you ask me..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

The only thing that bothers me is that they (IRIS) didn't care to inform the community here of their (lack of) progress or at least notify of delayed development. This way it seems they just left without bothering to let the folks know..pretty amateurish if you ask me..

quote:

dont forget IRIS is in FSX business mostly, they will not leave the know way (FSX) for an unknown way (DCS)

so if they can earn more money from FSX (easier made aircrafts or more customer) then they will make aircrafts for FSX and not for DCS :cry:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1589582#post1589582

sign-pic4.jpg

^^And what does that have to do with them not bothering to inform the community here of their DCS projects? Why the frack would I care for their FSX plans? This is ED/DCS forum and they could have at least said "Ok. guys we've changed our priorities, for now we won't be able to make any progress, but will let you know if and when anything changes in that regards.".

How hard is it, really?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

My conspiracy theory is that they looked at the cost/effort to develop for DCS against the potential return (size of the customer base) and compared that to the cost to continue to develop for FSX/Prepar3d and possibly TacPack with it's level of return. In the end the potential return on investment for DCS was not sufficient to make it worthwhile.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

So no Tomcat then, gutted!....Very dissapointed with the lack of info.....

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Most FSX developers produce a lot of rubbish, but Iris is one of the few that I quite like, so I do hope that they will be back. Although I do feel that they bit over a bit too much when they decided to make something as complex as a Mudhen as their first DCS aircraft.

^^And what does that have to do with them not bothering to inform the community here of their DCS projects? Why the frack would I care for their FSX plans? This is ED/DCS forum and they could have at least said "Ok. guys we've changed our priorities, for now we won't be able to make any progress, but will let you know if and when anything changes in that regards.".

How hard is it, really?

If the history of these and many other games/sim forums are to go by, that sort of announcement will bring out the trolls.

Why risk the vitriol of the vocal minority by reporting that there is nothing to report?

They had to prioritise and focus their efforts elsewhere (FSX) as it's the core of their business.

Why the frack would I care for their FSX plans?

The same can be said for your DCS requirements. Since nobody has financially committed to their DCS products, why should we demand that IRIS kowtow to our whim?

Try to genuinely put yourself in their shoes. If you ran a small crew of developers, and you took on something as challenging as a DCS title, you would feel the need to prioritise your assets on finalising, and then supporting, products that were already in the works, then when the revenue/liquid assets dictate it possible, move onto the more complex project.

How many posts have we seen that bagged ED on the lack of info on a particular project?

Is it any wonder that Wags has "EVERTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE" as his forum sig?

Time to show some patience and maturity folks.

Rectum non bustus

have read the post by EtharealN about IRIS still holding a licence, so im just gonna wait, keep my fingers crossed and hope IRIS are just extremely busy at present, and we will hear something soon.....

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

We in forum administration are constantly worried about longitudinal distance of scrolling; each root-level section takes up space in the browser. This also means that our friends in russia have to scroll further.

For this reason, we try to keep this scrolling distance as clean as other interests allow.

:lol: [russian accent mode: on; in background the main title from "The hunt for red october" slowly fades in]:

Mother Russia thanks you!! You are a true hero in the ongoing battle against capitalist scrolling comrade!!

As gratitude take 2 kg of medals:

08verennikov190.jpg

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Hi Everyone!

Where shall I start.. :) First and foremost, let me put some of your concerns to rest.

1. It's business as usual at IRIS. No we haven't lost our contact, no we haven't had a falling out with ED and no we haven't cancelled anything.

2. The decision to hide the IRIS forums is the ED forum moderators decision. We respect their decision and the reasons behind it.

3. Yes I DID mention on the IRIS forums here late last year that I personally had to focus on finishing the PC-21 prior to doing any more work on our DCS line. The PC-21 was finished last week and I'm pretty sure I earned a weekend off after all that.. :)

4. Our commitment to DCS and the industry is as strong now as it always has been. Any suggestions including so called 'inside knowledge' is absolute rubbish. If you don't hear it directly from me..take it with a grain of salt! There are many out there who like to spin tall tales for their own benefit.

Anyway, I respect your passion for our team and the aircraft we produce. It's a shame to read some of the negative comments here, but that's the nature of the business.. everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. :)

So thank you all...and we'll advise you all when we have more to show.

~David.

Hi Spanky, great to hear from you, and very glad that the IRIS projects for DCS are still going ahead.....

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Hi Everyone!

Where shall I start.. :) First and foremost, let me put some of your concerns to rest.

1. It's business as usual at IRIS. No we haven't lost our contact, no we haven't had a falling out with ED and no we haven't cancelled anything.

2. The decision to hide the IRIS forums is the ED forum moderators decision. We respect their decision and the reasons behind it.

3. Yes I DID mention on the IRIS forums here late last year that I personally had to focus on finishing the PC-21 prior to doing any more work on our DCS line. The PC-21 was finished last week and I'm pretty sure I earned a weekend off after all that.. :)

4. Our commitment to DCS and the industry is as strong now as it always has been. Any suggestions including so called 'inside knowledge' is absolute rubbish. If you don't hear it directly from me..take it with a grain of salt! There are many out there who like to spin tall tales for their own benefit.

Anyway, I respect your passion for our team and the aircraft we produce. It's a shame to read some of the negative comments here, but that's the nature of the business.. everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. :)

So thank you all...and we'll advise you all when we have more to show.

~David.

Ever onwards, David :D Thanks for the update.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Wha?

I thought you develop software?

No such thing as weekends there, only hard work, sweat, and if you don't cry yourself to sleep at least once a week you're not doing it right! :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

with all the conspiracy theories that were going around, I had to spend some Money on a Armadillo Hat.

I dont think people read 1 post by the mods in the first 3 pages.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I dont think people read 1 post by the mods in the first 3 pages.

People never do. :(

I feel unappreciated. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

hmmm, some of us do... some of us do actually read the thread all the all through before posting.

I know its a scary concept, but that's the way it is :huh:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"