P-51D Download $9.99,,, wow

Fakum

OK I hate to be the debbie downer of the group, but having played DCS/ED sims since LOMAC 1.0, if I buy stang now... are we potentially going to see a stang 2 for another $9.99-19.99? :joystick: Wrestling with their sales model, as I always think they're going to one better my recent purchase with another paid upgrade.

At that price, I hope everyone who has even a tiny bit of interest in the stang buys it, you can't afford to *not* try it. It's a pilot's plane, it'll show you real quick how bad you suck at flying. :D

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

@159th_Viper - I accidentally did that, then remembered from the tutorials that I shouldn't... I was zoomed into my panel with TrackIR at the time... so while I eased off the throttle and zoomed back out... I realised that I was a second too late :D

It's a pilot's plane, it'll show you real quick how bad you suck at flying. :D

Ain't that the truth!! :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK I hate to be the debbie downer of the group, but having played DCS/ED sims since LOMAC 1.0, if I buy stang now... are we potentially going to see a stang 2 for another $9.99-19.99? :joystick: Wrestling with their sales model, as I always think they're going to one better my recent purchase with another paid upgrade.

OK, Debbs... I don't think we'll get another Mustang (if you mean like BS1.0 and BS2.0, then I don't think so, it was a move to port BS into world with better shadows and other beauties for the shark notwithstanding in BS1.0).

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

After 20 minutes of trying to tame the stang...spinning on the runway.....

Is your tailwheel locked? When starting out, NEVER exceed 42 inHg on the Manifold Pressure gauge. If you are having problems just shout - I'll post a track for you to have a look at and confirm that there's no Bogeyman riding along in your cockpit :D

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
After 20 minutes of trying to tame the stang...spinning on the runway....screaming wtf is going on?...I went off for some Bf3 metro....not a good first impression.

Patience is a virtue.

Go through the training, then practice... :pilotfly:

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

As Viper mentioned above make sure you keep the stick either neutral or pulled back a bit to keep the tail wheel locked when taxiing to the runway and during the initial run once you've applied some power or you can end up in those twirls. You can hit CTRL+Enter to get a little diagram in the bottom left of your screen of where your stick, rudder and brake inputs are.

Remember to apply 5 degrees of right rudder before starting to take off. Keep the revs at full and manifold pressure at around 40 during the whole take-off run - on these long modern runways that's ample power to get you off the ground. Once you've picked up a bit of speed the rudders will become operational. You'll probably need to make some quick adjustments with the rudders before you transition into the air - keep them nice and light though or make some adjustments to your rudder curve to make it easier. You don't want to be jerking too hard left and right at that speed and with all that torque going on as you'll skid out of control pretty quickly. You have to be quick with the adjustments too - don't wait until you're quite noticibly veering off to one side as when you try to pull it back the other way you'll skid out of control. Once in the air you'll find it's a breeze to fly around.

After 20 minutes of trying to tame the stang...spinning on the runway....screaming wtf is going on?...I went off for some Bf3 metro....not a good first impression.

Patience is a virtue.

Like most valued things in life, it's worth putting considerable effort into despite initial frustrations. We've ALL been thrown off the Stang at times. Get back on and don't be afraid to give her the spurs (Make sure you have a good grip first) It's 100% active piloting. And yea, watch out when you unlock the tailwheel... can be a biatch. No real need to push the stick forward of center before you are well on your way down the runway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Patience is a virtue.

She's a beast, once you stop fighting her she will respond, slow and steady with movements, you have lots of runway...don't be afraid to take things slow ;).

I don't think BF3 will help with the frustration level ;)

She's a beast, once you stop fighting her she will respond, slow and steady with movements, you have lots of runway...don't be afraid to take things slow ;).

I don't think BF3 will help with the frustration level ;)

Agreed...but 64man carnage lets off the steam pressure for a while at least...then I will be calm enough for the stang..me thinks.:pilotfly:

• ED Team
Agreed...but 64man carnage lets off the steam pressure for a while at least...then I will be calm enough for the stang..me thinks.:pilotfly:

I hear yeah... sometimes mindless simulated death and destruction is needed to cleanse the palette :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

DAMN IT! I bought it last week for 39.99 :mad:

In that situation the best thing to do is buy a copy (or two) for friends. That way you end up with say three copies for only $20 each. ;)

It's a thought.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Patience is a virtue.

Training missions try the "take offs" one first or commit blasphemy and put it in game mode. :D :pilotfly: :joystick:

PS There's a reason why there is a thread for first take off videos.

I thought I made it my first attempt, that thought was quickly followed with the plane flipping upside down and nose diving into the dirt. My ego said,Ouch!

Edited by pii

In that situation the best thing to do is buy a copy (or two) for friends. That way you end up with say three copies for only $20 each. ;)

It's a thought.

LOL I'LL DO IT!

The thing is I tried to buy it 6 weeks ago but something happened in the sale and I ended up with a FC3 key and not P51. It took 6 weeks to get my money back so that I could turn around and buy what I originally wanted (p51).

Now I'm like DAMN IT why couldn't they have taken 8 weeks to respond?! I just can't win music_whistling.gif

I would love to sit the stang at the end of a hall way and let go with all her cannons at the other team. I can hear the "camper" name calling now.