1.2.4 CHANGE LOG

Raven68

I'm a little disappointed that we won't see the MiG-29 and Su-33 in Flaming Cliffs 3 get updated models and cockpits as well. It is ED's last chance of updating these aircraft in the FC series. Especially the MiG-29. But this also gives sense to the idea that they are going to make DCS: MiG-29. :)

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta leave something for 3rd Parties to do........

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm a little disappointed that we won't see the MiG-29 and Su-33 in Flaming Cliffs 3 get updated models and cockpits as well. It is ED's last chance of updating these aircraft in the FC series. Especially the MiG-29. But this also gives sense to the idea that they are going to make DCS: MiG-29. :)

Yes, in a perfect world the 29/33 would be updated. ED have already put more work in to this than originally planned due to customer demand. If they kept at it right now, FC would still take a long while to come out. They need to move on IMO and start work on the next DCS module. While the FC update is excellent and worth every penny to me, we need NEW blood.

Yup, 3rd parties can come in and take up some of the work. Would be great.

Although i have a great deal of appreciation for ed's work,and at the moment i own every product ED has marketed and will continue to buy them as they get released,sometimes i question myself:

why do the a10 a cockpit when you have DCS A-10C ?

why make great models for A-50, E3, An-26B, An-30M, E-2D, E-3C and leave the su33,f16,mig29 just to name a few with the old ones?

why make great models for A-50, E3, An-26B, An-30M, E-2D, E-3C and leave the su33,f16,mig29 just to name a few with the old ones?

1. DCS A-10C actually started out as an A-10A+. So a decent amount of work was probably already done on the A-10A cockpit before ED got permission to utilize the A-10C they made for the Air National Guard contract.

2. I don't know the entire rational for choosing to make a new model for object X instead of object Y, aside from the fact that new models were needed anyways for those aircraft.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

You have, someone else doesn't. Remember that FC is an easier game and many don't need the fidelity of A-10C. Which is another 40 bucks to spend. I've already noted it twice: in FC3 we now have 2 6DOF-pits planes per each side: a fighter and a ground-assault.

That is why the A-10A cockpit is needed.

MSI Z77A-G43 MOBO - Intel Core i5-3470 / oc.3,8 GHz (Zalman CNPS10X Performa) - MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB 2400 MHz - ATX Corsair TX 750W PSU - HDD Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB - HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB - SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120GB - Aerocool XPredator - Saitek X52 Pro - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5 Pro

That is usefull for old-style scenario.

The A-10C is a really boring aircraft. . . You see stuff, and you blew it up.

The A-10A is really really more challenging. Thus i prefer DCS level of realism, i find it more challenging (and appealing) to fly the -A version, because it's damn challenging to find target and shot them down, in comparison of the -C. 6DOF cockpit will help as you'll be able to slighly lean inside the cockpit and gain some more sight on what's happening under. In fact, 6DOF is needed for the A10A more than it's actually used in A10C with its s****load of electronics sensors.

I would kill for a DCS-A10-A.

Some would suggest just leaving the Litening II AT off the plane if you want more of a challenge. The targeting pod is not mandatory. I often fly without it to get more practice using the old reliable MK I eyeball.

That is usefull for old-style scenario.

The A-10C is a really boring aircraft. . . You see stuff, and you blew it up.

The A-10A is really really more challenging. Thus i prefer DCS level of realism, i find it more challenging (and appealing) to fly the -A version, because it's damn challenging to find target and shot them down, in comparison of the -C. 6DOF cockpit will help as you'll be able to slighly lean inside the cockpit and gain some more sight on what's happening under. In fact, 6DOF is needed for the A10A more than it's actually used in A10C with its s****load of electronics sensors.

I would kill for a DCS-A10-A.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I often fly without it to get more practice using the old reliable MK I eyeball.

After reading A-10s over Kosovo and Warthog, I find myself muttering "I wish I had binoculars" each time I'm orbiting an area looking for targets. Zoom is what it is, but it's not quite the same.

As written in "A-10s over Kosovo:"

Even with all this high-tech help, we still located about 80

percent of the targets we engaged using our Mk-1 eyeballs,

augmented by our trusty 12-power gyrostabilized binoculars.

I know this isn't the first time it's been brought up and I don't mean for it to be entirely off topic- I still like to have a TGP onboard even if it doesn't come out of standby mode... which would happen more often if I had a pair of "trusty 12-power gyrostabilized binoculars."

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

After reading A-10s over Kosovo and Warthog, I find myself muttering "I wish I had binoculars" each time I'm orbiting an area looking for targets. Zoom is what it is, but it's not quite the same.

You can tweak the zoom values to more closely approximate the 12x binos - that works fairly well and aids nicely in target ID.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I know this isn't the first time it's been brought up and I don't mean for it to be entirely off topic- I still like to have a TGP onboard even if it doesn't come out of standby mode... which would happen more often if I had a pair of "trusty 12-power gyrostabilized binoculars."

He might be talking about mavericks here, im not sure if the TGP was already in use at that time.

Look at the price m8 might be waiting awhile. :thumbup:

http://www.botachtactical.com/fujstab12xpo.html

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

you know there is a game in Japan that involves playing football while wearing binoculars. It would be fun to make a mission that also requires Binos for the entire time =0 :)

Just so you dont think im talking crazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rRK7vlBG8A

Funny stuff.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

did they fix the CBU97's in FC3 they still deploy right when they drop instead of gliding over the target then parachute in?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I hope they would look into the corrupted shadows

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104476

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I see in the change log, there's no mention of a fix for the F-15C landing bug. The one where the undercarriage appears to not matter

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1730044&postcount=33

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

He might be talking about mavericks here, im not sure if the TGP was already in use at that time.

Bit of a misunderstanding- the last bit of my quote that you have in italics wasn't... that was me saying that about the sim.

Where do we tweak the zoom feature? Anyone done that already with success and have a mod for it?

you know there is a game in Japan that involves playing football while wearing binoculars. It would be fun to make a mission that also requires Binos for the entire time =0 :)

Just so you dont think im talking crazy

I am a different person now having watched that video. That is outrageous!

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art