03 and 07 May 2013 Updates

No need. Coder C's busy getting love from Jenny in Accounts.
I knew it, coder C is surely spending too much time on the wrong floor, not filling his coding quota, that's why they can't even give us an estimated release date for F/A-18C!

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to AFM I wish they at least add working radios to the aircrafts so we can communicate using 3rd party mod.

I think it would be better to make the radios work realistically in the sim so that we would not need any 3rd party software.

That's not what he means, I think.

A lot of people use Teamspeak addons and similar things to have their teamspeak channels directed automatically by how the in-game radio is set.

Is there some specific thing that is wrong with the radios in the DCS modules?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't think it would.

Most people would still keep on using TeamSpeak, because a lot of Wings have more than one channel on a TS server.

So in game radio functionality is nice in theory, but it would require people to switch all the time. And a program like TS is still needed to communicate when outside of DCS.

So the current solution with TARS is pretty ideal and saves for a lot of switching applications. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Well, to be honest, I think it would be like in the Battlefield games (well, I've never played BF3 online so maybe it has changed) - it will be used by some, and be awesome for them; a good way to effectively encourage co-operation even on "random-join" servers (as opposed to organized groups of friends playing, ie squads).

Definitely has a place, but of course the big question is: would enough people use it to be worth the development costs? I honestly don't have a clue there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

O M G, you cant take my example with two "AFM devs" and assume one of them is a avionics guy to prove your point.. :megalol:

Indeed. It's about as daft as your assumption that's there's only 1 or 2 coders.

Edited by Hellfire257

All exits have been barred with dead horse.. :)

Shouldn't be a problem. This group can beat a dead horse to a pulp in fairly short order. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey, just give me that dead horse, I make a mean horsemeat goulash.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Over here we have been getting dead horse even without knowing. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hey, just give me that dead horse, I make a mean horsemeat goulash.

Do you work for Tesco by any chance?

All right I'm sorry but I had to go there. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Do you work for Tesco by any chance?

:megalol:

Well that did not take long at all :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Goulash is pretty tasty. Though honestly, I am quite fine with FC3 planes and would love if the flight models (specifically the F-15C) got some love. I think an incremental upgrade plan like this would honestly be for the better. I tend to think this way for a couple of reasons:

1. It isn't hurting anyone. This release pattern isn't threatening anyone's interests.

2. It isn't delaying anything. Since these modules (err.. F-15C at the very least) are planning on getting the full DCS treatment at some point in the future, really what we are getting is a "roadmap snapshot". This is very exciting for me, as it means that we will be getting more of what we want earlier, even if it comes in a less complete form. This doesn't mean that we will be seeing the DCS F-15C any later, it just means that we get to play with it EARLIER.

3. It's going to be both less expensive, and less of a hassle. Yes, that means more new people. "Oh, but why don't they just get DCS xxx?" Well, the real shocker is that they don't want to. Most people don't want the complexity of the systems, of having to learn how to work things. No, they want to be able to quickly fly around and blow stuff up. They aren't like you, and they aren't kids. They may be misguided, but that doesn't make them any less interested in paying for a somewhat less complex sim. And why not let them? If it isn't interfering with you, then why not let them do whatever they want?

If you are still complaining at this point, then you clearly do not understand something. ED is not giving us the middle finger. In fact, they are communicating more than ever before. They are trying to appeal their brand to more people. And better yet, they aren't doing it at the expense of any of the existing market base (i.e. DCS fans).

So please, do not ruin this wealth of renewed communication and updates by feeling slighted, as I am sure that this is not what's going on.

Furthermore, if a few of a company's releases do not suit you, feel free to not buy them.

Cheers,

Pyro

• Like 1

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I´m not complain at all, i´m very happy with the introduction of AFM to Eagles and Flankers earlier.

But my intention to buy FC3 would have changed if i knew this before.

I expect some little extra love and care to FC3 owners.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

He think he is saying it would be awesome if DCS have it own in game voice system, eg, using the VHF/UHF radios.
That's what I would want at least, in-game voice communication that uses the radio systems in each aircraft.

It should also model things such as signal strength, terrain blocking, attenuation and more.

I don't think we need completely correct models for this, but just enough so that it seems real.

It would be more fun, and it could also be a strength in multiplayer if one team is better at using the in-game comms, unless the other team cheats and uses TS ;)

it would be nice to have in game voice comms via the FM/AM Radios. So if you're not on the same Freq. you're gonna be able to communicate.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So if you're not on the same Freq. you're gonna be able to communicate.

In what way would that be even remotely realistic? If your not going to be on the same frequency then what are you simulating?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: