New FM update

TimeKilla

Yes, this is better. I still can't truly hover, but I can hang around in a fairly small area.

I was also actually able to hit and destroy a fuel truck and a command post with one or two rockets each. :D:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, should I eventually buy this sucka mutha ****a? I've been hesitating so far, mainly because I've been reading your experiences (SOOO HARD TO LAND AND FLY OMG!!!) and waiting for the promised new FM to arrive.

Should I buy NOW? I have TM HOTAS Warthog (too stiff??) + Saitek Combat Pedals (center detent causes trouble?) + TrackIR 5. :confused: :joystick:

What are you waiting for? :) Yes, NOW!

It definitely feels better, less 'random'. I wouldn't worry about people commenting on how easy it is, it's still properly challenging for a precise hover and approach to confined/small spots! See how fast you can hop from building to building (been doing that more than playing missions I confess - look at me, I'm a corporate heli pilot!)

Like the initial Mustang release with it's crazy yaw sensitivity on take off, 'realistic' doesn't equal 'uncontrollably difficult'!

See how fast you can hop from building to building (been doing that more than playing missions I confess - look at me, I'm a corporate heli pilot!)

That would be pretty good training actually, good idea. Oh the mission ideas are flying. DCS: Digital Charter pilot Simulator. :smartass:

ARM505 - Answer to your signature: they already are :smilewink:

...but Mixture is called Engine RPM setting and Throttle is called Corrector.

Edited by Suchacz
  • Like 1

I hear a lot talking about how Easy it is.

Well at least now I can land it on the numbers...:poster_oops:

Screen_130514_234919.thumb.jpg.5e7c5402eea03da326c00693040667c7.jpg

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

New FM feels more dampened, with better feel of inertia and with a little delay between control input and helo response. And i think that is right. And I think, that the influence of TLE on climbing tendency is little decreased.

Previous model was way too... let's say... nervous.

Edited by Suchacz

The current FM is indeed very close to the real thing now, although we'll continue to provide feedback to the devs and hopefully it will get even better. :)

The real Huey is quite docile (compared to other helicopters), the real trick is handling her when she gets close to her limits, especially when fast, heavy, high density altitude and flown tactically.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Due to the big Stabilizer, its heavy Blades and the "Heavy" Cell, the Huey is pretty Stable... You can compare it to an RC Helicopter without that Flybarless Crap...

The Bigger a Helo is, the better is its stability. Welcome to the physics guys ;) :p

I will try it out. Thanks!

Good to hear that this is realistic! Now the fun can really begin! :)

Shame that our doubts about the new FM are referred to as 'whiny'. There is no way to miss the point even more and the use of the word 'whiny' should be replaced by the word 'critical' at the very least. Thank you.

'Frett'

ive forgot on more thing

Keep in mind. When they say, that theyre working with real pilots, then i trust them.

99% Of the failures "not able to hover" "not able to fly" issues, is because of the problem between your ears ;) (We, in our company say that so, its not a personal attack)

For example, i havent any problems with the huey... after an hour or so hard training, ive got it... Landing where i want etc.

Its like in real life... when you have flown hundrets of hours with a Jetranger, and the go to the AS350... you gonna have a Bad time ;) :D

Im not a RL Pilot, im a Maint. Trainee, PCA etc... I have about 10hours JR, 2hrs Huhges 300 and 7 ****ing Minutes LAMA! (Best minutes ever in a Helo! :D)

ARM505 - Answer to your signature: they already are :smilewink:

...but Mixture is called Engine RPM setting and Throttle is called Corrector.

OT, sorry guys, but thanks Suchacz. The Huey throttle is indeed called 'Corrector' in the axis menu!

But the P51 mixture is still buttons only - the engine RPM setting axis is as it says, for the RPM setting, not the mixture.

Thanks!

Hello,

With the New update 1.2.4.12179.160 the FM is more perfect, now it's a real pleasure to fly with the Huey.

My take off and landing are more perfect with my HOTAS TM Warthog, congratulation for this update...

Best regards, Skull.

+1 congrats for the new FM.

Still a challenge to master, but I was able to land twice, back-to-back, on the runway numbers.

Yay!!!

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

So, should I eventually buy this sucka mutha ****a? I've been hesitating so far, mainly because I've been reading your experiences (SOOO HARD TO LAND AND FLY OMG!!!) and waiting for the promised new FM to arrive.

Should I buy NOW? I have TM HOTAS Warthog (too stiff??) + Saitek Combat Pedals (center detent causes trouble?) + TrackIR 5. :confused: :joystick:

Honestly ... Buy it...if you like choppers you will love it. So much fun to fly. Learning it is the best. Expect a learning curve but its hardly impossible. :pilotfly::thumbup:

Transition From forward flight to hover did seem to be very Violent on the original FM. The new FM seems to have added better weight and inertia to the choppa.

Manoeuvrability has reduced which I think feels more right for a utility helicopter (not that I have any experience).

The old FM however, was good fun.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I flew the updated FM last night and found it pleasant. I was able to hover nicely and transition to foward flight easily.

I did have some issues landing initially. The transition to hover was a little off so I had to modify the collective lift to compensate. So after a little practice I was able to make the transitions better. Once in a hover I was able to stay in a hover a lot easier.

So overall I like the new FM.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I checked your track. Watched it once and flew it once, looks like the slip indicator is lying to you a little bit. I checked this by getting to speed (120/80/60 knots) and flew down the runway 3 times respectively to the speeds I gave, to check if I was aligned with the centerline. I was able to fly with neutral rudder while overflying the runway whilst being aligned.

As was said above, If you're Huey is heavier you'll need more left rudder during liftoff, as you probably already know, or big changes in collective will require rudder work at any speed (which didn't seem to be the issue in your track). Notice when you're generally flying around and you'll see the slip indicator tweak out every once in awhile, I just ignore that as long as there isn't any huge swing to one side or the other for a prolonged time or if the Huey is visually veering to the right or left.

In short your flying looks fine to me.

Thanks Wess, your help is much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro