Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

17 May 2013 Update Discussion

Still hoping for news about a fix for the MSFFB2 fps drop with ffb enabled!

Just got my news! They found the problem with the msffb2 driver and should be able to work around it.

When can I preorder the Fw 190D?:pilotfly:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that little border padding is a bit un-necessary and it looks too clumped in a small place. Seperate it out and it will work nicely. I think a mix of the current mission/campaign selection screens with this would be awesome. But glad ot hear about the work on AFM for the flanker and eagle. Can't wait to check that out.

BTW...what about EDGE? Any updates? :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hornet

"Once the last of the FC3 avionics bugs have been squashed, much of our avionics programming staff will move on to the Hornet"

hallelujahhhhhhhh....:megalol:

Peter22

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Would be nice if they fix the heat blur issue in the next patch as well.

It has been reported to be fixed.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

the new mission selection screens look promising, especially that with all the modules we will get missions and campaign for many different aircraft, thanks. One request : is it possible to add a print function for the briefings of the missions please?

times, speeds, headings, weapons, frequencies, maps, etc... It would be so more immersive!

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Yes so SU-25A isthe only worth for FC3 the rest will be modular, They should of renamed FC3 just DCS:SU25A module .. Done with lockon and welcome to DCS ;)

The Su25A is the only aircraft I did setup on FC3.

Fly it like you stole it..

Hmm, this update was indeed great news. There are two things I saw that I love.

First in Wags update about 1.2.4 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1758651&postcount=4 under BS2, there is a small blurb about the prerequists changing for the installation of BS1. Can somebody elaborate in more detail about this?

Second, I love the new screens for the upcoming GUI changes. I am curious though how these changes will effect my BS mission pack. I guess I will need to do some testing when its released.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

yes i love our new privilEDGE to have a friday update!thx to ED and Wags!

also the content of the update is very promising again!

im really looking forward to the hornet...

honestly though, im really hoping for a friday update which refers to EDGE engine and the FW190.

especially that there was not yet one word left about the FW190 in those updates is quite surprising for me...but im just looking forward to next friday.

Any news on the A-10A AFM?

What happened to that?

I'd be really pissed if it doesn't end up in FC3, as it was promissed... :/

Did they really promise that? Remember that everything is subject to change ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

As for our F/A-18C Hornet, the new external model can already be seen in DCS World and work on the cockpit has been ongoing for quite a awhile. Once the last of the FC3 avionics bugs have been squashed, much of our avionics programming staff will move on to the Hornet.

Matt

I want this so badly.. Pre-pre-purchase would be ok too .:joystick:

Did they really promise that? Remember that everything is subject to change ;)

i believe yes

along with the new cockpits

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Yes so SU-25A isthe only worth for FC3 the rest will be modular, They should of renamed FC3 just DCS:SU25A module .. Done with lockon and welcome to DCS ;)

The Su25A is the only aircraft I did setup on FC3.

:(:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

i believe yes

along with the new cockpits

Source?

Not trying to be a douche or anything. But before claiming it has been promised, a source should be quoted to prevent speculation and discussion.

Edit:

Found it :) (now with link http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94515 )

An apples-to-apples comparison between FC2 to FC3/DCS World. I added a few new items to this list that I just got permission to make public today.

1- FC3 is a DCS World module that makes it single player and multiplayer compatible with all other DCS modules, including Combined Arms.

2- New F-15C 6 DOF cockpit

3- New F-15C 3D model

4- New Su-27 6 DOF cockpit

5- New Su-27 3D model

6- New A-10A 6 DOF cockpit

7- New A-10A model

8- Advanced Flight Model for A-10A

The A-10A will also have an advanced flight model.

Two point though:

1- It will not be ready for the 1.2.3 update.

I guess you just have to wait a little.

Edited by TZeer

Source?

Not trying to be a douche or anything. But before claiming it has been promised, a source should be quoted to prevent speculation and discussion.

Edit:

Found it smile.gif

An apples-to-apples comparison between FC2 to FC3/DCS World. I added a few new items to this list that I just got permission to make public today.

1- FC3 is a DCS World module that makes it single player and multiplayer compatible with all other DCS modules, including Combined Arms.

2- New F-15C 6 DOF cockpit

3- New F-15C 3D model

4- New Su-27 6 DOF cockpit

5- New Su-27 3D model

6- New A-10A 6 DOF cockpit

7- New A-10A model

8- Advanced Flight Model for A-10A

The A-10A will also have an advanced flight model.

Two point though:

1- It will not be ready for the 1.2.3 update.

[/Quote]

I guess you just have to wait a little.

That's not a promise ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Any news on the A-10A AFM?

What happened to that?

I'd be really pissed if it doesn't end up in FC3, as it was promissed... :/

Since the A-10A is aerodynamically pretty much identical to the A-10C, isn't there already an AFM for the A-10A? They could release it tomorrow. Or am I missing something?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Since the A-10A is aerodynamically pretty much identical to the A-10C, isn't there already an AFM for the A-10A? They could release it tomorrow. Or am I missing something?

good question..

You're missing something.

Even with the A-10C AFM (which is indeed being used) its not just a case of copy & paste. I mean, how would you feel about flying with the AFM, but not having SAS? That needs to be added to the A model, all the gauges in the pit for the engines etc need to be added. Etc etc.

AFM does much more than just effect how the aircraft feels to fly.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thanks for the notes @Wags

I think most flaming cliffs owner are pretty long-term committed and have purchased upgrades since lock-on. (a copy of lock-on minimum is still required with a purchase of FC3) I guess they own all the modules available :D

I would only hope ED would grant AFM to FC3 to ensure a similar dogfight experience with the same standalone aircraft.

I like to see it as the cherry on the pie, as it's the last flaming cliffs version :D (maybe it will increase sales too ^^)

As for clickable cockpits, sure, there is the clear difference between flaming cliffs and DCS modules as always been communicated.

Cheers !!