DCS F-35A

Wags

Don't know if this has already been posted but here's a nice video of an F-35B simulator. Contains HUD and glass cockpit symbology that includes targeting and dropping bombs. If Kinney interactive can make an F-35 as convincing as this I'll be a happy man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbnWg4v6iHk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The roll rate on this thing looks pretty good...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video :)

I'm amazed of how easily people are to talk shit about the F-35, without knowing it's full potential. And also expecting a plane that is in development and testing to be flawless from day 1. I highly doubt that any of the former planes, F-16, F-15, FA-18 etc, was developed without any technical hiccups along the way.

Looking forward to this module.

9135946884_5bfdf56db9_z.jpg

What!? The F-35 will have a round icon instead of a square??? If this is in the final release I'm never buying another DCS product again!

:D

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Paul, they are there so the aircraft shows up on RADAR. They are easy to remove, and if you want to go full stealth you just take them off. Don't know if I can post the name of them, but that is what they basically do...

Luneburg lenses. Aka 'nutsacks' on the F-22. They're not a secret, Luneburg lenses work on the same principle as stealth, they just do the opposite thing.

Thanks for the info guys, I never knew that and that is a pretty sweet thing to have. I wonder if KI will make them an option - for say RED FLAG exercises over DCS Nevada.... :)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

That's really the way they are...

Compare the F-35A: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-Martin-F-35A/2225430/&sid=cfeaa3af9101450bbdf5f34138c8363e

To the F-22: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-Martin-F-22A/2234397/&sid=b7a2a276c959f50c83b3de5cb18c74d6

The F-35 doesn't have the sexiest profile, but viewing from the top or the bottom, she looks very sweet!

I think she's a sexy beast!

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Might be worth considering for the Brimstones and Stormshadows. Could be a helluva lot of fun with those onboard :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Just out of interest, anyone know if the F-35A's electronic/hydraulic/fuel systems are declassified?

Also, any plans to include EOTS?

I can't imagine they would release an F-35 module without EOTS. It is one of the defining features of this weapons platform.

There are also enough videos that show the capabilities of EOTS for it to be modeled - anything beyond that only operators and maintainers would know about anyways.

There are also enough videos that show the capabilities of EOTS for it to be modeled - anything beyond that only operators and maintainers would know about anyways.

:)

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:)

Yes, I will watch your opinion(s) on KI's DCS: F-35 with great earnest. I'm not sure what you can and cannot provide to them/us before you "cross a line."

Just like with the Lightening II there are a number of features/capabilities that are not modeled in DCS: A-10C due to classification/contract requirements. I expect nothing less with the F-35.

If a video demonstrating features/capabilities is found in the public domain then I expect/hope that KI will model it to their best abilities.

If they do that, this will be a great module...

Just some various shots of the F-35's we have here at Edwards. The last two photos are of me and my crew. We call AF-03 the Angry Bird, and have little stickers of angry birds in the gear bays. Also the shirts we wear. on the back they say AF-03 "Happy to be Angry". Me in the White Hat BTW....

Edited by beaupower32
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lol im with you. BOYCOTT DCS

:D

Our Icon doesnt follow DCS's stock Icons either.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi guys just wanted to make a quick comment on the F-35 Icon. It's just a test Icon we use to test the aircraft in DCS - test team only. It will be modified, when released, as to fit in with other interface options. I know trust must be earned - I respect that, but please understand that I have tied my team to DCS. We don't want to do anything to hurt the platform... We want it to grow. Its the last best hope for high fidelity combat flight sim. Again trust must be earned - we look forward to doing that every day. All my very best to all, and thank you so much for the words of encouragement. We need everyone in this great community pulling together to get this done. Eagle

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this. This is most likely going to be the next fighter of the Dutch Air Force if all goes well. An extra reason to like this module.

But I am a bit skeptic about how detailed this module can be due to classified information. I uderstand that stealth capabilities cannot be simulated but only guessed. I do hope however that the FM is true AFM and that all avionics are 100% accurate.

'Frett'

Hi guys just wanted to make a quick comment on the F-35 Icon. It's just a test Icon we use to test the aircraft in DCS - test team only. It will be modified, when released, as to fit in with other interface options. I know trust must be earned - I respect that, but please understand that I have tied my team to DCS. We don't want to do anything to hurt the platform... We want it to grow. Its the last best hope for high fidelity combat flight sim. Again trust must be earned - we look forward to doing that every day. All my very best to all, and thank you so much for the words of encouragement. We need everyone in this great community pulling together to get this done. Eagle

Let me know where you need help, and I will help with what I can. I just want to make this as close as accurate as possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eagle,

Thank's for the updates. By keeping us informed and updated it gives the feeling that you do care about the module and us users.

Staying quiet and giving random small updates every 6 months or so is not very cool and breeds doubt throughout the forums. You sir are doing it right. :thumbup:

Our Icon doesnt follow DCS's stock Icons either.

Shame Shame! But really though, as long as it is aesthetically pleasing I will never have a problem with triangular, rectangular, or circular icons lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did they notice they wrote DCS incorrectly?

Under the Gallery at: http://www.kinneyinteractive.com/#!dcs-f-35-lightning-ii/c1bom

"The Kinney Interactive team is busy integrating a very high detail 3D F-35A model into the DSC engine. Check back often for updated pictures and videos"

Well then I suppose the whole project is worthless and going to sink. I mean if they can't even get that right then how can we expect that their code will be up to par.

:pilotfly:

Thanks again for valuable feedback to the initiative. It's comments like this that really help drive the enthusiasm for the bigger picture.

• Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art