DCS F-35A

Wags

Man this goal seems lofty for only two weeks. I guess if it even comes close, it will show how much this community has grown since the mig contributions. I'm in. Good luck

Edited by smnwrx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$75000 is a bit ambitious based on experience with the Mig-21 project which raised $15144 in one month. This project was announced two weeks ago and doesn't even have it's own sub-forum yet. When the Mig-21 pre-order was launched, the project was already announced some time ago and many pictures and development updates were available that made people confident enough to pre-order it. Now I'm not so sure. I hope Kinneyinteractive will not dissappear as IRIS Simulations did and if the goal is not met I do hope that development continues. I'd really like to see this project evolve in a great DCS module!

'Frett'

I'm confused about one thing, he mentions a few times how it's going to be a completely "stand-alone" game. Does this mean it will NOT be a DCS: World module, but a separate executable all together?

Thanks

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I've been thinking about that too, I wish it was at least set to 30 days.

Eagle, you guys need to get the kickstarter out in PC Pilot and PC Gamer and you would reach your goal... (probably not enough time for that now)

from Kickstarter:

"Setting your project deadline

Funding can last anywhere from one to 60 days, however a longer duration is not necessarily better. Statistically, projects lasting 30 days or less have our highest success rates. A Kickstarter project takes a lot of work to run, and shorter projects set a tone of confidence and help motivate your backers to join the party. Longer durations incite less urgency, encourage procrastination, and tend to fizzle out."

Good luck guys and i hope you (KI) will come up with Bravo and Charlie soon :thumbup:

sign-pic4.jpg

"This project will only be funded if at least $75,000 is pledged by Saturday Jul 13"

Oh man we only have 2 weeks to reach this goal!?!?!?

The Oculus Rift took in around $2.5 million in 30 days.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm confused about one thing, he mentions a few times how it's going to be a completely "stand-alone" game. Does this mean it will NOT be a DCS: World module, but a separate executable all together?

Thanks

Found in comments of the kickstarter

Creator David Kinney

about 2 hours ago

We will be using the DCS engine to build and integrate the F-35. Although you can fly the F-35 as a standalone simulation (campaign & training missions) it will be fully integrated into DCS World, which may be downloaded for free.

Ummm

Seriously confused. You're only saying you're going to build the F-35A for sure and the B and C as reach goals for $155k and $220k. On the other hand you're promising them to the people at the higher level pledges.

How exactly does that work if you only reach $75k?

Edit: David responded to me on kickstarter about this question:

"Hi Jason, we will be building all three F-35s, we may not be able to start on the C until the A is released if we do not get fully funded, but we a committed to building all three models. Your contribution guarantees all three... David" and:

"By that I mean Jason, if you have contributed and are entitled to ether the C or B or both - you will receive them if we at least reach our goal of $75,000 David."

Thanks for the clarification!

Edited by xaoslaad

Well, as its for DCS. I've pledged.

Fingers crossed it makes it.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

So the kickstarter only need's to make $5,000 a day and we're there.

If the kickstarter fail's and does not meet the goal, does this mean the F-35 from KI will never happen for DCS? Or just that it will take a lot longer to develop?

Edited by Mike Busutil

If this gets dropped into the Caucasus region it'll be a sin.If it were Nevada,well.......:(

Mick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

If this gets dropped into the Caucasus region it'll be a sin.If it were Nevada,well.......:(

Mick.

Well, that one is in ED's corner and they have at least a year.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

a little 50$, for now ;)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

I hope they reach atleast their minimum goal. I really love to see this happen! 15 days is very challenging.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog