Waiting for first discount on DCS: Mi-8MTV2

It mind boggling to know that ripping off people is ok by some members on this forum when they have an interest at hand instead of showing some support against unfair and unscrupulous business conduct. I'm speechless.

You just don't get it, and I'm afraid you never will. I'm sorry I wasted 15 minutes out of my life on this ridiculous argument. Tell me, what's it like going through life without a clue?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just don't get it, and I'm afraid you never will. I'm sorry I wasted 15 minutes out of my life on this ridiculous argument. Tell me, what's it like going through life without a clue?

You never waste your time when talking to others. You just make your spirit ''wider''.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Never ever blame someone else other than yourself if decision you made is made by you without anyone tricking you (like giving false information to lure you into buying what you are buying)

The module has everything is was advertised for... it was said to be in BETA... Wags even posted that there will be a sale soon for everything in DCS... so no oe has any right to blame ED or Belsimtek for this sale... serisouly... think again WHY you paid the module when it was first went for sale... then think again was it worth buying it at that price... if you said YES, then really just accept that this price reduction happens all the time and that no one tricked you into buying it... so if you really want or have to blame anyone... it can only be yourself... and once again... think again WAS IT WORTH FOR YOU TO BUY THE MODULE AT PRICE YOU PAID FOR? If yes... just relax and move on with your life and just enjoy what you have and wanted to have... its that simple. :)

No longer active in DCS...

Also don´t blame all people that will never buy any module just on release, waiting for the next sale.

Happy who bought it right now, happy who bought it on sale.

I only hope all people that now are waiting for sales instead supporting at full price (more than you think) don´t hurt to much new module development.

No one could blame us.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Also don´t blame all people that will never buy any module just on release, waiting for the next sale.

Happy who bought it right now, happy who bought it on sale.

I only hope all people that now are waiting for sales instead supporting at full price (more than you think) don´t hurt to much new module development.

No one could blame us.

Well said sir. With this topic I and many others are done. Both sides have stated their case. Let the chips fall as they may.

And I can't resist

Edited by ff4life4

As Early Adopters..what is the poinr?

I have been a real supporter of ED since the SU 27 range what is the point of early adopting? (and with the risk of getting banned)

With A10C beta, which bought all those years ago, I was promised a free Nevada upgrade.

Nothing happened.

Recently bought Mil 8 Beta....only to be told that the same beta is now on sale for 19$.

Am I the only one being taken for a ride? or a short ride in a FS?

Please tell me ED and Wags what is the point of early adopting!!!

Regards

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Apparently, you get to play it sooner.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have a first edition paper airplane for sale :thumbup:

Only 39.95.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

After being punished for getting the Black Shark 2 upgrade and then getting the Black Shark 2 full version on top (is that kind of three purchases of the same aircraft?), I won't be supporting DCS modules at full price anymore.

If ED have set their strategy on a High/Low model I'll shop accordingly.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I am keen to support the genre so consciously bought the product on initial release. Fully aware that one day ( & probably sooner rather than later ) it would be available cheaper. But this reduction is very very quick.

I am still keen to support the genre and am not seeking my money back. But I would like some recognition as a "founder" purchaser of the product.

• Like 1

Please tell me ED and Wags what is the point of early adopting!!!

Regards

Question for you:

What is the point in buying a $400 video card when it's first released?

What is the point in buying a $1,500 LCD TV when it's first released?

You can go on and on about what you think you should get, but what you get, IS THE PRODUCT. That's it. If you don't think a video card is worth $400, DON'T BUY IT. Wait until it's $240 a few months later. Same goes for the TV, Same goes for software.

:smartass:

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

If you don't think a video card is worth $400, DON'T BUY IT. Wait until it's $240 a few months later. Same goes for the TV, Same goes for software.

:smartass:

I tend to agree. But I have to say that a 60% discount for a product that's been available for only two weeks is... surprising. :huh:

• Like 1

I completely agree with you. I mean yes by early adopting we got to play it for a week or two early but for a 20 dollar mark up it's not worth it. I'll continue to support ED because DCS is second to none in combat flight simulators but I will no longer purchase at release. I'll wait two weeks to a month and save 50-60% either through ED or Steam sales. I'm sure ED will follow through with their promise to give A-10C beta buyers Nevada for free. Wait for that map to be released and if they don't follow through with their word then sure time to be pissed. Until then trust in their excellent work and have faith in their ability to roll out a quality product, just be warned that takes time. I'm not complaining I'm just agreeing and saying hey lesson learned just don't' fall for it again ;). Ya know what they say "Fool me once ...."

Does the paper come with a free scenery upgrade? of the Nevada variety?

Am I the only one who is old enough to remember being told that early adopters of A10C would get a free upgrade?

Yes....it's a SAND paper plane!! :megalol:

Erm yeah.

I actually understand what your saying.

Seeing the Mi8MTV2 on sale is strange. I'm not going to argue though.

Learn the lesson and hold off for a sale ;)

It's weird a Beta goes on sale though......like I say, I an't complaining!

That makes it sound like we are going to have to pay for completely new modules when EDGE comes out.

No it doesn't

I makes it sound like we're going to have to pay for Nevada if we didn't buy the A10c Beta.

Either way, this is a niche market.

You want these guys to make this stuff, we gotta give them food.....

I think Waggs is buying the new iPhone, so thats why he's having a whip round with the sale ;)

Lets see...I paid 60 dollars for the A-10C beta almost 3 years ago, I have over 400 MP flight hours and who knows how many hours flying SP while testing for ED. I'd say that's a good return on investment even without the Nevada map! Just looking at it on a "cost per month" average that's basically 1.67 a month.

Not to shabby when I've spend 60 dollars on a PS3 game before and only played it for a month. I know people who blow 60 dollars at a bar and all that gets them is a hangover the next morning. I think people just need to take a step back and relax. Everyone knows that ED products go on sale every so often. if paying full price bothers you simply wait until a sale happens!

Edited by Snoopy

Lets see...I paid 60 dollars for the A-10C beta almost 3 years ago, I have over 400 MP flight hours and who knows how many hours flying SP while testing for ED. I'd say that's a good return on investment even without the Nevada map! Just looking at if on a "cost per month" average that's basically 1.67 a month.

Not to shabby when I've spend 60 dollars on a PS3 game before and only played it for a month.

I have 300 hours in BS1 on steam, it's kind of hard to top that in cost/entertainment value

I know we love DCS and want more modules but there is something wrong with the business model if beta products just a few weeks old is put on sale.

It is ED's business and paying full price for a product here means months if not years of enjoyment but perhaps just wait 6 months after a release to have a sale for that product?

I'll be buying FC3 now though : )

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908