DCS 1.2.6 Update 2 Available

skouras

Do people actually read or search the forums? How many times is this question asked and answered by now? Time for a sticky...again...

Get ready to answer more of them the next time too. Developers can help themselves by trying to think like a customer.

How about they give a message when you try to load the game when there is an update available that says: "updates are available, do you wish to update?"

Or...have a button to launch the updater in the sim under the "news" pop up.

This is how it went for me:

1.Read the forums and see update is out.

2.Launch DCS, nothing happens, game loads as normal.

3.Click the little news widget on the left of the screen, which also says update out.

4.Click on the link in the widget- takes me to the update change log.

5. Alt tab back to DCS and open the Modules section to look for an Update button...nothing.

6. Close the game and reload it a few times.

7. Look around the forums to see how its done.

not exactly intuitive.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Do people actually read or search the forums? How many times is this question asked and answered by now? Time for a sticky...again...

There is a Sticky.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That's why i wrote... again...

Also, why does it seem so hard for people to place the updater icon on their desktop so that if you just played and missed the update by a second and then come in here and read about it, offers you to just click it and off you go... updating... life can be so simple sometimes...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

heads up...

DCS World

• Fixed a crash caused by AI in certain conditions.
  • Fixed crash caused by fullscreen mode failing to initialize when using multimonitor presets (fall back to windowed mode in case of fail).
  • Multiplayer. Fixed client crash caused by AWACS being killed.
  • Kh-22 missile 3D model corrected.
  • Su-25T. Laser Rangefinder doesn't turned OFF when Route mode selected is fixed.
  • Fixed submerged Il-76 static object.

DCS: A-10C Warthog

• Fixed crash caused by Mission Prepare.

Flaming Cliffs 3

• F-15C. Extra chaff loading has been corrected.
  • F-15C. Fixed Navigation Mode not updating after aerial refueling.
  • Fixed Kuznetsov aircraft carrier ATC not providing permission to take off.
  • Fixed wingman trying to land on an aircraft carrier while in formation.
  • Corrected position of smoke outlet of smoke generators.
  • Su-27. Sorbcya ECM pod 3D model - Fixed navigation light position.
  • Su-27. 3D model - Fixed canopy texture issue.
  • Su-27. Adjusted landing gear light cone.
  • Su-27. Fixed bug with tail numbering for Su-27 "Air Force Standard" scheme.
  • Su-27. Corrected landing gear animation.

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight BETA

• Corrected upper blister sections of the cockpit 3D model.
  • Updated animation of radio channel selectors.
  • Added animations for the RI-65 voice warning system control panel.
  • Added thumb button to the rotor brake lever.
  • Added wheel brake lever to the cyclic control handle.
  • Adjusted wheel brake sound.
  • Added bomb release command (B) to the default input profile.
  • Fuel shut off valves defaulted to off during cold start.
  • Corrected armament keys for joystick.
  • Corrected altimeter pressure limits.
  • Fixed audio volume adjustment when opening/closing blisters.
  • Removed audio volume adjustment when opening/closing fuselage door.
  • Fixed camera position issue caused by multiple presses of the Flight Engineer position command.
  • 6 DOF now works correctly when switching to the right pilot position.
  • Corrected operation of dust protection device heating, engine heating.
  • Added rudder trimmer option.
  • Circuit breakers. Common turning-off functionality for auto-stop.

DCS: UH-1H Huey BETA

• Fixed sticking commands in the left pilot position.

The Quickstart missions for the P-51D were apparently updated by "Update 2". No mention of P-51D changes in the Changelog above.

What was the reason for the update and are there other changes in Update 2 that did not make the Changelog?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Hi!

So... in the Mi-8 mod are the folowing new bugs after updating:

- the wheelbrake relase sound is missing

- on the collective of right pilot dont roll the corrector, only on the left collektive

older bug:

- rearming/refueling problem :cry:

- dont count the multiplayer flight time

The brake sound runs fine when the Mi-8 it´s cold and dark.

When the engines are running no sound at all.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The brake sound runs fine when the Mi-8 it´s cold and dark.

When the engines are running no sound at all.

Hello,

In fact the brake sound run fine, in cold & dark you close the two windows and the brake sound is very low.

But I you open just one window by exemple the left window you can hear perfectly the brake sound :thumbup:

So for me it's not a bug but just one new upgrade and it's perfect, congratulation for BST team :clap_2:

PS:

Please can you test that and give us your feedback :music_whistling:

Bye, Skull ;)

Edited by Skulleader

Hello,

In fact the brake sound run fine, in cold & dark you close the two windows and the brake sound is very low.

But I you open just one window by exemple the left window you can hear perfectly the brake sound :thumbup:

So for me it's not a bug but just one new upgrade and it's perfect, congratulation for BST team :clap_2:

PS:

Please can you test that and give us your feedback :music_whistling:

Bye, Skull ;)

the brake sound it should be hearing with windows closed as well

heres a video watch at 4.15

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

@SE: Do you mean the CBU and smoke stutters?
Nope, just the stuttering from unnecessarily high RAM usage. The CBU lag will take a while to fix if at all. It needs an entire new effect. Smoke and other effects are quite costly as they are, so hopefully EDGE will be the saving grace we make it to be.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Lag/Stuttering/RAM issue has been fixed. Thanks ED!! :pilotfly:

Did they really fix it??? Awesome!!! Since switching to 64 bit Win7, this was one of the biggest issues I have been experiencing during my sim time with A10c.

I'll have to give it a go tonight!

What about online, is it more stable now? :wallbash:

We will need at least a couple of days testing this new version before coming to a conclusion about general stability. One thing for sure, it loads MUCH faster with a smoother UI which are good signs.

Please keep us posted on how the general feeling is on the Russian side of the forums.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

-=Shrek=-Sqh FIRST RESPONSE from test in MP

It is early days and still needs a little more time to check out performance but at this point, congratulations ED team, you seem to have produced a patch that delivers a positive result. All smiles at -=Shrek=-Sqn training night tonight, where we flew a solid full on combat mission without a single crash.

It was not exactly a "stress test" but the 8 members flying were operating their ACs weapons at full stretch without as much as a stutter.

One possible bug might be in connection with some game triggers that failed (group % destroyed - triggering an activation) but as said before, its still a bit too early to be sure.

WELL DONE! ED, its refreshing to have a patch that gives a positive experience.

Edited by OGREMAN
spell correction

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice language follows the country of your flight. But if you want an Russian flight with English voices, you could probably overwrite the Russian files with the English in "DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound". Though I haven't personally tried it, since I like that feature.

"Fixed submerged Il-76 static object."

Am I the ONLY one who breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that this INSTANT emersion killer was fixed?!

THANKS ED!

This issue is NOT FIXED for me or any member of the Squad flying tonight Tue 08 Oct. Submerged object (Illusion) at Senaki Kholki.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WELL DONE! ED, its refreshing to have a patch that gives a positive experience.

Yes, feel the love. My Hollo Pointe server has been running very well since the latest update. Another big plus is having the Arty Fire At Point working again in the ME.

Thank you ED.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.