New Saitek X-55

The problem with saitek is their vicious way to manufacture their products. :smartass:Example: The potentiometers of the RZ axis (rudder) are made weaker than the other ones. The why is in my signature. I'm curious to know how many of you guys have sloppy response in rudder axis.

I used my x-52 a hell of a lot tho, that's true, but only like 3 years before it went nuts, and I know other people that had same problem.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saitek isnt the only one's selling pedals, CH..

I moved from Saitek X-52 (which completely stopped working and blinkin LEDs at me one morning, and yes I replaced the PS/2 cable and everything).

After Building My new System a few years back, I Bought a CH Stick and Throttle Used from another Community Member, Bought the CH Pedals New Online.

My Opinion, it's the Best $220 I've ever spent. I'll never go back to the Saitek SpringSticks.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I you look carefuly to that teaser/trailer you can see the center spring with the plate there, same as at X-52Pro. So no-joy for me, I had that and I hated that :(

What we really need the X55 to be is an all-Hall sensor HOTAS with all-metal construction (at least internally) and reliable force-feedback. Looking at that shadowy video I think we can forget the FF as it does seem to have the Saitek spring centreing system.

With Saitek you get what you pay for, a reasonable quality HOTAS, a fully operational life of around 3 to 5 years but unlike the old days, NO support worth mentioning.

I had the X36, the X45 and now the X52Pro (for about 8 years now I think). Once upon a time you could get spares from Saitek, things like pots etc., but now you can't. Also the Pots on the X52 Pro throttle rotaries are tiny flat devices and I never have found a suitable replacement. If you send it to Madcatz I think they can fix them but when I checked some time ago it didn't seem cost effective, you may as well buy a new unit because if one pot has failed the next one may do quite soon, depending on how much you use it.

And that is now the problem with Saitek, its a buy-and-throw marketing approach.

I have done the Saitek X52Pro magnet mod and the springs are so weak around the centre now that I can make very fine accurate adjustments around the centre with very little pressure and actually I am very happy with that. But, I have a noisy lower X52 throttle pot which I can't replace. I have put my old X45 alongside it for RPM (throttle), elevator trim (lower rotary) and aileron trim (upper rotary) and if they go I can get replacement traditional pots. I'm just waiting for the X52 upper rotary (rudder trim) to go although I have soaked it in contact cleaner.

If I could afford CH I'd buy it but I also have been told its advisable to modify them with metal internals and they aren't Hall Sensor.

Frankly, there's no excuse for anyone selling a joystick at £50/$80 plus not to have Hall sensors, even of it means a couple of pounds/dollars on the price. They are cheap as chips now. We should simply refuse to buy one that doesn't have them.

EDIT: @Flanker, I don't think there is any more info than that video attempt to get us inquisitive. Unfortunately there's so little to be seen in the video they may as well not have bothered, a simple News banner would have done the same job.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

What we really need the X55 to be is an all-Hall sensor HOTAS with all-metal construction (at least internally) and reliable force-feedback. Looking at that shadowy video I think we can forget the FF as it does seem to have the Saitek spring centreing system.

Well, Saitek centering spring worked just fine with Saitek Force Feedback stick.

Take a look at this video I made few years ago.

5kAipkQwBvU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOIJDi-Ksdfjez4aT1Xhd_g

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well, Saitek centering spring worked just fine with Saitek Force Feedback stick.

Take a look at this video I made few years ago.

........]

Well that would be nice. I never used a FF stick before and I worried that the pressures around the centre point would be heavy but that Saitek stick looked like only small forces are needed at the centre which again would be nice.

Here's hoping.......

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Supposedly to be called 'the Rhino' (you can see a little Rhino head in the logo). It's a tusk-based naming war, maybe the next challenger will be the 'Walrus'.

I suspect we'll be getting the 65F's throttle unit or something similar. Will be attractive for the prop heads who like a few rotaries.

I think Logitech need to build something like a replica FA-18 or Su27 hotas with ffb and they will dominate the market. look how well the warthog has done, Saitek have there own style but most flight sim users go for immersion and having a starwars style joystick infront of u covering in glowing led's is the worst thing for that. unless your flying a spacecraft lol. one of my favourite sticks was the trustmaster master flight control system. felt amazing compaired to new ones.

I really hope this will be compatible with my X65F Throttle, since the joystick look very much same except its movable. This way I could have the best of two worlds and use sticks accordingly to airplane. Don't know why most people hate on X65F I never had any driver,software and hardware related issues in matter of fact I love my stick but I guess the movable one would suite hog better.

According to this site it will be available for pre order on the 20th nov.

http://www.simflight.com/2013/11/12/saitek-launch-new-x55-rhino/

Sorry if someone posted that before.

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Just rummaging around Saitek's official blog and noticed this picture of their 'testing bench' from August this year. See the throttle unit on the far right? Looks as if a 65F and Warthog units had a baby...anyone able to shed more light on that?

backinoffice1.jpeg

Fortunately, they've kindly highlighted the inclusion of the TERRIBLE "spring-and-plate" design that makes the X-52 line such garbage for precision flying. Thanks for making sure I know to ignore this product, Saitek. Always a pleasure.

Easy there bucko ;):thumbup:

STT Radar issue is leftover code.

I loved my X-45 and would still be using it today if the spring didn't suck on it. Spring started wearing out in about 6 months, then it was all downhill from there. I'm not a big fan of their spring system, but I've heard of X-52's lasting a long time. I guess it depends on how much flying the person is doing. When I had my X-45 I was flying over 20+ hours a week.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

There was a trick to adding tension to an X52 spring using the top of the case CDR's come in. It was kinda like a washer that compressed the spring a little and you could add more to tighten it. It worked for me at least and definitely gave it a better feel, I'd imagine it would have worked just as well for an X45 as well.

I found two pictures

Since no throttle in the trailer, I don;t know whether they are accurate or not.

just 4fun

btw, could saitek redesign the model or throttle?

1098867906_QQ20131116122658.thumb.jpg.6bd4c3892ad0176212bc5cf0441e24e3.jpg

2015859561_QQ20131116122706.thumb.jpg.19fd15dfa24b7a5083592f0f9b9f4d0f.jpg

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I loved my X-45 and would still be using it today if the spring didn't suck on it

Apparently, the X45 mechanism was noticeably worse (cheaper) than X36. The problem with X36 USB was the lack of drivers (though, there were some 3rd party ones).

The X55 actually looks pretty decent, I just wish they'd stop cheaping out on the rotary pots and switches.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I found two pictures

Since no throttle in the trailer, I don;t know whether they are accurate or not.

just 4fun

btw, could saitek redesign the model or throttle?

Yea that matches the picture on the previous page so there's a good chance that's what it will look like.

Will be interested to find out the price of this next week

Intel i5-4670k @ 4.4 ghz | Corsair H100i | Gainward GTX 760 Phantom (overdue an upgrade) | Asus Maximus VI Gene MBoard | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | 3 x Sandisk/Crucial SSD's | Corsair AX760 PSU | Saitek X45 (ftw!)

I can see only one cable to the joystick so no FFB there.
Power cord (cable) can be plugged to the front of the joystick. And the picture does not show the front of the joystick. So .. this still could be a FF joystick.

I would say, this is a FF joystick because of those ventilation holes if that's what they are.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit