DCS World 1.2.7 Released

Yeah, the auto-updater usually has decent speeds. Unless of course you are trying to download a major update within hours or days of its release. Then you are competing with thousands upon thousands of other people for limited bandwidth.

I edited that for you, because I'm sure that's what you meant.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I change allies in the mission? I want to assign a "red" country to become "blue". I tried it in the Mission Editor, put the cursor on the country, but I can not delete or replace it...? Thanks!

See pages 62-63 of the DCS User Manual.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Looks like a new update to 1.2.7.23803.355 :thumbup:

Edited by Chazz_BMF

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

News

DCS 1.2.7 update 1 is now available

Monday, 10 February 2014

DCS 1.2.7.23803 Change Log

Multiplayer. Improved server stability.

Combined Arms. Multimonitor Setup. Compass scale will shows in right position.

A-10C. CADC will works after repair.

F-15C. TWS. Added command 'Return To Search/NDTWS'. 'Unlock TWS Target' renamed to 'Target Unlock' command.

UH-1H manual updated.

Group fails to spawn if group ID is not specified for coalition. Fixed.

Su-25T. The CCIP mark will movable in the all height of HUD.

Fixed wrong location and name of the video file after video rendering.

A-10A. Corrected cockpit shape and textures.

ATGM launchers doesn't launch second missile. Fixed.

Some minor graphics tunes.

:thumbup:

Looks like a new update to 1.2.7.23803.355 :thumbup:

Looks like the same thing that they released on Friday for the OpenBeta, which was due today.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

ED, would it be possible to add the modified files (file names) to the change log?

We cockpit builders/users are usually modifying files to get everything working with exports, MFCD ingame render ability and instruments etc.

Updates often seem to overwrite these and if one replaces them with the modified file again you miss on the change the new files came with and that obviously can have some bad results or instability sometimes.

Knowing which files are going to change on an update would help a lot to know where the painful work of editing the new files is actually necessary.

Thank you very much in Advance!

WELD

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

• ED Team
ED, would it be possible to add the modified files (file names) to the change log?

We cockpit builders/users are usually modifying files to get everything working with exports, MFCD ingame render ability and instruments etc.

Updates often seem to overwrite these and if one replaces them with the modified file again you miss on the change the new files came with and that obviously can have some bad results or instability sometimes.

Knowing which files are going to change on an update would help a lot to know where the painful work of editing the new files is actually necessary.

The list of changed files is a technical detail most users don't need. Don't think it's a good idea to clutter the changelog.

Still,

1. Changed files are backed up by the updater to _backup.xxx folder inside the game install dir.

2. You can see which files were changed by the update in autoupdate_log.txt file located in the game install dir.

Not quite exactly what you want, but pretty sufficient, imho.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

The list of changed files is a technical detail most users don't need. Don't think it's a good idea to clutter the changelog.

Still,

1. Changed files are backed up by the updater to _backup.xxx folder inside the game install dir.

2. You can see which files were changed by the update in autoupdate_log.txt file located in the game install dir.

Couldn't ask for any better. Thanks!! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Still,

Just to clarify, as I don't think it's entirely clear from your post, the only files that are backed up to _backup.xxx are files that have been modified by the user, which the updater then detects as modified, moves to the backup folder and downloads the current unmodified files.

So it doesn't backup unmodified files that the updater is updating. I believe it's recommended to disable all mods (using JSGME) before updating, so there shouldn't be any modified files for the updater to backup if doing that anyway.

I think it might be helpful if there was a separate file (eg updated_log.txt) that just listed the files that have been updated, as the autoupdate_log.txt does get a bit cluttered with MKDIR/RMDIR lines and it can be a pain to identify the Install lines amongst them.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• ED Team
Just to clarify, as I don't think it's entirely clear from your post, the only files that are backed up to _backup.xxx are files that have been modified by the user, which the updater then detects as modified, moves to the backup folder and downloads the current unmodified files.

Yes.

So it doesn't backup unmodified files that the updater is updating. I believe it's recommended to disable all mods (using JSGME) before updating, so there shouldn't be any modified files for the updater to backup if doing that anyway.

True.

I think it might be helpful if there was a separate file (eg updated_log.txt) that just listed the files that have been updated, as the autoupdate_log.txt does get a bit cluttered with MKDIR/RMDIR lines and it can be a pain to identify the Install lines amongst them.

grep INSTALL < autoupdate_log.txt > updated_log.txt

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Still,

Great info about the update and tracking of updated files procedure. I personally owe you a beer or a vodka or whatever you drink. THANK YOU!

This info should be in a sticky somewhere in my opinion.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

grep INSTALL < autoupdate_log.txt > updated_log.txt

Thanks. It's a bit of a pain having to install grep for Windows but it does the job.

I prefer to control what gets installed where, so used the portable installation, which requires the binaries and dependencies zips (just the files in bin/ from both), as well as adding the install folder to the Path, so using the install exe would have been easier of course.

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/grep.htm

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Still,

HM, indeed not exactly what I need but I think Iunderstand.

So it would be smarter maybe if I instead of modifying files make a Modman file for it so I can revert my changes before an update (hoping that the updater buys the re-copied originals).

But if one of the file's content is changed by the update it will not back it up and I won't notice and would replace it with an old and modified file afterwards which can cause problems of course..well guess we have to live with that and edit all files again each time to be save and stable.

Thank you for your response.

WELD

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Use JSGME for mod management. From what I understand, it is similar to Modman.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

New updater, Auto-update (2.3.8.55)

Version 2.3.8:

- check for updates once per 24 hours, unless forced

- fixed 'checking install..' stage taking too long on the next run after being cancelled

- fixed a case when error message could be below other windows

- reworked temp files naming, it now respects dcs_variant.txt file

- misc internal fixes

Version 2.3.7:

- repair does not install runtimes anymore, when needed, run setups manually from distr/ folder

- installing a module does not implicitly repair the rest of the game anymore

- switched to OS-provided DNS resolver:

should fix "Can't resolve hostname" errors

should fix long start when offline

New updater, Auto-update (2.3.8.55)

Thanks for the info.

Downloaded and installed successfully with ESET 7 AV/firewall in the background.

check for updates once per 24 hours, unless forced

That's a useful addition.

• Like 1

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 1 month later...

Warthog cannon flame

I didn't want to open up a new topic, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but one thing is certain, I particularly dislike. I have not flown in a while A-10C, but yesterday when I tried to shoot armor from cannon I almost blinded. A flash flame is so large that nothing can see, so please ED slightly reduce flame from cannon to see what we are aiming.

Screen_140314_004431.thumb.jpg.c02feab743020dcdc5bd3cef01e6f467.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

If this would be a common appearance, one should expect more people reporting this. So you may consider to experience some bug that seems to bother you and maybe others but not the majority.

ED doesn't have to reduce the flame. But you will have to report this in the A-10C bug sections.

I didn't want to open up a new topic, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but one thing is certain, I particularly dislike. I have not flown in a while A-10C, but yesterday when I tried to shoot armor from cannon I almost blinded. A flash flame is so large that nothing can see, so please ED slightly reduce flame from cannon to see what we are aiming.

this is not normal,

My cannon effects are no where near this size, at all.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs