DCS World 1.2.7 Released

LoL i was happy as well when in the update it stated that you could open the controller menu and options menu from in-game. So i jumped in MP and i think i tried for 15 minutes to open the control window. Than i became suspicious and got out of the game to read the forums about this. Huge disapointment that the controls are not accesible from MP in-game and only single player.

I keep asking msyelf why they make the SP different than MP. It should be exactly the same with the same features. But nooooo.. Log book not working in MP (only with mod), controls menu not working in MP.

Offcourse the SP is mostly played. Because there you have all the features. Except for the cool fights against human players that is.

Because it requires pausing the mission. Can you imagine the chaos that would occur if everyone in a MP mission could pause it at will to adjust their settings?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I assume, then, that Active Pause does not work in MP? I don't know and am curious now.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why should it require to pause the mission?? Seriously.. don't you see the advantages for new and old players. When playing any other game in MP, including flight simm's i can change the controls on the ground or mid air. Or any other graphics option.

So i don't think that reason is not valid.

What a choas would it be if i had to close Arma when playing in MP because i think anothe rkey combination is better. Or that i have to lower my graphics or view distance.

in DCs i don't even feel like changing it anymore because i get sick of booting out of 2 different applications from MP to SP back to MP. only to figure out a hour later that i actually want it configured slightly another way. Or that my frame rate drops in MP because this and that graphic option is set to high while in SP that graphic setting works great.

yes i do expirement with graphics options and control options during playing. Because that saves me alot of time.

The only time i start SP is when i have to configure options and graphics.

It's probably because of engine limitation. But if so than i find it a big design flaw.

I do not complain alot about DCS and i lived with this shortcomming from the beginning of times without any complaints. I wanted to complain.. But i was like.. Ahh they are to bussy doing other cool stuff. Than we finally get it and it's still a disapointment for me. And i see and hear for alot of others as well.

Changing controls and graphics in MP also helps with new players not being frustrated by silly stuff. And would help with reducing alot of questions in-game because they can simply go to the controls.

Most new people that jump in want to see how awesome this game is in MP. Not everybody fly's with a keychart and such.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

its not because of mission pausing its because the MP, and SP use different exes, and i assume that making the MP exe, read all the functions of SP exe, but leaving out the functions you dont need in MP, is a pretty big task, so it hasnt been done yet.

I figured it should not work as it makes sense that way, just did not know for certain. Personally, I should think testing your controls before joining someones MP server would be the most prudent course of action anyway.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why should it require to pause the mission?? Seriously.. don't you see the advantages for new and old players. When playing any other game in MP, including flight simm's i can change the controls on the ground or mid air. Or any other graphics option.

So i don't think that reason is not valid.

What a choas would it be if i had to close Arma when playing in MP because i think anothe rkey combination is better. Or that i have to lower my graphics or view distance.

in DCs i don't even feel like changing it anymore because i get sick of booting out of 2 different applications from MP to SP back to MP. only to figure out a hour later that i actually want it configured slightly another way. Or that my frame rate drops in MP because this and that graphic option is set to high while in SP that graphic setting works great.

yes i do expirement with graphics options and control options during playing. Because that saves me alot of time.

The only time i start SP is when i have to configure options and graphics.

It's probably because of engine limitation. But if so than i find it a big design flaw.

I do not complain alot about DCS and i lived with this shortcomming from the beginning of times without any complaints. I wanted to complain.. But i was like.. Ahh they are to bussy doing other cool stuff. Than we finally get it and it's still a disapointment for me. And i see and hear for alot of others as well.

Changing controls and graphics in MP also helps with new players not being frustrated by silly stuff. And would help with reducing alot of questions in-game because they can simply go to the controls.

Most new people that jump in want to see how awesome this game is in MP. Not everybody fly's with a keychart and such.

Can you imagine re-setting a clock without interrupting the clock's progress?

"GROUP STOP" and "GROUP AI ON/OFF" trigger stopped functioning at "MISSION START".

Doesn't behavior of old missions change?

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3

"GROUP STOP" and "GROUP AI ON/OFF" trigger stopped functioning at "MISSION START".

Doesn't behavior of old missions change?

Yep, that was the first thing I noticed. I believe I just ended up using the Group Activate and Visible Before Start which suited my needs but you might try using Once and Time more Than 2 if the lag spike won't be acceptable for you.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Can you imagine re-setting a clock without interrupting the clock's progress?

Sorry but this is BS. You cannot compare a clock reset with a menu where you can change controls or graphics options.

if you could than other games would not be able to implement this feature as well. You people act like it's a impossible thing while other games have it standard.

You should not be required to pause a game when changing options even in MP. That’s just by design.

I think it's annoying. But i can live with it. Already living with it since the beginning. Only felt the urge to speak up now because it was addressed in this topic.

And when playing MP i sometimes feel like changing the controls just because i feel that i made a wrong choice. Or because my game FPS is dropping with current graphics settings. And you can't test your graphics settings in SP and have the same result in MP. If i have to change options or controls now while playing in MP i just quit the game and change it next time when I’m starting a new MP session. Even when i want to continue playing i don't want to go through the hassle of quitting loading testing quit again load again test again and then in MP you figure out while playing for a couple hours that what you configured actually isn't as handy as you thought. This game is already demanding as it is. So at least make the interface and GUI more user friendly to avoid frustration as much as possible. I can’t image that this would be more work than usual.

Off course it's just a inconvenience and I think i made some good points. So i will stop arguing this.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Other autoupdate update?

Version 2.3.7:

- repair does not install runtimes anymore, when needed, run setups manually from distr/ folder

- installing a module does not implicitly repair the rest of the game anymore

- switched to OS-provided DNS resolver:

should fix "Can't resolve hostname" errors

should fix long start when offline

- use the same "DCS Updater" caption for all windows

- cache version info downloads

Version 2.3:

- update can automatically install runtimes when needed

- ask for OS restart when required by a runtime installation

- improved repair mode

- safer updates of autoupd

Because it requires pausing the mission. Can you imagine the chaos that would occur if everyone in a MP mission could pause it at will to adjust their settings?

But to be honest, the reason why it doesnt work is the way the Software is developed. Many other Games are offering the opportunity to adjust settings while beeing in a MP Mission..

It´s a leftover from the former Lock on game. It wasn´t possible there as well.

Dont understand this as a complain, its just a statement.

May be EDGE will provide a better balanced solution. If not so honestly...we got used to it and are living with this since nearly 10 years...I am still good with this :)

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

After having downloaded a gig, it's now permanently stuck and probably won't let me resume if I cancel it. You earn millions from us gamers and still won't invest in fast download servers. Shame.

Edit: Well, it did let me resume after all. At least that's nice...

Edited by fedaykin

Yeah, the auto-updater usually has decent speeds. Unless of course you are trying to download a major update within minutes of its release. Then you are competing with thousands upon thousands of other people for limited bandwidth.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.