DCS World 1.2.7 Released

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just upgraded to 1.2.7 and I must say, this has been, for me, the least painful upgrade yet! Only anomaly was 'nose wheel steering' being over-ridden by a command I've never used (or for that matter, ever heard of). But got that sorted out in record time, for this old guy...:music_whistling:

Special thanks to Sithspawn.... loving the Canadian winter skin! Thanks man...

Thanks to all at DCS, great work!

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

It's a 2 click update method and sit back.

...and watch it break your stock install. Error 0x000007b.

My DCSW no longer starts since this update and I cannot be arsed right now to figure it out.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Keep it for the next beta release?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Updated 4h after release and all stages went automated and fine.

Today upon launching DCS it has notified me there is another update, I allowed it, it did its thing, it launched GUI and I ended up with BSOD quarter of second later.

Any tries to launch Repair or game itself ends with immediate error message.

Forcing me to download full 1.2.7 setup and modules, and reinstall DCS Blackshark than DCS World and all my modules, fortunately don't need LOMAC anymore :doh:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Today upon launching DCS it has notified me there is another update, I allowed it, it did its thing, it launched GUI and I ended up with BSOD quarter of second later.

Forcing me to download full 1.2.7 setup and modules, and reinstall DCS Blackshark than DCS World and all my modules, fortunately don't need LOMAC anymore :doh:

Blue screen of death would indicate some driver or hardware problem.

You shouldn't get it just from running the game.

MSI GTX 770 2GB -> 1920x1200, MSI H97M, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB

Blue screen of death would indicate some driver or hardware problem.

You shouldn't get it just from running the game.

Negative. The update could certainly have triggered BSODs by messing with or corrupting dlls etc.

ED remains in denial, but the simple truth is they need to expand their base of beta testers. Period.

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Negative. The update could certainly have triggered BSODs by messing with or corrupting dlls etc.

ED remains in denial, but the simple truth is they need to expand their base of beta testers. Period.

Which DLLs exactly? DCS has no access to write to system DLLs.

Nate

runt vcredist_x64.exe, located inside of the /DCSWorld/distr/ folder.

They are updated runtimes required for DCS 1.2.7

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What is the new 2.4MB update after 1.2.7 update for?

What is the new 2.4MB update after 1.2.7 update for?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Are you running BitDefender anti virus software?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

It sucks if updates are messing with your install, but in a quick count on the forum I came up with about 11 people with an issue (including people with the apparent BitDefender issue). That's got to be a pretty small percentage of the overall installed base so I'm not sure how expanding the beta tester base is going to help anything.

Edited by rob10

what do you think the open beta period was? DCS Installer doesnt touch anything outside of the DCS Folder.

Post the mini dumps and I'll tell you exactly what driver caused the BS

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There have been two updates, from what I have seen, since 1.2.7 was released.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It was just a hotfix to fix the updater which wasn't running a hash check before an update.

I was surprised to see all of my mods survived the 1.2.7 update in tact. Anyone else notice that? What does it all mean?:cry:

Sounds like an upgrade bug.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

I had BSODs when running DCS after latest hotfix; and that is after autoupdater failed somehow to properly update my files.

My next big update will be Steam install, Steam engine feels more reliable.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

runt vcredist_x64.exe, located inside of the /DCSWorld/distr/ folder.

They are updated runtimes required for DCS 1.2.7

This fixed it , cheers.

I begin the update from 1.2.6, the size was 1.782 MB

Because the speed was 40 KB, at 400 MB i stopped, then one day after continue the update, but the size was 800 MB

400 + 800 = 1.200

500 MB missing, but works and in main menu i see 1.2.7 version

?