Community A-4E

Good day Gentlemen,

I am really looking forward to the mod, but did notice another discrepancy. The A-4E does not have the "Lift Spoilers" that the A-4F had. Also no nose wheel steering. For all intents and purposes, you guys are basically building an A-4F. As far as the features go, physical modeling there aren't a lot of differences, from your model either. Basically just the bent probe, and a couple antennae. I really love the extent to which you guys are modeling this, but you might want to just call her an A-4F, and then people might leave you alone asking for the proper A-4E configurations......... just a thought.

-Woog

Some A-4Es were modified with a nose wheel steering system though not all, so that discrepancy is no big deal. On a more practical level, the NWS was included because the SFM does not support differential braking.

EDIT: You asked this before and Gos gave you a response too: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2970070&postcount=152

Edited by Tirak

Good day Gentlemen,

I am really looking forward to the mod, but did notice another discrepancy. The A-4E does not have the "Lift Spoilers" that the A-4F had. Also no nose wheel steering. For all intents and purposes, you guys are basically building an A-4F. As far as the features go, physical modeling there aren't a lot of differences, from your model either. Basically just the bent probe, and a couple antennae. I really love the extent to which you guys are modeling this, but you might want to just call her an A-4F, and then people might leave you alone asking for the proper A-4E configurations......... just a thought.

-Woog

My understanding is that spoilers were retrofitted to most A-4E, per multiple sources. If you have data to prove otherwise, please share.

Nosewheel steering currently exists because it's hard-coded in the SFM and we haven't yet implemented a way to fake differential braking. We plausibly could have NWS via another AFC, however, most (all?) navy A-4s had NWS disabled because it tended to break during carrier landings.

Ultimately, and I don't want to be rude because we do enjoy engaged people, we're going to implement what we want to implement, which is a late A-4E. Yes, it winds up being very similar to an A-4F, and that's okay. Even with what we've modeled so far, people familiar with both variants should be satisfied it's not an A-4F based on some of the cockpit instrumentation.

--gos

Sorry that this was replied to before, With 51 pages of forum posts, it is hard to find those replies sometimes. Anyway I don't recall getting a notification of response from the forum. Thank you for taking the time to respond again. I understand about the SFM having nose steering standard. With what you guys have been able to accomplish, I just assumed you had progressed passed an SFM. As far as the spoilers go, I have had exactly the opposite experience as you. I have not found any info that A-4E were retrofitted.

I do not feel any of your team to be rude. I am the type of person who likes to be corrected if I have the wrong info, it means I learned something new. I understand how these ED forums can be, and I try to stay away from them for the most part. There is a lot of passion here, unfortunately Backed by opinion most of the time, and not hard facts.

I think a lot of the reason for peoples (including myself) hope for the Humpless, and bent probe options, is to bring continuity to DCS. This is a sim that at times has lacked any sort of direction. With the F-14, F-5, F/A-18, and AV-8B on the way, it seems natural to have that mid 1980's configured Scooter in game. Don't get me wrong, If I were YOU, reading this post right now, I would be frustrated by yet another person who doesn't get it. I DO get it, we all get it, you are the developers of a sweet little module, and you're going to do it the way you want to.

Thank You. I appreciate and respect the abilities your team posses to be able to create such a functional piece of artwork. -Woog

• Like 1

• ED Team

Guys, keep the thread clean for updates from the A-4 team, let them worry about all the under the hood stuff and any legal issues that might come up, not for us to discuss, and rather boring when I can see vids of their progress instead.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 3 weeks later...
Lol, hardly.

We simply don't share updates mid-month. We do answer questions though.

--gos

Which brings us to the next update, should be out in a couple days right :) ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Community A-4E: June 2017 Update

Community A-4E: June 2017 Update

Mostly smaller changes and refinements this month, as we try to polish and finish various bits of our modeling so we can put those elements behind us. As such, most of this update will be pictures of elements that are recently unwrapped and textured.

Canopy glass with some scratches:

5BcaMu0.png

Internal canopy frame:

oQ2z4f1.png

Control stick, floor and pedals:

tbenuK9.png

Added a rework of the unwrap plus spec maps to our 150 gallon fuel tanks, which greatly improves them in the 2.x engine:

NEak1bg.png

New spec maps for the Mk-4 HIPEG gun pods and the SUU-7 cluster dispenser:

idfXWQs.png

On top of those visual elements, minor fixes include:

• Fix for shrike pylon attachment visibility
  • UHF dial animation improvement
  • HSI needle animation fix
  • throttle click region improvement
  • 150 gallon fuel tank alignment fix
  • Fix morse code audio for TACAN navigation with the 2.x audio changes

Enjoy, and hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

--gos

• Like 2

:thumbup:

Splendid work lads. Have you considered applying for a 3PD licence?

This was discussed earlier on, I think perhaps in the original thread, and it was decided that they would not. Cant remember why.

Hey Gospadin, have you tried to plug in behind the S-3 yet?

We have not yet gotten air-to-air radios to work with SSM. Key binding brings up the menu, you can change channels, but we cannot yet turn the radio on. Without working radios you cannot join with a refueling aircraft, and they won't extend the refueling probe.

We haven't yet tried having a real module "bait" the S-3 to extend the drogue and let us sneak in behind it. That may work if the bait stays close enough, but I know the AI gets really picky.

--gos

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gospadin and team,

can we expect a July dev update like we got in June around the 30th ?

If no pls tease me at least with another beautiful external view screenshot :-)

cheers

Jabo09

Edited by JABO2009
  • Like 1

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version