Hey,

After a successful start-up, both by doing the startup training mission, and by starting up myself in any other mission, all cautions and advisories clear from the left DDI but 1:

MMkwPfE.png

What does that mean (advisory reset?), and how do I clear it? I asked around in my squadron as well, and they have the same message appearing.

I looked around in the NATOPS manual but couldn't seem to find anything about it.

Thanks!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Pressing FCS Reset button does not remove the caution "ADV-RSET" and there are not X's anywhere on the FCS page. But sounded like it could have worked.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I had the same thing yesterday. Pressing the FCS reset did not remove it as chrisofsweden said.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Pressing FCS Reset button does not remove the caution "ADV-RSET" and there are not X's anywhere on the FCS page. But sounded like it could have worked.

The ADV: RSET is shown due to pressing the Reset button. You press it to remove the X:s. :)

I guess the bug is the ADV being shown after that forever.

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

Already marked as a known issue. We'll look into it.

Thanks, Wags!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

ADV-RSET?

How do I clear this message? ADV-RSET

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I'd love to know what it means. Wasn't able to find it in any manuals or the internet.

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

Whatever it is, it keeps tripping the Master Caution light when I take off.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

No it’s not. I has to be something different.

Adv means advisery, so it’s not a warning which trips the master caution.

Also it’s mentioned in the natops, it means you reseted the fcs.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Whatever it is, it keeps tripping the Master Caution light when I take off.

me too... glad I looked here. Now I have an idea of what's going on.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 4 years later...

This is still an issue 4 years later...

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Last time I checked, the ADV-RSET on the left DDI was removed by selecting the BIT page on the right DDI (but I believe any DDI would do). Do that after start-up and before taxing out.

I don't know if it intended to be like that in the real aircraft though.

As a side note, you may also want to press the STOP OSB in the BIT page to stop the blinking.

Edited by Tusky

• 1 month later...

Selecting the BIT page changes nothing for me.

Running FCS BIT also doesn't change it. BTW on the FCS on the AIL line all the boxes (two left and two right) are crossed, and it says AIL OFF at the bottom of the page, but in F2 view the  ailerons seem to be working normally.

This occurred after the engine went out on the ground after landing because of a lack of fuel. After refueling and starting the engines with ground air, the status was noticed.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• BIGNEWY changed the title to ADV-RSET ?