F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

USARStarkey

F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll  

1880 members have voted

1. 1. F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

• YES. THE MIG-21 NEEDS ITS RIVAL
    • YES. Because I just want the Phantom
    • No, I don't like cool planes
    • No, I love the myriad of lame trainers and far flung planes with no historical opposition.

TOMcat....

I would love that! Even with a barely functional AI RIO

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOMcat....

We love the F-14. Really, who doesn't?

However, I think it goes without any saying how difficult building an aircraft such as the F-14 really is.

Not only is it an incredibly complex aircraft, but just the additional gameplay considerations that have to be accounted for as well: like building an AI RIO for you when you're flying Solo.

:)

I didn't "vote" because all options were "vote for my choice".

An F4 study sim would be nice of course of course, but aside from the two seater difficulties (I don't really want an AI backseater, nor do I want to have to rely on an online one either) I'd rather have the F105 thunderchief - greater variety of missions and stores (plus its a one-seat) and its a major contemporary of the MiG21.

I don't like this type of polls. No real option is given to vote. Option should be:

Yes

No

Then ask politely people to tell its opinion.

So for me the reply is yes, although I would rather see the Mig-23 Flogger (If possible the MLD, Flogger K) and after it the F-4 Phantom II (G version for me, please :) ).

Please don't make this kind of polls. This does not give a real perception of what people wants to developers, but maybe that was your intent.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

An F-4E or Mirage F1 VS MiG-23ML/MLD would be a more favorable comparison.

+1

MiG-23ML/MLD=F-4E/F

MiG-21 is a good opponent for F-5 or Mirage5.

The MiG-21 in the battle against the Phantom will be as MiG-29A against the F-15C+aim-120. Few chances and uninteresting.

+1

MiG-23ML/MLD=F-4E/F

MiG-21 is a good opponent for F-5 or Mirage5.

The MiG-21 in the battle against the Phantom will be as MiG-29A against the F-15C+aim-120. Few chances and uninteresting.

+1 For this too.

OT:

Just a few cockpit photos of the G, great photos.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=411

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I would suggest that they go and make the E modle, as it has an internal cannon like the MiGs

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

And along with that MiG-19 mod and the A-7 the razabam is making, the UH-1H, and the MI-8 we should be able to make some good Vietnam esq scenarios

Edited by Revan

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

To me the F4 Phantom is the plane of which boyhood dreams were made. As I got older the magic and charisma of this aircraft never left. I think it is a beautiful piece of engineering. And to fly one in an environment such as what DCS offers would be that boyhood dream come true. Even for this 40' something year old man!

With that I shall continue to dream and one day fly this beast in DCS!

I'm VERY interested to see what other project Leatherneck have been putting so much work into after the MiG-21.

Have they gone on record and said it's not the Phantom?

I hope they make the MiG-23 though as they have said development would only take ~6 months as 60-70% of the code from the 21 could be reused. Then we'd finally have a swing wing in DCS and more competition for the western fighters.

Personally though, I'd love to see an F-5E Tiger-ll.

That would make a great opponent for the MiG-21. After all, that was the design brief ;)

Edited by howie87

Yes, would really like to see this plane flying in DCS. There is no high quality F4 in any flightsim, except maybe for the cloud 9 in FS9, but is already out of date. I visited the Phantom Pharewell in Wittmund, germany last year, it was really impressive. Made a lot of pictures, if you decide to make the F4, drop a mail, and you can use them for making skins.

2r21xxz.jpg

Regards

The phantom is for sure and amazing plane, I think it will be a success inside squadrons, specially in multiplayer.

Guys I don't like to be inconsiderate with Leatherneck team but if Fishbed ETA is only 45 days ahead, I must say: they need to bring us the Saab 37 Viggen!!.

I think it could be possible for them, the Viggen deserves to fly in DCS fully modeled. For me best looking plane ever.

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps