F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

USARStarkey

F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll  

1880 members have voted

1. 1. F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

• YES. THE MIG-21 NEEDS ITS RIVAL
    • YES. Because I just want the Phantom
    • No, I don't like cool planes
    • No, I love the myriad of lame trainers and far flung planes with no historical opposition.

Enough of the Russian stuff. Phantom, yes please, its a no brainer. The worlds best distributor of MIG parts !!

Then a Harrier or Tornado.

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. BenQ W1070 Projector. Yamaha RXV 673 AVR, Energy Take 7.1 S.S. 100" screen, serving wench & lap dancing facilities.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can make F-4 a 2 seat plane for us to coop with our friends, then I want it.

But only if they make older missiles for F-4 to oppose MiG-21, because it is more realistic that way.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

I agree, but after MiG-23 or MiG-27....

mikoyan_gurevich_mig_27____wip_by_roen911-d6t02tl.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Worst poll ever! :)

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

I wanted a good F-4D or F-4E Simulation since I had a glimpse of them in third Wires's "Strike Fighters". The F-4 would also be a perfect equivalent to the MiG-29 and Su-27 in early 80 Scenarios and could still deliver a perfect Wild Weasel SEAD Option to Blufor with some teeth to stand it's own against Fighters in form of the F-4G while the F-4D could give us he long awaited Blufor Carrier Ops.

DCS F-4 Phantoms in a Vietnam Theater

Yes Please,

A F-4 Phantom in a Vietnam Theater placing it in a realistic environment and era!

During the Vietnam War the F-4 was used extensively - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-4_Phantom_II

Beautiful Fighter! :thumbup:

I also posted a nice list of what I see as a DCS Air Craft List................... http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2154802&postcount=6

With a DCS Global MAP similar to this......... http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r543/picturebucket7/Mixed%20Pics/WORLDMAPEXMAPLE_zpsbb9505d4.png

You select the Theater and Air Craft you want to fight in, thats keeping it realistic!thumbup.gif

Cheers,

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Yes Please,

A F-4 Phantom in a Vietnam Theater placing it in a realistic environment and era!

During the Vietnam War the F-4 was used extensively - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-4_Phantom_II

Beautiful Fighter! :thumbup:

I also posted a nice list of what I see as a DCS Air Craft List................... http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2154802&postcount=6

With a DCS Global MAP similar to this......... http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r543/picturebucket7/Mixed%20Pics/WORLDMAPEXMAPLE_zpsbb9505d4.png

You select the Theater and Air Craft you want to fight in, thats keeping it realistic!thumbup.gif

Cheers,

:beer:

it is is nice idea, although it might take a while to model the entire Earth.

maybe they should make the aircraft first.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

• 3 weeks later...

F-4 would be 'nice'. But if I may suggest. There are two other NATO aircraft of 60's and Vietnam period that would be better candidate. Those would F-8 Crusader or A-4 Skyhawk. Both are real opponents of Mig-21, both are single seat, fighter attack.Both could span three decades of versions, 60's, 70's, and early `80's. Both were used by international clients. Namely France, Brazil, and Argentina. A-4 was used by Israel against Mig-21 in '73 Yom Kippur conflict.

A-4C and M are in works by VEAO. But I agree that I would like seeing F-8 crusader too. Wouldn't say no to an additional A-4 version either.

While these two are better dogfight matches to MiG21, and if we look solely as quick to develop better matches to Fishbed I agree these are better choices. But F-4 has many additional appeals too. Great air to ground aircraft, good interceptor too, still in service in many countries, one of the first, perhaps the first aircraft to use LGBs and targeting pods. Screams multirole very loudly and is as iconic as the MiG 21.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

So, now that we know that we want an F-4, which version should be made? The: A, B, C, G, E??? I personally want the E model, the one with the internal cannon, leading edge flaps, laser designator, and all around awesomeness.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

F-4 would be insta-buy

It's a barely covered plane and from an interesting jet-generation.

But most importantly for me, it's the plane that was flown during my military service in german airforce.

That's why I d love to see the F-4F ICE Version.

Even better: A module with 2 or 3 subversions. That would be something unique :thumbup:

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Agree, Phantom is nice, but short after Su-22 ; >.

sigpic63922_1.gif

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As much as I'd LOVE an f4 phantom, multi-crew needs to be properly done to really make it worth it.

However, in the context of DCS, the GIB simply needs to direct and operate the radar (the front screen is a duplicate of the RIO's screen for reference and guidance on intercepts.

workaround for 'single player mode' If you flew it single player, a 'sensor slew' set of keys ( like on f-15/a10c, would, allow the pilot to get weapons parameters, although being able to 'check six' would be compromised.

alternatively, using the intercom (say, f8 for 'ground crew' changes to 'WSO' in the air), and directing the AI WSO's workload could perhaps also work.

I'd love the phantom to multi-crew, but if this is the reason devs are reluctant to produce the phantom, then I'd consider not having multi-crew on immediate release (as with the huey); However, I would expect a serious stab into its implementation as soon as DCSW makes it doable.

It's multi-role platform as fighter, interceptor, bomber, recon, SEAD, and naval defense aircraft, used by many nations must surely potentially bring so many flight sim fans to the brand, ED/3rd-parties have a huge oppertunity to make their fans/customer base absolutely EXPLODE.

I bought mig 21 because the allure of a cold-war legend was too good to be true - and the radar's implementation (weather, ground clutter etc) is something that in my opinion is nothing short of amazing. A faithful, high-fidelity representation of the Rhino would be an easy choice for me, and an RAF model would be an impressive bonus (though it's absence wouldn't be a dealbreaker)

The first developer to put a serious effort/announcement into an f4 phantom will get a release day purchase for me, regardless of model type. The flight data is out there, there are bound to be pilots around to help describe/test the AFM (hell, Turkey and Greece still employ them), most of the weapons are either already in DCS (sparrows and sidewinders, CBU's, Mk20s, Mavericks, Dumb/LGB's), leaving only the job of possibly adding in ARMs (-45's,78's and 88's).

The NAVOPS folks out there would love to have a NATO aircraft they can then fly Navy vs Navy attacks.

C'Mon devs! Tell us what's stopping you? Perhaps if its openly discussed you can guage whether or not your target market would buy your product missing a certain 'key' feature??