DCS: MiG-21 Screenshots

Cobra847

Hey Cobra, what is the embargo for? I am just curious.

I would imagine it has something to do with forming a proper oppinion on it. If there wasn't an embargo, every one who received a copy would, in the name of getting more viewers/readers, think "Oh shit, I have to put up something as soon as possible to be ahead of the other guys", which would most likely result in half-assed or incomplete oppinions of the product, which could result in bad oppinions of the product which would generally be bad for LN and bad for the writer/streamer as their professionalism would be dented by bringing half-formed opinions.

Having a set date where everyone can bring material and opinions on the product gives everyone a fair chance to thoroughly test the product, form a fair opinion on it's quality and write/produce a proper article/video that properly displays the merits and shortcommings.

It's sorta the same way reviewing of full video games takes place. ;)

Hey Cobra, what is the embargo for? I am just curious.

I would imagine it has something to do with forming a proper oppinion on it. If there wasn't an embargo, every one who received a copy would, in the name of getting more viewers/readers, think "Oh shit, I have to put up something as soon as possible to be ahead of the other guys", which would most likely result in half-assed or incomplete oppinions of the product, which could result in bad oppinions of the product which would generally be bad for LN and bad for the writer/streamer as their professionalism would be dented by bringing half-formed opinions.

Having a set date where everyone can bring material and opinions on the product gives everyone a fair chance to thoroughly test the product, form a fair opinion on it's quality and write/produce a proper article/video that properly displays the merits and shortcommings.

It's sorta the same way reviewing of full video games takes place. ;)

The preview builds that are going out later today are mostly for preview purposes, not for review ones, as the product may change in small ways until we release. :)

The actual main reason for the embargo is so that we can structure updates prior to the end of it as well as to make sure any potential teething issues are properly taken care of.

Also correct however; it allows for some more time for individuals to become accustomed to the aircraft. It's a very difficult aircraft to fly and fight in effectively in the end.

Cheers,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Will the MiG-21 still comes out this year?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

No way. Give it to me today and I'll upload a video of taking off, flying it, landing it later that night no problem. :D :angel:

I second that :D

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

No way. Give it to me today and I'll upload a video of taking off, flying it, landing it later that night no problem. :D :angel:

You forgot shooting missiles at the sun, ripping all of your pylons and ordinance accidentally by pulling 8G's and then killing your engine by excessive 0g flying in order to make that first landing a dead stick one. :D

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You forgot shooting missiles at the sun, ripping all of your pylons and ordinance accidentally by pulling 8G's and then killing your engine by excessive 0g flying in order to make that first landing a dead stick one. :D

can translators have a chance to get better impression and feeling of this nice bird and consequently to improve the translations? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |