One wing flyer

Yo-Yo

• ED Team

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129537

There is a poll about predicted flightpath of the plane on the photo.

It has three answers:

1. Will go down in a violent spin, because the aircraft can not fly without a wing

2. Will fly straight and land

3. I will try to make my own one and check it.

Please comment here just not to mix two languages in one thread.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

its-a-trap.jpgDoes the centre of gravity = the centre of lift by reason of a hidden weight? By looks alone it goes into a violent left roll and plunge but i'm sensing that's just way too obvious.
Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

The aileron trim on the right wing coupled with the dihedral will probably make it stable enough within a certain range of speed.

Lift is a function of velocity, but weight is not, so at higher speeds the airplane will tend to roll right, and at lower speed the airplane will tend to roll left. If the glide speed is correct, then it should fly level. Since there is more drag on the right wing, and the rudder is not trimmed properly, the airplane will tend to yaw to the right, but probably not in a "violent" way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have seen lesser planes fly astoundingly well ;)

Thumbs UP for a landing you could walk away from

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It's not really one wing though is it. Looks like it will fly, it's a wing with a weight offset to one side and it has some trim to keep it level, maybe.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Lift is a function of velocity, but weight is not, so at higher speeds the airplane will tend to roll right, and at lower speed the airplane will tend to roll left. If the glide speed is correct, then it should fly level. Since there is more drag on the right wing, and the rudder is not trimmed properly, the airplane will tend to yaw to the right, but probably not in a "violent" way.

^ i agree, it will fly straight and land

but

if the airplane aileron set is correct on the right wing to the actual glide speed then it will glide nicely

however

if the rudder set to the right (as i see) then it will glide but not straight but on a flat circle way to the right

but that airplane needs test flights - just like real ones - and after that some alignment too if it necessary :D

sign-pic4.jpg

I think it will fly straight and land.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Straight-and-land, I suspect a certain someone "trimmed" the "trim" before taking the picture. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

it'll fly reasonably straight and stable, with just a bit of wobbling around

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

It depend if it have thrust vector nozzle or not ! :D

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

That's exactly how my P-51 looked like 30 minutes ago after failed pull-out from a dive attack :D. After extensive trimming it flew in a more or less controllable manner, but emergency landing attempt ended in a fireball. Saved a track though, so I'll try to repeat it and do the "Charlie-Sheen-Hot-Shots-style" landing tomorrow.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It depends. What airspeed is this thing trimmed for (assuming positive stability)? I can fly a brick if it goes fast enough. Below certain speed, applied trim will run out of desired effect. aka roll / dive into terrain unless it picks up enough speed to re-balance self.

Cm'on Yo-Yo just throw the plane already so we can see........This curiosity is nibblin' me a whole new orifice :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

A semantic interpretation of the options

1. Will go down in a violent spin, because the aircraft can not fly without a wing

The words "violent" and "because" mask an unlikely outcome. So not option 1.

2. Will fly straight and land

Because it will land, a physical phenomenon called gravitation. Therefore this option in it's short formulation (which makes it even more likely) gives away the correct answer and flying in a straight line becomes plausible. If the mass and the energy by throwing it are both relatively high the earodynamic disturbances play a lesser role, although it will not fly far. So yes option 2

3. I will try to make my own one and check it.

This option does not relate to the question of that particular object.

Sorry for my formulation. I can't think straight in an other thread I read the word: F/A-18C and then I become neurotic.

:eek: