[W.I.P] F-15C HD Cockpit Mod

I dont think so it is compatible with FlightGear.

Nice job. Thank you!

hi c@sper,

here is a more convenient way that no need to change/modify the original texture zip file:

create a 'F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES' folder beside F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip, then copy and paste all your dds file into that folder. This method will not be impacted by update/repair. So no need jsgme

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

hi c@sper,

here is a more convenient way that no need to change/modify the original texture zip file:

create a 'F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES' folder beside F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip, then copy and paste all your dds file into that folder. This method will not be impacted by update/repair. So no need jsgme

Thank you. I have edited the post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I must say this mod is awesome :D

It even helped me gain a few FPS.

Good job casper

same here - gained 2-3 frames and every frame counts. thanks C@sper for a great work :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Hi C@SPER,

Thanks again for your great work!

Myself and I see also some other guys here, prefer the panel in the gray color it already was, and not in black.

Would you mind to release a version with gray panel as well please?

Thank you very much!

Callsign   SETUP

Hi C@SPER,

Thanks again for your great work!

Myself and I see also some other guys here, prefer the panel in the gray color it already was, and not in black.

Would you mind to release a version with gray panel as well please?

Thank you very much!

Maybe in the future.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe in the future.:)

OK...

In the mean time I just replaced one texture file with the original (F-15C_Cockpit_texture_5.dds) and the panel got the original gray again, WITH your HD work.

Cheers :thumbup:

Callsign   SETUP

I don't seem to understand how anyone would get extra frames from such a mod. How does that even work?

If it tidied up some texture layering (removed clutter of unnecessary layers, etc.) I think it could give a small FPS improvement...but I'm by no means an expert on the subject.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

There are no layers in DDS or really in any other format used in games. It might be because of better mipmap use, original textures have too few levels (another bird with texture problems is F-86... dunno if they just can't see that stuff)

Although I think that 2 FPS gain = placebo or observational error. :music_whistling:

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

C@sper, fantastic work on the F-15C cockpit! It was really fun to take the Eagle out for a spin again. Thanks a bunch!

Im looking for a way to further improve the realism of the three displays in cockpit (Weapons, Radar, RWR) For example, the green bars/net on the radar display are really sharp and kind of "flat 2D" looking. Maybe there is a way to get the illuminating feel of an old school monitor by making the green lines a bit foggy and blurry?

I fly so rarely the F15 so now I understand what was missing... is to dark/black :D

So yes... a more grayish alternative would be cool also. How about a russian blue one? :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Gray Panel texture

If you just missed it a few posts before,

Here is a solution for gray panel with C@sper's HD cockpit, replace 1 texture file with the original gray panel from ED and you're done.

At least until C@sper has time to do his version of gray panel.

It makes the looks brighter...

OK...

In the mean time I just replaced one texture file with the original (F-15C_Cockpit_texture_5.dds) and the panel got the original gray again, WITH your HD work.

Cheers :thumbup:

Callsign   SETUP

Hi, not often easy to replace dds in rar or zip file.

First extract the dds you want to replace (here original F-15C_Cockpit_texture_5) were you can find it later.

Second open the F-15C-COCKPIT-TEXTURES from the mod

878820CaptureDCS4.jpg

Third put the F-15C_Cockpit_texture_5 in the Zip file opened with your mouse

533669CaptureDCS5.jpg

Sorry for French Windows :music_whistling:

Just check Ok and it's finished :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

It is a lot easier to simply not modify the zip file in the first place. The way DCS works, if you place a folder with the same name as the zip file (without the '.zip'), in the same location/folder, then the contents of that folder are used before the files contained within the zip of the same name. Makes modding much simpler.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Hey.

Can you tell me if the release date is known?

It's been released for weeks now?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 3 weeks later...