DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you should do what the rest of us do - wait for DCSW 2.0 to arrive and see

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, of course, only posting hoping to answer me Wags or tester :music_whistling:

Regards

Brisafresca

Yes ofcourse, what i was trying to say is - they are not revealing that information on purpose at the moment.

if you want to be on the safe side , Wags and most other testers are using nVidia , it also works better for DCSW now and i highly doubt it would change any time.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the first time that I spotted a little glitch in NTTR on EDGE: When Matt is glancing over his left shoulder, the left runway seems to fade in and out. Otherwise, stunning, as usual. My excitement for DCS 2.0 open alpha is tangible. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

was wanting to ask if this area is covered in NTTR map, this area of nevada has a lot of interest to me.

i nikname it the bootleg of papoose lake.

Wags flew over Papoose lake in the latest MiG-15 video. Your boot is not as visible in DCS as it is on Google maps, but it is definitely there.

(click for screenshots from video with circled boot)

uG6XWI6.jpg

yAHP9Y7.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Watching the F-15 video

I've noticed the sound environment differs a lot. To a point for me to believe the difference doesn't come from new samples alone. Any comments? Could you guys drop us a bone regarding the planned sound improvements, please?

Speaking of sound, I am personally curious as to whether in-game background music will be a thing now. It would be pretty cool to get music like that as I am throttling up on the runway. I bring this up partly because in

video it sounded like there was video music playing over top of in-game combat music during the F-86 dogfight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speaking of sound, I am personally curious as to whether in-game background music will be a thing now. It would be pretty cool to get music like that as I am throttling up on the runway. I bring this up partly because in
video it sounded like there was video music playing over top of in-game combat music during the F-86 dogfight.

Music edited in during post producton.... I would guess...:pilotfly:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team
...it sounded like there was video music playing over top of in-game combat music during the F-86 dogfight.

Yeah, minor editing mistake from Matt there, guess he forgot that the footage displayed already had music edited in already. :D

Will DCS World 1 be Compatible with DCS World 2?

I have one simple question, will DCS World 1 aircraft work with the upcoming DCS World 2? I asking because I was thinking of buying a new DCS World Module. Thanks in advance!:):)

- Andrew

I have a question for those in the knowhow. Will there be any visibility improvements in the new engine? Wags has listed nothing specific in the notes in the OP but they could go under "improved effects". I know that certain other simulators (I shal not name them here) feature specific aditions such as enlarged dot pixels at a certain range etc. to improve pilot SA in WVR engagements. I also know that ED has so far refrained from any such enhancements in the name of realism, but is there any indication if anyting similiar to this will feature at all in DCS 2.0?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I have a question for those in the knowhow. Will there be any visibility improvements in the new engine? Wags has listed nothing specific in the notes in the OP but they could go under "improved effects". I know that certain other simulators (I shal not name them here) feature specific aditions such as enlarged dot pixels at a certain range etc. to improve pilot SA in WVR engagements. I also know that ED has so far refrained from any such enhancements in the name of realism, but is there any indication if anyting similiar to this will feature at all in DCS 2.0?

Nope not that I have read or picked up on. But I am not in the know

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I think it will be looked at after 2.0 comes out, right now we dont know what effect EDGE will have on visibility, it may improve just with the improved engine, we dont know right now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png