DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

Edit: with the F/A-18C coming we also have that option, so if they aren't able to produce a bombcat for some reason my disappointment will be tempered. I want both, but I am _really_ looking forward to the F/A-18C.

Thats mainly what has me so confused. The Hornet will have ground-attack covered, so Tomcats can do more of what they specialize in :P

Bombs = less Phoenixes. And who in their right mind wants LESS Phoenixes? :thumbup:

Thats mainly what has me so confused. The Hornet will have ground-attack covered, so Tomcats can do more of what they specialize in :P

Bombs = less Phoenixes. And who in their right mind wants LESS Phoenixes? :thumbup:

Someone posted a link in the forums (sorry I don't have a link to the link and I can't find much about it on the Googles at the moment) describing how the AIM-54 was fairly unreliable and had the nickname something like the Phoeni-bomb because it would just fall of the rail unpowered sometimes. I mean you can carry six, so one should hit I guess.

here: http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/an-elite-f-14-airman-explains-why-the-tomcat-was-so-imp-1610043625

"The bad thing about the Phoenix was it's old technology, which made it cumbersome and sometimes not function properly. It required its own cooling pump and sometimes the rocket motor wouldn't fire, making the missile fall dead off the rails. This earned it the not so glamorous nickname "Phoenie-Bomb"."

So, I guess carrying bombs means carrying less Phoenixes, but carry more Phoenixes doesn't automatically mean carrying less bombs ;)

Edited by xaoslaad

. Don't think I've ever seen so many positive posts and such excitement from any module since I started slimming..........

Cowboy10uk

How do you do it, diet?exercise? I find it very hard to lose weight, probably because I sim too much.

• Like 1

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

How do you do it, diet?exercise? I find it very hard to lose weight, probably because I sim too much.

:lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

NOTE: Due to an unexpected technical error in our website & subsequent down-time due to overloading the server, this is a limited, interim announcement.

Hey the website is back up... so... is there an even better update that we should be informed about?

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

If you do an A model then get the turkey feathers right! Remember, the Pratt & Whitney TF30 is very different engine than the GE F110-400 in both appearance and performance. I'm sure you know.

PS- Don't ruin it by connecting this mod to the movie "Top Gun." Please Don't Do It!!!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Why are people so caught-up on A-G in a Tomcat, of all planes?

Seriously, im with you on this. The F-14 was announced 1 day ago and already it seems like all anyone is talking about it is, "will it have A-G capability" and "can i drop PGMs with it?" And like you said, of all the aircraft out there, they do it with the F-14. Everyone was begging and praying for LN to do a F-14, im assuming knowing fully well that it was designed as strictly and A-A aircraft, and as soon as its announced all you read is people asking for A-G. If A-G is so important to everyone, they should have been asking for an F-15E. I find it almost hypocritical that people want a hardcore study sim of the F-14 and then they ask for A-G.

• Like 1

Seriously, im with you on this. The F-14 was announced 1 day ago and already it seems like all anyone is talking about it is, "will it have A-G capability" and "can i drop PGMs with it?"

Nope. The first half of posts if about carrier ops, but when there were no clarifications, we switched to the A-G role (with some random Top Gun stuff in between). :smartass:

I'm not that kind of guy that begs for stuff here but I have to admit that the A-G role is a very interesting feature, despite the fact that everybody knows what the main role of the F-14 was during the early days when it was brand new. I think this would've been something that LN would have looked over anyways once it's released, no doubt.

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

Seriously, im with you on this. The F-14 was announced 1 day ago and already it seems like all anyone is talking about it is, "will it have A-G capability" and "can i drop PGMs with it?" And like you said, of all the aircraft out there, they do it with the F-14. Everyone was begging and praying for LN to do a F-14, im assuming knowing fully well that it was designed as strictly and A-A aircraft, and as soon as its announced all you read is people asking for A-G. If A-G is so important to everyone, they should have been asking for an F-15E. I find it almost hypocritical that people want a hardcore study sim of the F-14 and then they ask for A-G.

People will get A-G with the Hornet.

I am glad its the F-14A as it was the most numerous produced.

Despite me being on of the "not a pound for air to ground" folks, i can understand the people that want it. Mud moving has charm and challenges of its own. And then, there is theater/campaign usage. Let's be realistic, after 1995, the F-14 community gave up their AS role for the deep strike. We may not like it, but they had to and in the process they bought 10 more years of life for their birds.

There were no more new cats built, the few in service were getting old, so turning and burning was not that high on the list of recommended activities :(. If you ask me, any campaign set from 1996 onward, should feature the F-14 in the strike role. Any campaign before it, maritime air superiority.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Lol don't forget the top gun punchlines every 2 minutes.

But that'll be only for a couple of month, people would get bored eventually.

People will never get bored of the punchlines.

*I realized I missed a golden opportunity, and I am rectifying this with this image.*

"Bullshit"

maverick.gif

Edited by DSHornet

Lol damn auto correct. However in answer to your question, im doing the slimming world plan, lost five and a half stone in a couple of years. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: