DCS World News and Q&A for 23 Aug 2015

Wags

• ED Team

DCS World News and Q&A for 23 Aug 2015

1.2.16.43180 Update: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2454890&postcount=9

List of DCS World 1/5/2.0 features:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2256929&postcount=1

Great video Wags..........

Thank you for answering my question about the Spitfire IX, much appreciated. Look forward to seeing it soon when it's a little further along in development. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Wags, can we get a clarification on that carrier, please? Does it mean that new carrier model isn't coming with the Hornet or only as a DLC? Thank you.

The question he answered was "advanced carrier operations." My assumption, which I could be wrong, is related to greater player control over the carrier. He may have simply had a different understanding of the question asked.

It was mentioned back in one of the older updates in regards to the F/A-18C that improved carrier operations, including LSO, were in the works or being looked at. These will most likely be updates to DCS W when they are ready.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

IF we decide to release a new Nimitz-class carrier as a DLC, the current carrier would still be available to all users.

Again though, this is all a theoretical answer to a question, nothing is in stone.

Thanks for the info!

So would that mean that the F/A-18C and future 3rd Party aircraft like the F-14 will be able to land on the carrier we have now?

(because, as we all know, right now that's not possible)

Thanks for the info!

So would that mean that the F/A-18C and future 3rd Party aircraft like the F-14 will be able to land on the carrier we have now?

(because, as we all know, right now that's not possible)

this is most likely the best you will get on this for now

nothing is in stone.

Thanks for the info wags.

I hope that modelling a new carrier for a carrier-based aircraft, that'll probably become your flagship product, will be quite a no-brainer and also not something requiring additional payment. Landing an expensive high-end module, in modern simulator using the latest technology, on a low-poly brick from 10 years ago is kinda ridiculous. ;)

They could do it like in Arma 3, (when u dont have Helicopters DLC u cant pilot that helicopter).

So when u dont have Carrier DLC u cant land on it cos arresting gear cable dont work for u. Or the carrier is invisible for you, or as i said there is force field than cant allow to get closer.

Thanks for the info wags.

I hope that modelling a new carrier for a carrier-based aircraft, that'll probably become your flagship product, will be quite a no-brainer and also not something requiring additional payment. Landing an expensive high-end module, in modern simulator using the latest technology, on a low-poly brick from 10 years ago is kinda ridiculous. ;)

+1

Yeah, at least a new free 3d model and a functioning arresting hooks, catapults and an LSO would be nice for the most sophisticated DCS airplane module yet.

Don't know what you'd include in a paid AI aircraft carrier, but I'd have to be pretty darn impressive to justify having no free carrier for Hornet. (the old non-functioning one from LOMAC doesn't really count)

But as long as hypothetical "Aircraft carrier DLC" is not set in stone, it's not a biggie.

Er, DCS ww2 anybody?

Seriously, please remember we paid upfront for this.

We paid Ilya, not ED. Ilya dropped the ball and ED picked up the pieces.

Work continues on DCS WWII in the background, but it's clearly not the priority. Shipping DCS 1.5 and 2 is obviously the most important next step. Beyond that, it's obviously about continuing to build up the DCS infrastructure (e.g. multiplayer in a single aircraft, ground radar, carrier ops and so forth).

There's no sense that DCS WII has been forgotten about, but it's going to be a little bit of a slow burn when balanced against the rest of the ED roadmap.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team
Er, DCS ww2 anybody?

Seriously, please remember we paid upfront for this.

We have been getting regular updates on this, just because we dont get them every video Wags does doesnt mean anything, also, I will ask you not to post the same question in multiple threads... what you should do is post a question for a future stream, maybe Matt would answer it... but we have got some pretty good Spitfire info not too long ago.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I miss a lot a brief example of the new metal effects for the Sabre in the DCS World Q&A video at youtube.

A parked Sabre next to an Albatros while taxing to the runway could be more than enough to show it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

All I heard was: New KA-50 Campaign!!!!! Whoohoo! That and the easy radio is fixed and released rudder from trim couple of months ago...

I've been flying the heck out of the Shark these last months again, and I can't get enough of it! Especially so since my skill increased considerably after trying to "master" the Huey.

Awsome!

Carrier as a potential DLC? It's got to be quite extensive then, modelling desk operations to a certain "believable" degree. Otherwise I'd have hard time convincing myself to pay $$ for the 3D model that replaces current pixel box of Carl Vinson :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Wasn´t there an update post that showed various updated Shipmodels, including a NATO carrier?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Carrier as a potential DLC? It's got to be quite extensive then, modelling desk operations to a certain "believable" degree. Otherwise I'd have hard time convincing myself to pay $$ for the 3D model that replaces current pixel box of Carl Vinson :)

I wonder what problems a carrier DLC would bring. If its just a visual DLC, no problem. But what if somebody makes a mission for F-18 or F-14 and new carreir is the base and you don't have it, so you have no functionality. I myself don't like DLCs that are base for other DLCs, and a new Carrier would be a base for two USN planes :/ Just visual change shouldn't go over 2$ I mean, there are reskins of amries for Total War games for 3$ and with new units, so I would imagine that one aircraft carrier shouldn't go over that price.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Is there a 'general' transcript of the Q&A somewhere for those of us who like to have it in a written format?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Releasing F-18C without at least reskined and working USA carrier would be a shame. I can understand that they would charge for a whole package DLC with working Naval ops, air control, radio, deck action, navigation etc. But releasing only airplane with no option to use it on carrier would be really bad. Maybe understandable for beta but not full release.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

TFC and ED aren't stupid, so don't assume they're being daft regarding a possible carrier DLC.

I'd fully expect to see a working USA carrier for the F-18 as the scenario that's been painted is Hormuz + F/A-18C + Carrier action.

Of course, "working" is in the eye of the beholder, to me I'd expect nothing more than a mobile floating airport that operates like our current ground ones, ie, no visible crew, no vehicles, no lifts etc.. just ATC, working cables, repair/rearm and the option to start on the deck. I'd expect that simply just as part of the general carrier functionality upgrade to DCS World rather than a specific DLC, essentially what we've got now with the Kuznetsov but applied to any carrier-esque vessel and without the scripted landing model.

With a DLC, I'd expect the above with a solid campaign wrapped around it rather than lots of DLC only features. Possibly a new map too as the deal sweetener. Fancy carrier ops features (ie, working lifts, hangers, crew etc) are too much of a killer feature for DCS World as a plaftorm to wrap them around a paywall, whereas campaigns are very much take it or leave it and fit perfectly as DLC.

Back on the topic of the video, was good to hear Hormuz has most of it assets actually complete and is just waiting on geographical data and the 2.0 engine upgrades to progress.

Edited by Buzzles