Pre-Purchase NEVADA Test and Training Range

KEULE

Top Gun was filmed at Naval Strike Warfare Center, Naval Air Station Fallon, on the opposite corner of the state. The Top Gun program moved to Fallon as well back in 1996.

While I'd love to see a map of the Fallon range, it doesn't provide the aesthetics that the Nellis map does. Fallon is located in a very po-dunk area. Aside from the air base, you're looking at a lot of desert.

HEY! I live here in Fallon, NV!:doh:

It's exciting to see the aircraft flying around everyday. It used to be pretty bad around here, but it's pretty nice now. The area is desolate, but the mountains and valleys used for our Navy bombing ranges provide for some great training areas!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY! I live here in Fallon, NV!:doh:

It's exciting to see the aircraft flying around everyday. It used to be pretty bad around here, but it's pretty nice now. The area is desolate, but the mountains and valleys used for our Navy bombing ranges provide for some great training areas!

I bet it is. I'm just saying its not as visually appetizing as Nellis AFB and the area surrounding it is. I'd love to see an NAS Fallon map, because I'm more of a naval aviation guy anyway and I want to know how Topgun feels.

But given priorities, I think designers' time can be used towards other projects.

A10 beta is paying off nicely now!

It sure is paying off! I had to root through 5 year old Emails and enter a support ticket to find out exactly when I purchased A10C. Thankfully it was a few months before the cutoff.

I have been playing this Sim since its beginnig. Way back then I couldn't have imagined a map/graphics engine like this at our disposal.

It is truely remarkable just how amazing DCS is.

Is anyone else planning on enabling unlimeted weapons and using the A10 to carpet bomb the strip with MK84s??? ☺

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

I'm late to the celebration, but put my pre-purchase in as well. I know what I will be doing with a lot of extra time coming up for the holidays now. Great job ED! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It sure is paying off! I had to root through 5 year old Emails and enter a support ticket to find out exactly when I purchased A10C. Thankfully it was a few months before the cutoff.

TBH I couldn't be bothered...i just pre-purchased the NTTR anyway. more $$ = more development.

We sorely need that gulf map to play out a myriad of scenarios.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Right now, I am tempted to make my first flight AI only, with a nice 'tour of the map' flight plan. Then I can just ride along with the external camera and take in the scenery.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have been playing this Sim since its beginnig. Way back then I couldn't have imagined a map/graphics engine like this at our disposal.

It is truely remarkable just how amazing DCS is.

Is anyone else planning on enabling unlimeted weapons and using the A10 to carpet bomb the strip with MK84s??? ☺

Go to the regular DCS page and login in. Select profile at the top right portion of the page and it should be listed with the date under your modules if you purchases from them. 05/10 here!

when the pre-order will be available on Steam ?

I buy my games just by steam !

No pre-order for this on Steam, but yes it will be for sale on Steam when it goes live.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:shocking:Wow,i'm surprised it's finally going to be released.Does that mean we'll get multi-crew implemented in 2.0 and everything else.And which map will we get next after it's release.:thumbup:

Good point.

It will be interesting to see which of the new features that don't make the 1.5 drop, actually make it to the 2.0 drop, given that the two releases are only planned to be a couple of months apart at this stage.

Excited to see we are almost there though. Its been a long road.

:joystick: I'm back in!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

It will be interesting to see which of the new features that don't make the 1.5 drop, actually make it to the 2.0 drop, given that the two releases are only planned to be a couple of months apart at this stage.

The answer is here

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

i am on the fence.... on the one hand i would really like to pre-order this, i LOVE desert maps in general and specifically the area around vegas and want to support ED with DCSW2.0... but the min/recom. Specs (as some others before already mentioned) worry me.

i don't fly on max settings, tuned it according to my system and am able to maintain around 45-60 (vsync limit) FPS. the most slowdowns are when i stare right into explosions or the smoke of burning vehicles...

i wonder how much the performance increases of the new engine will "even out" the much higher minumum specs, when flying over nevada (with the SAME settings - like render distance, etc)...

running a GTX660-2GB with 8GB ram on an i5 3750 (~3.8ghz)

Thankfully DCS 2.0 will be free. Im reasonably sure that the performance of the Black Sea map will be similar to Nevada so you will be able to check how it performs on your system. You will lose the pre-order discount but there is nothing stopping you from purchasing the map post release.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Anyone know If we will get gunnery ranges on the terrain? I mean with fake targets to bomb and strafe.

Also a question, the USAF sometimes train other airforces in standard procedures, tactics... Which airfields those guys use? Anyone know?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Anyone know If we will get gunnery ranges on the terrain? I mean with fake targets to bomb and strafe.

Also a question, the USAF sometimes train other airforces in standard procedures, tactics... Which airfields those guys use? Anyone know?

The all operate out of Nellis. RedFor and BlueFor just take different sides of the range for the exercises that day. Then all RTB back to Nellis for debrief and beer. The only exception to that was the "Constant Peg" operations in the '70s and '80s, which operated out of Tonopah AFB.

When I try to purchase this map, it says I have $14 credit on my account. I'm assuming those are my "credits"... Yet, it says I can't apply any of that balance to this purchase. Does anyone know why?

3. A bonus for the product does not apply if the purchase is part of a discount sale, a coupon code is used, or a product bonus has already been granted for that product.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815