SH-3 Sea King

• ED Team

Just noticed this thread, love the sea king, jumped on and off them many times when I was in the forces.

The skill of the pilots landing at night with very small clearance for the blades was awesome to watch, also had a massive static shock from one when attaching a sling load which knocked me off my feet lol

Hope this mod goes all the way :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you guys need to talk to a pilot my pal was one, famous for his Boscastle rescues he is a keen gamer too:D

Also if you need photo's I can ask at the base for permission before they are decommisioned

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you guys need to talk to a pilot my pal was one, famous for his Boscastle rescues he is a keen gamer too:D

Also if you need photo's I can ask at the base for permission before they are decommisioned

Thanks so much for your offer. If I'm not wrong your pal piloted a Westland Sea King and we are working on a Sikorsky SH-3D version. Although there are some differences between both, all help of a Sea King pilot is welcome. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again.

Helo Blade,

It is great to see someone working on this! It is a definite must have for our future carrier ops. The fact that you are doing a U.S. variant with the 5-bladed tail rotor is the best news of all. While you are at the 3d modeling stage, maybe you guys could think about another version that would be a Very welcome addition to DCS and even the NTTR map. The CH-3 Jolly Green. I can see all kinds of CSAR scenarios created involving the Jolly Greens, Huey's and the Cobra if Belsimtek ever releases that one. Similar the the EH-101, the CH-3 essentially is just a rear ramp version of the SeaKing. The Forward fuselage is the same, and depending on how build your model, could be basically just re-used with some minor modifications like the nose wheel well, and the Refueling probe. Flight performance should be almost identical as the drive train is the same.

Even if this idea is not feasible, I will be a happy customer all the same just to get the Sea King in game. Thank you guys for trying to tackle such an Iconic Helo. -Woog

1722660.thumb.jpg.a370be05965b10835254bb56e5a8f705.jpg

1484787.thumb.jpg.ed22d291ed5e4773cd8cfd80906dd5fd.jpg

1722459.thumb.jpg.4831e5579d43d9c29891cffb7eb40059.jpg

The Westland Sea Kings are very different aircraft from the Sikorsky's, I was one of the Motley's on 845 Sqn RNAS Junglie's when they moved over from Wessex 5's to the Sea Kings, great aircraft but I did not spend much time with it before moving back to our own Gazelles and Scouts.

Either way this will be a great addition, nice to see it progressing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

Some WIP images of the cockpit.

Radio panels

Panel%20central%20radios_zpsrdliz8ah.jpg

alpha_9_zpsqe3cwtfo.jpg

Breakers and overhead switch panels

alpha_10_zpsqpgjcloi.jpg

alpha_11_zpsdrnpdfgf.jpg

Helo Blade,

It is great to see someone working on this! It is a definite must have for our future carrier ops. The fact that you are doing a U.S. variant with the 5-bladed tail rotor is the best news of all. While you are at the 3d modeling stage, maybe you guys could think about another version that would be a Very welcome addition to DCS and even the NTTR map. The CH-3 Jolly Green. I can see all kinds of CSAR scenarios created involving the Jolly Greens, Huey's and the Cobra if Belsimtek ever releases that one. Similar the the EH-101, the CH-3 essentially is just a rear ramp version of the SeaKing. The Forward fuselage is the same, and depending on how build your model, could be basically just re-used with some minor modifications like the nose wheel well, and the Refueling probe. Flight performance should be almost identical as the drive train is the same.

Even if this idea is not feasible, I will be a happy customer all the same just to get the Sea King in game. Thank you guys for trying to tackle such an Iconic Helo. -Woog

Very interesting Woogie, the Jolly Green is also a legend so after we finish the Sea King we will study the development. If we could obtain the necessary info of the CH-3(manuals, contact with a pilot...etc) we could develop the CH-3 with a great part of work done.

The King goes on :thumbup:

• 2 months later...
What's the status on this project.Is it going to be fully modeled like the Huey & Mi-8 Hip.

Hi again, Happy Christmas and Happy new year soon :thumbup:. YES, we are still working on the project and YES we want to model it like the Huey and Mi-8(an ambitious target given its high quality). Sorry about the lack of updates for a long time, but we want to do it when we have significant things to show. We have a long way ahead to reach our objetive.

Thank you all for your interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh I missed this thread, It looks like a very interesting project.

Good luck and looking forward to updates.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 4 months later...
Just a heads up guys, I am a texture artist, and would love to throw some paint on her once you get the Fuselage all texture mapped. I can't wait for this bad boy! -Woog

If this project is still alive......... Unfortunately too many projects never see the light of day.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 10 months later...

picture.php?albumid=1364&pictureid=8908

picture.php?albumid=1364&pictureid=8910

I'm currently working on a Westland Seaking (combination of a ASAC Mk.7 and a Mk.48 ) for a school/rigging assignment. It's also some kind of a test for me that's why I chose the seaking.

I already moddeled a seaking cockpit in 2015/2016 (High Poly). I hope we can one day fly the Seaking in DCS.

The render of my cockpit you can find on my website:

http://www.simonvandamme.com

Sorry for my bad English.

PS:

This is not the same model as the previous SH-3 Seaking renders/print screens.

This is Stil WIP!

Edited by shifter

I'm Simon Vandamme (Shifter), a Bruges (Belgium) based Digital Arts and Entertainment student. I'm interested in High Poly 3D Moddeling, compossiting, color grading, realistic rendering and Visual Effects.

My nationality is Belgian, in my spare time I take pictures of Military aircraft and play DCS the modules I own are:

HUEY, HAWK, A10C, P51D and the F-15.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys,

Worked on a basic version of the rotor head yesterday.

picture.php?albumid=1364&pictureid=8915

picture.php?albumid=1364&pictureid=8914

• Like 1

I'm Simon Vandamme (Shifter), a Bruges (Belgium) based Digital Arts and Entertainment student. I'm interested in High Poly 3D Moddeling, compossiting, color grading, realistic rendering and Visual Effects.

My nationality is Belgian, in my spare time I take pictures of Military aircraft and play DCS the modules I own are:

HUEY, HAWK, A10C, P51D and the F-15.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, good details

I've seen the cockpit rendering on your page, you're a talented guy.:thumbup:

I really hope that this project can go on, since it's sad that most projects stops during import phase.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro