DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

For every one person who gets on here and has a crack at ED for "breaking promises", there are hundreds of us just happy that something awesome is right around the corner. I for one am happy that these guys are taking a conservative approach to this release. Thumbs up ED.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed this change to the changelog:

• New AI L-39C

Does this mean that we won't be getting the DCS: L39C initially with 1.5, or does it simply mean that since the L39C is completely new, it's not worth mentioning in the changelog?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• New AI L-39C

Does this mean that we won't be getting the DCS: L39C initially with 1.5, or does it simply mean that since the L39C is completely new, it's not worth mentioning in the changelog?

Well I can't remember that they ever had a new plane in the Patch-Notes, besides the HAWK because this was available through the VAEO Website before it was official in the game through the client installation.

So don't worry, they said with 1.5 and I think it will be in it!

I am so glad about Mustang's texture been finally embedeed in the vanilla product. Have been by any chance considered similar texturing work for buildings / roads / airfields?

Also there was no mention about the sound engine. Have been this reworked too?

@ED/Wags: should I cancel any other weekend activity/party/drink sesssion and stick to my computer ? :D :D :D

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

• New AI L-39C

sure it will, but the L-39ZA comes later.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Congratulations to the whole Team for this milestone achievement ;)

...and hey.....today also OS-X El Captitan comes for my Mac.....which am I gonna test first.....HAHA !! no doubt DeeeCeeeeeeeS!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Curious how the update will effect current missions and script...any word about that?

Nothing official but someone mentioned earlier that if a mission gets broken by an update it's as simple as loading the mission in editor then re-saving it to fix it.

Anyone got some good example of how this will look in sim? :photo:

It's shown in some of the older screenshots and in some of the cutscene like marketing videos that have been put out. I haven't seen anything that looks like depth of field in gameplay videos.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2490064&postcount=9889

Today we trying to build release version for the test. But we have a problem. Building crashes.

as i say 1 more week at least!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

The new engine will offload more of the grunt work to the GPU rather than the CPU. This is a great thing!

Well the changelog doesn't use the term "offload" as that has a specific technical meaning. What I see is a number of effects added that themselves add more demand on the GPU. Some of these effects are typically done in Directcompute in DX11, which also makes better use of the GPU.