AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait for the Harrier to be released.

If there are so many public info out there to compare, i think is logical that Razbam also has access to this info and is logical they are modelling the Harrier following that info.

If they dont and is totally wrong modelled when the Harrier is released then the Army of Realism and Perfection will release the pitches and forks with some Valyrian fire to destroy Razbam heretics.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Not especially refering to you, I think your appreciation is totally right ;) , but I hate the "BEST AIRCRAFT EVAA" statements around this post when clear mismatches with real AV-8B avionics can be seen in the shoots.

RAZBAM is going to have a thought one with the Harrier, because lot of info is public and people will use, and compare, with the real documentation, something we couldn't do with the Mirage.

Regards!

:doh:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_in_progress

SO we are judging WIP pics?

Yes, if we don't do it, then who will? Not the "OMG HARRIER, SO GREAT" army, for sure.

And I just do it because I really, really want to have a proper modelled Harrier in-game. Same as the Mirage. I don't have anything against Razbam. But I'm a bit tired of third-parties leaving half-done modules for getting new sources of revenues.

Regards!

And i agree with you.

I have the Mirage and is unfinished, but i´m enjoying it waiting until they update the module. I dont like to wait but i´m positive because i enjoy flying DCS.

When Razbam release the Harrier you can wait until some feedback is provided and then as a costumer you can decide to buy it or wait until a more complete and polished version is updated. Or even you can not buy anything else if yo dont like the Harrier status or development pace.

The difference is that i can enjoy the Mirage in his actual status KNOWING is unfinished, and i can wait. I have more than enough content inside DCS to enjoy.

Some are not able to do that so i suggest not to buy anything else until the module is mature and complete.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team

" AV-8B Harrier Thread "

please don't take this off topic

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

And I just do it because I really, really want to have a proper modelled Harrier in-game. Same as the Mirage.

Then you need to be aware they do an AV-8B N/A and maybe later add the AV-8B+.

The Harrier is something they want to look into if(!) they get the necessary data and information to model it accurate.

At least that was what RAZBAM said about the decision to model the AV-8B.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

looking very good!

have you noticed that anti aliasing is very very good, almost no jaggies, is it edited or in game?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Mmm. Very nice screenshots.

I just hope the Harrier is relatively stable on launch so we can actually fly it instead of waiting for hotfixes. Time will tell, though I think I recall Razbam stating they want to release it more feature complete than they did with the Mirage, quationmark?

DCS Finland | SF squadron

They look very good, excited for this! At least here 2.1 looks very nice. I prefer 2.1 in VR compared to the caucus map because it does not seem as blurry.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I must apologize for my posts about mobile air intakes.

I´ve thought the Harrier would have some sort of variable air intakes depending on speed, like most of other aircrafts have ( Mig-29, SI-27. F-15), and this would cause this "open" , "close" diference but this is not the case.

it´s only a perspective problem, and is very notorious. Depending on the angle, even a very little difference, make the air intakes looks fully open or almost close.

Look at the video:

The look of the air intakes seems very different taking in count the prespective.

oY7m91hLu7c

So i´m sorry for my mistake.

As mentioned, the auxiliary air doors on the outside of the intake are just hinged to open and closed under their own weight or pressure/vacuum in the intake. They are a bugger to fit.

There is a second set of doors called the boundary layer doors, which sit on the inboard section of the intake, 2 each side. These are sprung loaded closed and open to vent off excess pressure in the intake. You can see them here, vertical just behind the intake leading edge.

206224-harrier-nose-and-intake-detail.jpeg

As mentioned, the auxiliary air doors on the outside of the intake are just hinged to open and closed under their own weight or pressure/vacuum in the intake. They are a bugger to fit.

There is a second set of doors called the boundary layer doors, which sit on the inboard section of the intake, 2 each side. These are sprung loaded closed and open to vent off excess pressure in the intake. You can see them here, vertical just behind the intake leading edge.

206224-harrier-nose-and-intake-detail.jpeg

Indeed, but for clarifications purposes, that´s a Gr3

There is a second set of doors called the boundary layer doors, which sit on the inboard section of the intake, 2 each side. These are sprung loaded closed and open to vent off excess pressure in the intake. You can see them here, vertical just behind the intake leading edge. [/img]

Ex-Harrier man by chance?

Me too......happy days!

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Do we get Direct Voice Input? On the Wikipedia artice it says they tested it with the AV-8B NA.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_voice_input

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,