DCS World Updates Discussion

Wayc00lio

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dislike the adition of an improvised GPS nav system for legacy aircraft. I hope their use can be disabled by the server in mp. :mad:

Navigating with map and compass (or radio) is one of the core aspects of these aircraft.

The other news are awesome though! :thumbup:

GPS will help the noobs that are going to come from the VR scene...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Man this garmin new is suprising, not bad, just unexpected. I wonder to what extent it's going to be implemented. The realityxp version for fsx was pretty close to the real deal. Obviously DCS doesn't have nearly the same amount of airports as FSX. The garmin also can do WAAS approaches allowing for ILS like approaches into airports that have the supporting equipment.

I really dislike the adition of an improvised GPS nav system for legacy aircraft. I hope their use can be disabled by the server in mp. :mad:

Navigating with map and compass (or radio) is one of the core aspects of these aircraft.

The other news are awesome though! :thumbup:

The most logical place to put it is in the equipment section in the mission editor. Many aircraft have options for things like the instructor for the L-39, hardpoints for the UH-1 and Mi-8 and assorted other things. Putting the GPS there would allow it to be restricted server side without cluttering up the realism menu. It also allows for granting it to some aircraft but not others, which is always handy.

you guys realize a GPS unit was announced, ED however did not say it will be available for each and every airframe, nor which ones it will be available for.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

you guys realize a GPS unit was announced, ED however did not say it will be available for each and every airframe, nor which ones it will be available for.

Well, it certainly sounds like a vital addition to Digital Combat Simulator. :doh:

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

About that GPS option: I wonder if it will be an actual 3D item that will show up inside the cockpit in an realistic spot, or if it'll be a picture-in-picture overlay instead? The latter would be less desirable in my opinion...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I hope we can add the GPS system to the SU-25A.. It will make it that much better. :D

Most likely wont be for the FC3 aircraft, but one can dream and hope for a DCS version of the Su-25 so we can use it :D

Im excited to see some of the other improvements mentioned too.

So are people complaining that gps doesn't fit in combat aircraft? I'm really confused here..

I have seen plenty of su25's with garmin devices.

More things being added to this game should always be welcomed.

One step closer to that a2g radar and some real mfds...

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

So are people complaining that gps doesn't fit in combat aircraft? I'm really confused here..

+1

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Very true Will, but not all scenarios done here are intended to be modern ones. Consumer GPS units may very well be completely normal on Su-25A's today, but that wasn't the case 30 years ago when those Su-25A's were new. So having the option to restrict it would be best and as I already mentioned, we have this kind of ability in the mission editor. So placing it there just makes sense. That said, I'm not aware of any populated DCS servers that lack the self icon on the F10 map. So it's kind of a moot point anyways for the moment. But the option would still be nice.

The german Newsletter says Garmin is coming for P-51D, L-39 and Mi-8.

ED must use a very unique translator.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since we have two different sets of airport charts, for the Georgia map, which ones will the GPS say are correct?

Well, it certainly sounds like a vital addition to Digital Combat Simulator. :doh:

Remember DCS: W has not only a Combat simulator.

Specific 80s Era Russian Aircraft use Off the Shelf / Aftermaket Mounted or InDash GPU Units.

However there are multiple Aircraft in the DCS stable that are "eligible" to have Aftermarket GPU units added.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Agreed... We do use Garmins overseas (Afghan, Iraq, etc.) in some aircraft these days... It is realistic. That being said, I'm sure they will have the option for them to be equipped or not.

cocpits with gps devices:

P1880906.jpg

22368_1367799.jpg

[ame]

[/ame]

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Unless it's planned for the end of the month. I was under the impression that there was suppose to be a module release before the end of Q1. It's getting close. :)

Something like that (from a newsletter)http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter29012016.html:

In the first half of 2016, several new 3rd party aircraft modules will also be launched. These include the F-5E Tiger II by Belsimtek, the SA342 Gazelle by Polychop Simulations, and the AJS-37 Viggen by Leatherneck Simulations.

Seen barely anything on the Tiger, absolutely nothing on the Viggen and only the Gazelle looks anywhere near release. Spitfire should be mid-2016 too. Maybe we should start betting pools on missed release dates :)

Edited by OxideMako
  • Like 1

Something like that (from a newsletter)http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter29012016.html:

Seen barely anything on the Tiger, absolutely nothing on the Viggen and only the Gazelle looks anywhere near release. Spitfire should be mid-2016 too. Maybe we should start betting pools on missed release dates :)

I based my thinking on a statement made in the polychop forum. Not sure if it still hold water though...:dunno:

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Gazelle front lately (or have I missed some dev updates?).

In the OP Polychop talked about a release, if all went to plan, for Q1 2016. Well....we have just over two weeks left of that period, so I was wondering if this is still the plan or have there been delays since December when the OP was posted?

Any info gratefully received :D

Yes we announced it for Q1 -> so stay tuned ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The quarter will end before the next weekend update.

The quarter will end before the next weekend update.

Hoping for a special update between now and the end of the month my friend. If not...well we just continue to hang on and enjoy what we have. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals