Persian Gulf Map Discussion

Slipp

SOH from the Trail looks fantastic, but the newest Jests from DCS with the A-10 and F-18 are from the around Year 2000. Did this make deeper sense we get the Palm Isle there his construction was completed in 2008?

All other DCS Planes are much older from technical secrecy.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my friends and sorry for my english

If I have strait of Hormuz Map can I fly and Land on some south part of IRAN ..... kish island «Khark island ..... Bandar abbas Base ..... Booshehr Base or ...... ????? As u know we had a long war on this part of my country and it would be remind memorabilia for me .

thanks

90.000 square NM are roughly 410x410 Km.

90000 nautical mile² = 309086 km² ≈ 556x556km.

https://converticious.com/area-square_nautical_mile-to-square_kilometer

This is roughly 90.000 square NM with Dubai in the center.

Your map is, ≈ 410x410km=168100km² = 48947.5nm²

Roughly 45% to small.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

You are right.

Wrong conversion on my side. Thanks for the math. I forget the x2 thing because is square NM.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks. I look forward to flying AV-8Bs, F-14s, and F/A-18s from "Gonzo Station" (Gulf of Oman/North Arabian Sea)!

Is nowhere that big, and forget about Qatar or Barein:(

I'm actually relieved that the map is smaller; it works better from a gameplay/mission-design perspective. Besides, Doha and Manama don't hold a candle to Abu Dhabi or Dubai. :thumbup:

I'm actually relieved that the map is smaller; it works better from a gameplay/mission-design perspective. Besides, Doha and Manama don't hold a candle to Abu Dhabi or Dubai. :thumbup:

But I'm worried somehow!!!! I've seen many guys spamming aim120s in servers, I can't even imagine how terrifying would it be if we see those spamming guys flying tomcats boarding 6 Aim-54s and spamming them over a map which is mostly covered by water :noexpression::noexpression::noexpression: 5-6 of those guys in tomcats and the whole map would be a no-fly zone:lol::lol::lol::lol:

But I'm worried somehow!!!! I've seen many guys spamming aim120s in servers, I can't even imagine how terrifying would it be if we see those spamming guys flying tomcats boarding 6 Aim-54s and spamming them over a map which is mostly covered by water :noexpression::noexpression::noexpression: 5-6 of those guys in tomcats and the whole map would be a no-fly zone:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:megalol:

Well, if there's anything American air power's good for, it's a no-fly zone! :lol:

In all seriousness, one way to mitigate this issue is to do what they do in real life - implement strict regulations and rules of engagement.

For example, the F-14 rarely (as in almost never) carried more than 2 AIM-54s, due to weight issues. We can also require positive ID visually or via sensors before engagement and, in the absence of an immediate threat to oneself, have to request permission to engage. I think DCS permits such command-and-control measure to take place?

the map image of Wags is about 300*300 nm or 550*550 kilometers

attachment.php?attachmentid=171960&d=1510339586

this map lacks one of the islands, called kish island!!!!!!!!! don't know why but they hadn't worked on it as it's one of the biggest airport of Iranian territory in Persian gulf!!!! and obviously covered in this map!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=172087&stc=1&d=1510556464

1575914434_Screenshot(303).thumb.png.0099fda3f4bedc075ca669e01b2a21a1.png

:megalol:

Well, if there's anything American air power's good for, it's a no-fly zone! :lol:

In all seriousness, one way to mitigate this issue is to do what they do in real life - implement strict regulations and rules of engagement.

For example, the F-14 rarely (as in almost never) carried more than 2 AIM-54s, due to weight issues. We can also require positive ID visually or via sensors before engagement and, in the absence of an immediate threat to oneself, have to request permission to engage. I think DCS permits such command-and-control measure to take place?

No, DCS does not permit such measures. You can only limit the type of weapons available, not how many you can load on your bird. There are also absolutly no control measures for ROEs. So that will indeed be problematic on such a small and open map on public servers.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Waiting new Dynamic Campaign Servers with Primo Victoria style, different landing operations and naval battles, by the way China Ground Units coming soon. :)

china-navy_2300875b.jpg

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Ummm, what?

You mean that it's easier to create and play a mission where you can take off and hit your target within 5 minutes of flight. As opposed to actually spending time getting to the target like in real life.

You can fly a circle around this map in a Hornet without aerial refuelling, and this is an aircraft known for its short range.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

You can fly a circle around this map in a Hornet without aerial refuelling, and this is an aircraft known for its short range.

I'm worried that in MP but not only this map will be like a knife fight in a phone booth. Another point is that the map is aimed for carier operations but with the size it'll be obvious where the carier is, which won't make perspectives for its life expectency to bright.

Don't get me wrong, the screenshots show the map looking just amazing and it'll be a day one buy for me but the relative small size is an unused potential.

• Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Yeah, I wonder if making a very detailed but small map is really the right approach for a modern combat sim. For an airquake arena or helicopter sandbox it probably is, but hard to make a plausible real-life scenario with that. Especially involving carriers.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The Arabic Sea is already on the map at the East.

You can place the 5th Fleet in a point somewhere outside the strait, for example, attacking Lar AB inside Iran from a point in the sea around 900 km. This place the Hornet outside the normal combat range of 750 km, forcing one refueling In and another out in the middle of Hormuz.

This mission can be easily over 160 minutes.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Not sure where you got that 900 km, the map posted by Wags is circa 550 by 550 km, which gives about 750 km diagonal. That's within Hornet combat radius, not just from Lar but from corner to corner.

Second, Lar is not an AB, it's just a civilian airport without military facilities. To my knowledge, main Iranian airbases are outside the map area.

Of course you can still make a mission that requires aerial refuelling on that map or forcing airplanes to fly for 2 hours, but I never said that you can't. Just putting things into perspective.

Edited by some1