Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

That is something I did at the beginning at forgot about it! Thanks. Will try it out. Is that a command within DCS or is it an Oculus command?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Any tips for handling radio communications in VR? With the communications menus unmouseclickable in VR (it's a word - look it up) it's proving limiting. Is Vaicom Pro my only option?

Vaicom Pro with Voice Attack is certainly the bees knees for VR in DCS.

I would highly recommend it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Any tips for handling radio communications in VR? With the communications menus unmouseclickable in VR (it's a word - look it up) it's proving limiting. Is Vaicom Pro my only option?

Radio menu is mouseclickable May have to turn it on in settings but it works for me

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In some missions the radio menu can't be clicked by mouse while on the ground (I think it's some sort of bug). After take off it should work fine.

Not sure what's causing this, but I had this issue on more than one occasion.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

It seems to be a bug. Because if you uncheck 'use mouse' in vr settings. Then you can always click the radio menu.

Also with 'use mouse' checked. If you look straight ahead and your mouse pointer is in center or screen at the moment you open the radio menu. Then, if you move your mouse to the radio menu if will work.

Behaviour is spotty

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

In some missions the radio menu can't be clicked by mouse while on the ground (I think it's some sort of bug). After take off it should work fine.

Not sure what's causing this, but I had this issue on more than one occasion.

I am not sure this is your problem but this is what I see. When the radio menu is open and I move the mouse I see the blue cross and when I try to click on the radio menu nothing happens. if I continue to move my mouse right I will see the white dot mouse cursor, the same one I see in the menus of DCS. The white dot can select radio commands. I think this is caused by the SteamVR blue cross mouse cursor.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I am not sure this is your problem but this is what I see. When the radio menu is open and I move the mouse I see the blue cross and when I try to click on the radio menu nothing happens. if I continue to move my mouse right I will see the white dot mouse cursor, the same one I see in the menus of DCS. The white dot can select radio commands. I think this is caused by the SteamVR blue cross mouse cursor.

Mmmmm....may be DCS . I'm not on Steam , have never downloaded any Steam software and have the blue cross in the cockpit , and the white dot in the rearming menu .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Just to eliminate one of the questions:

The radio menu is only clickable with the white dot mouse cursor.

I assume you can click switches and buttons in the cockpit (with the blue/green crosshair)? If not, make sure that the DCS application is "active" (remove your headset, on your desktop click on the DCS screen with your mouse, put up your headset and try the radio menu again)

I used to fly on SteamVR only and back then I never had any issues, so that shouldn't be causing it. Later I stepped over (transferred all Steam purchases) to the stand alone version and there I did have similar issues sometimes. Still, you could try and switch over to stand alone to see if things improve for you.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just to eliminate one of the questions:

The radio menu is only clickable with the white dot mouse cursor.

I assume you can click switches and buttons in the cockpit (with the blue/green crosshair)? If not, make sure that the DCS application is "active" (remove your headset, on your desktop click on the DCS screen with your mouse, put up your headset and try the radio menu again)

I used to fly on SteamVR only and back then I never had any issues, so that shouldn't be causing it. Later I stepped over (transferred all Steam purchases) to the stand alone version and there I did have similar issues sometimes. Still, you could try and switch over to stand alone to see if things improve for you.

I have no problem, I use SteamVR because I have the Odyssey HMD. I just offered a possible cause.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

@DutchCoolHand,

Little bit of a mix up there... my fault :P

My message should have been adressed to MrShooty.. But I guess, due to inactivity here, the issue is solved already

System specs:

Hi all, I have problem with VR. DCS will crash every 20 minutes with any aircrafts. I tried reinstalling Oculus home, switching USB 3.0 port, removing fxo & metashader folders. DCS will be normal / no crash if I don't use VR.

GPU driver updated to the latest patch. So anyone here knows the solution ?

Log attached.

dcs.log-20190420-161432.zip

dcs.log-20190420-054204.zip

Hi all, I have problem with VR. DCS will crash every 20 minutes with any aircrafts. I tried reinstalling Oculus home, switching USB 3.0 port, removing fxo & metashader folders. DCS will be normal / no crash if I don't use VR.

GPU driver updated to the latest patch. So anyone here knows the solution ?

Log attached.

Make sure that Oculus Home isn’t in demo mode as that will stop any app after 20min.

So is the VR optimization update out yet? Haven't been able to get a up to date, present day verification yet, I keep seeing posts like a week or more ago mentioning it.

Not yet, Wags stated they finished the Caucasus and are working on the other maps.

All they have said is soon.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not yet, Wags stated they finished the Caucasus and are working on the other maps.

All they have said is soon.

Thank you for your response, yeah I seen his post, but that was a good week or two ago, so I just wanted to get an update, thank you.

Thank you, but Oculus Home isn't in demo mode.

If you’ve checked the setting in Oculus Home and confirmed it’s not in demo mode, then fine. But if you’re assuming it’s not in demo mode because you reinstalled it, then you really need to check.

Also, check to see if there a memory leak as that can also cause this.

If you’ve checked the setting in Oculus Home and confirmed it’s not in demo mode, then fine. But if you’re assuming it’s not in demo mode because you reinstalled it, then you really need to check.

Also, check to see if there a memory leak as that can also cause this.

Yes, I already set Page file from 5000-20000Mb, also turn off save power in all usb slots. :(

Yes, I already set Page file from 5000-20000Mb, also turn off save power in all usb slots. :(

Just set it to auto and forget about it. Unless you're using a magnetic HDD, there's no reason to physically set the page file. Even then the idea was that sequential read of a contiguous block is faster. I'm sure it was, but I never noticed the difference.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1