Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Godiwishiknew....

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Any update/ETA as to when the VR patch (50% performance increase ) will be?

2 more weeks

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is this verified?

2 weeks (tm stands for trademark) is an old flight sim community joke (since the falcon 4 times iirc)....are you new to flight sims? :D

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

It comes from when being asked when something will be ready for release or such like that, the standard response always seems to be "Two more weeks!!!".

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

It comes from when being asked when something will be ready for release or such like that, the standard response always seems to be "Two more weeks!!!".

IIRC it came from Oleg Maddox of the old Maddox Games.

"Two weeks be sure".

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Also there is "SOON™". Same basic gag, all based around the fact that devs who answer the ever persistent community question of "when" almost always live to regret it!

Although Duke Nukem took it to a WHOLE new level. :D God I loved that game.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

VR head tracking rates/speed.

Greetings All,

I've been using Oculus Rift now for some time.

One setting I cannot find is the Head Tracking Rate or Speed. When using TrackIr you can easily change the speed of head movement in the GUI but this doesn't seem to be available in the Oculus software or in the DSC World settings.

My problem is that I have a neck injury, so my head movement is limited and painful, therefore checking six is nearly impossible for me without taking my hands off the controls and moving my whole body out of position.

Has anyone been able to alter this setting yet?

Greetings All,

One setting I cannot find is the Head Tracking Rate or Speed. When using TrackIr you can easily change the speed of head movement in the GUI but this doesn't seem to be available in the Oculus software or in the DSC World settings.

My problem is that I have a neck injury, so my head movement is limited and painful, therefore checking six is nearly impossible for me without taking my hands off the controls and moving my whole body out of position.

1:1 is how it is meant to be, you're thinking of TrackIR which is different concept

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

The good news is that the 1:1 tracking offers superior spatial/situational awareness .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Greetings All,

You can’t do that in VR...you would have heavy sickness doing that.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Greetings All,

Sorry your neck hurt, you might use a rotating desk chair to help you.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Greetings All,

Hello Crayfish,

You may try to use a TrackIR in conjunction with your VR headset. I discovered last week that I could use both at the same time ; you could get the immersion thanks to the VR while benefiting the high head tracking offered by the TrackIR. No more pain for you))

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

latest Oculus update Version Number 1.37.0.240899 (1.37.0.240899) makes Performance worse. I´ve updated today, on my last Mission yesterday evening everythings was fine. Now the Frames are jumping from 15 to 45 and the View is jumping...

can anyone confirm this?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

latest Oculus update Version Number 1.37.0.240899 (1.37.0.240899) makes Performance worse. I´ve updated today, on my last Mission yesterday evening everythings was fine. Now the Frames are jumping from 15 to 45 and the View is jumping...

can anyone confirm this?

I use the beta branch of oculus, are you using beta or was this a stable update to oculus? Ill check today as it seemed like performance was alittle off last night.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

I use the beta branch of oculus, are you using beta or was this a stable update to oculus? Ill check today as it seemed like performance was alittle off last night.

stable

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

can anyone confirm this?

No change on my end with 1.37.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No adverse effects from 137 for me

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Yeah I didn't notice anything different after the update today.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).