Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

I agree with much of what you say, however Microsoft stopped supporting FSX because it didn't generate the profits necessary. So I'm not sure FSX is the best business plan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Only up to a certain point. The ATC state right now is pretty laughable, it really needs a revamp and it shouldn't be paid DLC. Same goes for the AI.

Please stay on topic. The discussion should be about the Texture DLC by Starway.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

My understanding is that it's all finished and just needs to be properly tested and integrated and something new with the copy protection worked out, so the proverbial "two weeks" actually seems like a reasonable estimate.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Textures look nice, IMHO good job here.

Despite that I think I'll pass, as I do not want DCS to become second micropayments, DLC game thus I won't support any DLC except really enormous projects.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It should be named "caucasus TEXTURE PACK dlc" because we don't buy the Caucasus map but only the new textures ! (And that would save a lot of people complaining or disappointed)

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

It should be named "caucasus TEXTURE PACK dlc" because we don't buy the Caucasus map but only the new textures ! (And that would save a lot of people complaining or disappointed)

I really doubt semantics are the issue for people.

It will cost $ 14.99 and will be available very soon!
Starway please can you tell us when this DLC is available because after to have all your screenshots and videos of Wagner I want this Mod.

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Starway please can you tell us when this DLC is available because after to have all your screenshots and videos of Wagner I want this Mod.

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Based on Wags post just 2 pages back, you're asking the wrong person.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

As a future DCS Gazelle pilot I guess I will mostly use Nevada because of the collidable trees.

Hopefully we will see also collidable trees in the caucasus map with the 2.5 update. In such a case this dlc seems to be a must have and the price is ok.

Without collidable trees I will wait for a sale.

Once its on steam ill get it for sure. Great job with this texture pack. One question though..Im running on a GTX680 2gb. Do i need a new video card to enjoy the beauty_?

Thanks!

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is some impressive work. I assume this dlc is coming to steam at some point as well. Does the creator / ED have any estimations if this will be there approximately the same time it is available to the DCS standalone? Or how much time it takes to get it on steam?

DCS Finland | SF squadron

There goes another 15 bucks :)

Joke aside, serious work and well worth the money. Good timing on the release as well, cause when Homruz comes out Caucasus will fall in interest probably.

Well this texture pack will definitely make it interesting again.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Looks great, really, but I will pass.

Absolutely nothing against Staraway, he did a tremendous job and I hope he will find his place as a 3rd party dev with something more conspicuous than just a texture pack (however astonishing that might be). A new theater maybe!

I just don't want to help small DLCs proliferate beyond a certain point. It's just my opinion, but I hate this new DLC business model that most games have now.

DCS is still a partial exception, and I'd like it to stay that way, with only really complex DLCs such as new aircraft modules or full theaters.

FSX went the DLC way, you have to spend several times the price of FSX itself to have a decent sim. I'd prefer to pay full price on a new DCS, and have a brand new sim with all the bells and whistles in one box, rather than a basic outdated software kept alive for decades by a myriad of small DLC packages, like FSX...

Just my opinion of course ;)

• Like 2

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• ED Team
Looks great, really, but I will pass.

Absolutely nothing against Staraway, he did a tremendous job and I hope he will find his place as a 3rd party dev with something more conspicuous than just a texture pack (however astonishing that might be). A new theater maybe!

I just don't want to help small DLCs proliferate beyond a certain point. It's just my opinion, but I hate this new DLC business model that most games have now.

DCS is still a partial exception, and I'd like it to stay that way, with only really complex DLCs such as new aircraft modules or full theaters.

FSX went the DLC way, you have to spend several times the price of FSX itself to have a decent sim. I'd prefer to pay full price on a new DCS, and have a brand new sim with all the bells and whistles in one box, rather than a basic outdated software kept alive for decades by a myriad of small DLC packages, like FSX...

Just my opinion of course ;)

You have obviously not read anything about this in this thread or anywhere else. ED is still updating and advancing this map in the future, for free. This is purely an option. So dont make it anything more than it is. An option if people want.

I will ask again, as I suppose people arent reading, but keep the topic on the DLC, dont bring other games into it, and ED is not abandoning their free updates and support of the Caucasus map.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Superb work here . Will buy that one for sure. Cant imagine the amount of work going in such an big makeover. Worth every penny IMHO.

Just curious:

Why is it, that with fall textures the grasslands almost always have a dull and brownish tint in sims. Where I live (middle Europe) the grass still looks fresh green as in summer. Maybe after a very hot and dry summer they colors are more washed out here and there. The leaves are the ones that get brown or even golden. Makes it for me the most colorful and contrast-rich season to fly over in RL. In (combat)sims its usually the most boring one. Still looks good here and just my two cents...

Well done Starway

Marcel

Hi, will you be selling this in the DCS shop? When?

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

This whole debate about DLCs is pretty naive and pointless. No one has to buy them, but people putting work into add ons deserve something for their time and trouble. You have a choice, so exercise that choice, and move on!

+1 :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

i apologize as i know i have posted this question more than once.. but with all the unrelated conversation that's off topic it keeps getting lost and not addressed but i think its important to anyone on MP.

----------------

Question

Are these textures/improvements on only the existing objects in there existing locations? or does it add/move/change objects. I know that in some missions a wingman may talk you onto a target based on, "Look at the 2nd street over, the in front of the third large white building"... If one player has this DLC and the other doesn't.. will both see the "large white building" in the same place to a tank placed via the mission editor? or will the two pilots see different buildings, different colors or even different town layouts...

I wanted to ask because some of the screenshots give the impression they might be different layouts and that the above talk on scenario may cause issues.... what are you thoughts. how will this DLC affect those types of situations.

For a solo player it may not matter, but it may be an important factor in the decision to buy for those that primarily do MP.

-----------------

Some people have suggested that things may be ok and that all objects stay exactly where they are and may have the same 'general look and color' but, im hoping Starway or someone who actually knows for sure could answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

i apologize as i know i have posted this question more than once.. but with all the unrelated conversation that's off topic it keeps getting lost and not addressed but i think its important to anyone on MP.

----------------

Question

Are these textures/improvements on only the existing objects in there existing locations? or does it add/move/change objects. I know that in some missions a wingman may talk you onto a target based on, "Look at the 2nd street over, the in front of the third large white building"... If one player has this DLC and the other doesn't.. will both see the "large white building" in the same place to a tank placed via the mission editor? or will the two pilots see different buildings, different colors or even different town layouts...

I wanted to ask because some of the screenshots give the impression they might be different layouts and that the above talk on scenario may cause issues.... what are you thoughts. how will this DLC affect those types of situations.

For a solo player it may not matter, but it may be an important factor in the decision to buy for those that primarily do MP.

-----------------

Some people have suggested that things may be ok and that all objects stay exactly where they are and may have the same 'general look and color' but, im hoping Starway or someone who actually knows for sure could answer.

Google "texture"