Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

will there be an easy installer/Unistaller?? Without having to reinstall using activations. Im starting to lose count how many times i have had to reinstall DCS.

It has been noted that it will be handled through the new module manager like all DCS modules, campaigns, maps, etc. so you should not have any issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
will there be an easy installer/Unistaller?? Without having to reinstall using activations. Im starting to lose count how many times i have had to reinstall DCS.

It will be through the module manager like other DLC's, if you are reinstalling a lot you might need to try and figure out what is going wrong, I have 6 or so different versions, and I rarely, if ever have to reinstall.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Anticipating

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

I will buy it! A must have.. but I'm with Sith, more snow please!

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

After we create the new protection systems for such a DLC and it has been tested.

So we should see it by this weekend!! :D :music_whistling:

53687374.jpg

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

really looking forward to this DLC,......bit of snow would be good too......;-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Impressive work. It really changes the map and improve immersion and realism, something we're all suckers for. ^^

Personally I think I'll pass though, I totally think Stairway deserves to get paid for his awesome work, but supporting paid texture packs in DCS feels like opening the door to the same type of market that FSX has where clouds, rain, weather, ATC, tree, everything is being sold as DLCs. That's not something I want to ever see in DCS. Some people are all for it, I understand and respect that, I'm not one of them.

I might get it once it gets on sale though if that happens, to support Starway.

I'd still be interested to know how that texture pack and the revised version of the Caucasus map will interact/coexist.

Kudos to Eagle Dynamics for not locking other map textures or mods (although that'd have been suicidal) to keep it fully optional.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Impressive work. It really changes the map and improve immersion and realism, something we're all suckers for. ^^

Personally I think I'll pass though, I totally think Stairway deserves to get paid for his awesome work, but supporting paid texture packs in DCS feels like opening the door to the same type of market that FSX has where clouds, rain, weather, ATC, tree, everything is being sold as DLCs. That's not something I want to ever see in DCS. Some people are all for it, I understand and respect that, I'm not one of them.

I'd still be interested to know how that texture pack and the revised version of the Caucasus map will interact/coexist.

Kudos to Eagle Dynamics for not locking other map textures or mods (although that'd have been suicidal) to keep it fully optional.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Although I tend to disagree I genuinely Thank you Vivoune for this post. You epitomized the way how one should express their opinions of other peoples hard work and in general also. Constructive and polite :thumbup:

Personally I have only limited experience in FSX but what I can gather is that if DCS far down the line comes to have an equally well thriving market, playerbase and variety of planes and other addons I cannot see the downside of it. FSX has a huge array of varying (paid and non paid) aircrafts, (paid and nonpaid) texture effects and other improvements , (paid and nonpaid) map enhancements and a lot lot more. Including a healthy live ATC network. FSX has also a user base of probably millions and it is still used even though the original developer has stopped supporting or developing it.

I can only imagine and hope that in the far future we will be able to have an equally enthusiastic group of people as the VATSIM people working as a dedicated ground force, ATC or Air Command. Ground contingent could be a part of ground attack forces with JTAC , combined with some ATC or early warning radar system operators that communicate with a live Air Command detachment to keep birds and helos flying towards their right targets and so on. Not forgetting some combination of carrier ops in there. I think some communities are already doing this sort of action intermittently on some servers.

All the while maintaining and giving the customer (almost) total freedom of installing and using either free or paid add ons.

Even if only half of what I envision comes to fruition in only half decent style I'll still be a happy camper. :pilotfly:

Just my 2cents.

Good work Starway. Amazingly beautiful