*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

I am having a lot of difficulty landing in the rough areas that are not paved.

On a paved surface it is slippy sliddy which is understandable but on the unpaved surfaces (sand and gravel) it seems to stick like glue to the ground with no slide at all which results in tipping unless you are perfectly steady when you touch the ground. It is very difficult. Anyway maybe it's just my piloting skills but I can land the huey on either surface without any problem.

I can usually get the gazelle down ok at an airport but have blackouts with gasp of breath or crash on unpaved landing spots. I think the blackouts might be from the remaining momentum from the bird not being perfectly still when it "sticks" to the ground. No real knowledge just guessing....I'll keep practicing but I thought i should mention it....

I tried some more to slide in the sand while watching via external view and it does seem to slide some on the sand. It has much more friction than sliding on the pavement. That is probably intended behavior although it makes landing much more difficult in the sand. You can feel the difference if you slide off the edge of a runway into the sand.

For me and a few others there is no turn and slip ball beneath the AI. Instead of the ball, I get a blue and brown line across the glass tube making it look like it the glass tube texture is 100% reflective.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I purchased it today and before reporting any bug just wanna say thanks a lot guys for doing such an amazing AMAZING texturing specially the interior and how it's weathered and don't know why some people complaining about how the pilots look like!! OK are you expecting Brad Pitt flying this thing :p As texturing this Gazelle is a 100% #1 here on DCS but as a flying dynamics I don't think there's a heli flying like this? I took the control of some heli's before for few hours (Not the Gazelle) and they were just like and very close to the DCS Heuy & Mi-8!! Ok here's a bug :p When I start the replay it's just giving me a different flying nothing to do with the one that I did :( Again THANKS A LOT for such an AMAZING textures :)

Is the rotor tail roll effect not implemented in the current version?

exercise8b.jpg

Maybe this is related to the inavoidable forward skidding when getting light on the skids at take off: perhaps just the force vector is 90 degrees off? :o)

1) use all loaded flares

2) land on Airport or farp

3) reload new flares

4) start an try to drop flares. That does not work.

**** „Es gibt alte Piloten und es gibt kühne Piloten, aber es gibt keine alten, kühnen Piloten.“ ****

Andre Kostolany

http://www.combatpilot.at :pilotfly:

Intel i5-3570k 4x3,4 GHz auf MSI M77 MPower, GeForce GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM DDR3-1.600, 500 GB SSD, Logitech G13 + G110, G35 Headset, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, WIN 7 HP, LG IP235P 32 Zoll 21:9,, TrackIR 5

Is the rotor tail roll effect not implemented in the current version?

exercise8b.jpg

Maybe this is related to the inavoidable forward skidding when getting light on the skids at take off: perhaps just the force vector is 90 degrees off? :o)

AFAIK the Fenestron tail rotor does not produce that effect as the rear rotor is centrally set and is not off set to the left or high on the tail boom like conventional tail rotors.

also if it did happen to have this effect it would hang to the right as main rotor spins clockwise as opposed to counter clockwise like the Huey for example.

and the Gazelle moves a lot & is skittish as hell at take off, i'd imagine even more so when it has ~40kg of gear bolted just forward of it c.o.g

(imagine trying to stand still with a couple kilo's of books stapled above your eyebrow you'd want to keep move forward too)

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Not sure if this has been posted before or if I am wrong but shouldn't the missiles spin while airborne? :)

Thought the same...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I'm sure this has been noticed, but there is no control bind in the manu for binding the 5 on the NADIR

There's a typo in the input default.lua's, 4 is used twice. Easy fix in the meantime.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Probably not, because that would damage the wire connection?

It has curved stabilizers so it's pretty obvious that it's spin-stabilized.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Bug report:

Crashed, lying on the ground on the side, rotor broken off:

The helicopter still turned on the ground, like there was a rotor attached, until the engine stopped.

On another note:

I have problems switching labels off with "LShift-F10", does anyone else have this problem?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

corroborating evidence

4) HOT3 is laser beam precise after cable is cut, allowing for pinpoint strikes far beyond the theoretical max range by aiming at a closer target and then slewing to a target much further away.

Edit: Based on trying to replay my track, however it may display correctly to others, the chopper mysteriously drops out of the sky. I think we all know the missiles are very accurate after launch but is anyone else having problems with replays?

See attached track. After system finally warms up the method is demonstrated twice and distance is confirmed by laser (4700m+, 4900m+).

Is it possible to calculate this as a random dispersion based on the stability oscillations of the missile or just the velocity vector and a slight random offset when the cable is severed? Also, I imagine the inertia is such that the cable yanking loose at the rear is not sufficient to reorient the missile? Or should that effect just completely bork the yaw/pitch of the missile?

SA342Sniper.trk

Edited by kojdog
track file is the actual new bug?

They are curved because they are folded against the missile body while they are in their launch tube.

That determines the final shape, yes, but if the missile was not spin-stabilized (and thus the stabilizers were not maintaining the spin after launch), they would have used a different design of the stabilizers (e.g. a straight one which would not spin the missile) and thus, again, the shape of the stabilizers is an obvious indication that the missile is spin-stabilized.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have problems switching labels off with "LShift-F10", does anyone else have this problem?

You have to assign it again for the Gazelle.

Thanks Platypus, somehow I managed to miss it in the key assignments.

Worked perfectly. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

2 problems

When lift on roof Gazelle doesn't touch the floor (see image, may be a DCS World 2.0 bug, don't know)

When fire a hot3 on a cold huey, friendly unit, nothing, or when fire a static vehicle (which stays on the map initialy, I didn't test if I create one with the editor) , the missile passed through in the 2 cases, without dommages.

1111578629_DCS2016-05-0514-38-30-29.thumb.jpg.7c9c25ebb002397cce9fc6aeb7e8dc4a.jpg

Note for people using the 1.5.3 openbeta french version

The Gazelle 1.5.3 openbeta version has been made available with an error regarding the french campaign missions names, ONLY FOR THE FRENCH VERSION

The files should be named CMPGaz3VF.miz instead of CMPGaz3VFR.miz (for example)

The fix should be to rename all french campaign missions to VF instead of VFR then the campaign will work, while waiting the next update.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.