Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

970,49 $. Great process so far. Thanks a lot guys!

Near the 50% of the plan in the one day! Nice.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in too...two times. I planed to give one DLC to a friend as a little present ;)

Thank you Starway!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Caucasus remains the only map that I will be using for the foreseeable future, so I am hoping for a good outcome here.

This is simply a couple of questions to help clear up what I don't quite get about this just yet. I pose these questions mostly to Starway, because he is the master of the fate of this project.

As I understand DCS, the mesh for Caucasus will eventually changed. That will occur because the 1.5 version and the 2.0 will eventually be merged.

So the move from what Starway is calling the T3 texture set will happen eventually (in a world two to three weeks from now...), so that his T3 texture will be outmoded unless the player freezes their DCS installation at the T3 texture level, and refuses the upgrade to T4.

In any case, it means that, in order for his texture set to be usable, for the long-term, it will have to be the T4 variant, right?

Consequently, he wants $3K, in cumulative donations, for that set.

What will happen to my donation if $2K level is not met?

Similarly, what will happen to my donation if he never realizes the $3K level?

t seems like the mod will no longer be usable after 1.5 and 2.0 merge, if he does not update it.

I really like his mod, and I realize that it is a result of a lot of his hard work. $10 is not too much, to me personally, for this effort, and I am not averse to paying him for his work product; the market will decide the value of his creation.

There is a lot of uncertainty and unpredictability here, which I would simply like to try to clear up for my own curiosity's sake.

Starway, I hope you succeed in this, and I hope your enthusiasm has not been dealt too harsh a blow by so much negativity surrounding your efforts to realize income from so much work.

Caucasus remains the only map that I will be using for the foreseeable future, so I am hoping for a good outcome here.

This is simply a couple of questions to help clear up what I don't quite get about this just yet. I pose these questions mostly to Starway, because he is the master of the fate of this project.

As I understand DCS, the mesh for Caucasus will eventually changed. That will occur because the 1.5 version and the 2.0 will eventually be merged.

So the move from what Starway is calling the T3 texture set will happen eventually (in a world two to three weeks from now...), so that his T3 texture will be outmoded unless the player freezes their DCS installation at the T3 texture level, and refuses the upgrade to T4.

In any case, it means that, in order for his texture set to be usable, for the long-term, it will have to be the T4 variant, right?

Consequently, he wants $3K, in cumulative donations, for that set.

What will happen to my donation if $2K level is not met?

Similarly, what will happen to my donation if he never realizes the $3K level?

t seems like the mod will no longer be usable after 1.5 and 2.0 merge, if he does not update it.

I really like his mod, and I realize that it is a result of a lot of his hard work. $10 is not too much, to me personally, for this effort, and I am not averse to paying him for his work product; the market will decide the value of his creation.

There is a lot of uncertainty and unpredictability here, which I would simply like to try to clear up for my own curiosity's sake.

Starway, I hope you succeed in this, and I hope your enthusiasm has not been dealt too harsh a blow by so much negativity surrounding your efforts to realize income from so much work.

Are you gonna die if you will donate 10 bucks? I bet not. If a hundred people will remain wondering like you then the case from T3 to T4 will not be met. C'mon people, these are only 10 bucks. I donate twice to cover also my son usage...

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Near the 50% of the plan in the one day! Nice.

Nearly 33% actually, unless you want to stop using it when 2.5 comes out. Still, a nice start.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If 10% of the people that donated to the WWII kickstarter would kick in, we would be almost there already, and we know this one will produce the desired results.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

im in as well, was going to put a bit more into the pot but it seemed to be fixed at $10.

Anyways, here is hoping..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Donated

My Computer: i7 6850K OC 4.5 GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X, on a MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon MB all watercooled w/3 pumps and outdoor cooler, 1x Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, 1x Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB, SSD 2x450GB, 6 TB HDD's, Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS, 30~165hz, Win 10 PRO 64bit.

im in as well, was going to put a bit more into the pot but it seemed to be fixed at $10.

Anyways, here is hoping..

You can always donate again. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals