Dear oculus rift cv1 users. Is it really worth it!

boedha68

Curious what are your system specs?

i have I7 4790 OC @ 4.8 Ghz water cooled. Evga gtx 1070 FTW, 16 gb Gskill extreme at 2666.

the key to good FPS in DCS is the CPU and Ram

oh forgot to mention Evga 1070 is not at defualt speed , I OC'd it +140 for GPU clock and + 300 for Memory clock

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have I7 4790 OC @ 4.8 Ghz water cooled. Evga gtx 1070 FTW, 16 gb Gskill extreme at 2666.

the key to good FPS in DCS is the CPU and Ram

oh forgot to mention Evga 1070 is not at defualt speed , I OC'd it +140 for GPU clock and + 300 for Memory clock

Ok thanks, that gives me a good idea as what to expect , my performance should be somewhat close. I know I am not going to be able to run maxed out like I am currently on my monitor.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Personally I have flat shadows on I see a very small hit but sometimes its the Aircraft shadow you spot when you are running at low level, so I find the cost worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Ok guys I finally pulled the trigger!

Placed my order this morning for the Rift and also an Inateck UBC 3.0 add in PCIe card that shows as compatible for the Rift.

It is scheduled to arrive this Thursday.

I am really looking forward to trying this puppy out!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Placed my order this morning for the Rift and also an Inateck UBC 3.0 add in PCIe card that shows as compatible for the Rift.

Don't forget to edit your sig, I am betting your Track IR will end up like mine forlorn in a cupboard:D

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Watch it!!! Sit still and be quit when you get your first experience!!! hahaha...

I was overwhelmed and the next words came out of my mouth... "Jezus Christ".:D

So prepare yourself.. :music_whistling:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Don't forget to edit your sig, I am betting your Track IR will end up like mine forlorn in a cupboard:D

Lol will do, I am sure hoping that is the case! I have loved TIR for many years and always could not imagine flying without it, really looking forward to the next step in technology.

Don B

Keep in mind when you get your rift, despite being able to get by with 45fps with asw, it actually make a huge difference if you are getting 90fps so be willing to dial back your graphics to achieve this. It's definitely worth it. And above all else, enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Keep in mind when you get your rift, despite being able to get by with 45fps with asw, it actually make a huge difference if you are getting 90fps so be willing to dial back your graphics to achieve this. It's definitely worth it. And above all else, enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Will do, thanks for the tips! Yeah I know I am neither going to be able to run all maxed out like I am now, or getting the great framerates I am now, so I will be expecting that.

Both the PCIe USB 3.0 card and Rift are scheduled to arrive sometime tomorrow - so looking forward to getting the thing hooked up. Really glad I ran the Occulus checker and found my ASMedia USB 3.0 onboard ports were incompatible, or known to cause issues.

Another nice thing for me will be where my desk is positioned I get some sun glare through the window blinds in front of me that tends to interfere with my Track IR, guess that won't be a problem now either. I am going to miss however being able to keep an eye on my monitoring software I have displayed on my second monitor and in my keyboard LCD. But I am betting may not miss it all that bad lol.

Don B

Also dburne, some things that may help you out a bit tomorrow.

The Inateck USB card I got, I also purchased a separate power lead (a 4 pin Molex to SATA power cable) to power the card as the ones supplied were too short for my installation, about 5" long and they wouldn't reach the plug I planned to connect to that came out the power supply in the PC. You may not need this if your power supply is near where you are going to put your card. Just bear in mind the supplied cables are not very long.

The Inateck card I got had a Fresco Logic chip on it. I didn't use the drivers that came with the card. I went to the Fresco Logic site and downloaded the drivers from there. Here's the link :-

https://support.frescologic.com/portal/home

I had the FL1100 chip on my card so used the v3.6.9.0a driver. It's listed on the right of the page under Downloads in the above link. It worked ok for me. Otherwise the set up was straight forward. I'm no PC expert but this is what I did and all was ok.

Hope this helps you get set up real quick tomorrow.

Have a blast with your new Rift buddy. The Spitfire in the Rift will blow you away!! :)

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Hope this helps you get set up real quick tomorrow.

Have a blast with your new Rift buddy. The Spitfire in the Rift will blow you away!! :)

Thanks so much Bart!

I am sure that will definitely help me out and gets me pointed in the right direction, I really appreciate it.

I am so looking forward to flying the Spit with the Rift!

Don B

Gents, reading your thread is very dangerous! Now I want an Oculus rift too, dam it :doh:

I started a thread for my therefore needed new system:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3014191#post3014191

Please have a look and share your thoughts...

Cheers,

MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Gents, reading your thread is very dangerous! Now I want an Oculus rift too, dam it :doh:

Tell me about it - this thread is the reason I have one out for delivery today LOL. It is amazing how much hardware I have purchased as a result of reading these forums!

I just hope I can get the add in USB 3.0 card installed without much grief when it arrives as well... kind of dreading that part.

Of course my luck it probably won't arrive until the very end of the day.

Don B

Of course my luck it probably won't arrive until the very end of the day.

Lol. Mine arrived 4 days after the rift due to the Christmas holiday delay on deliveries!!! You can imagine what hyped up mess I was in!! Lol.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Lol. Mine arrived 4 days after the rift due to the Christmas holiday delay on deliveries!!! You can imagine what hyped up mess I was in!! Lol.

:doh: ye-gads, at least both my Rift and the Card are showing to be delivered today. It is times like this I am so glad I am now retired! :thumbup:

Don B

Finally Oculus Rift ordered :thumbup: delivery prolly 2 weeks or so, doesn't matter I'm on secondment for about 4 more weeks anyway,.. pifft

And I'm already getting DCS withdrawal pangs. I need :helpsmilie:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Keep checking this thread for Don B's impressions, I wonder if the postie's late:pilotfly:

LOL not here yet, going to be running out for a while this afternoon so will probably be later today before I even get my hands on it - then have to get that card installed. May be tomorrow before get a chance to even try it.

Don B

Holy ****ing shit is all i can say, i just got my Vive today and its pretty front heavy so ille be returning it for a Rift later. I just had my insides turned upside down in the Huey so im out of VR a while haha!

Not even in my wildest dreams could i have imagined how good it was!

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

The Inateck USB card I got, I also purchased a separate power lead (a 4 pin Molex to SATA power cable) to power the card as the ones supplied were too short for my installation, about 5" long and they wouldn't reach the plug I planned to connect to that came out the power supply in the PC.

I'm in exactly the same boat and am trying to find a long molex to sata cable.

Could you say how long a cable did you find and from where please?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Holy ****ing shit is all i can say, i just got my Vive today and its pretty front heavy so ille be returning it for a Rift later. I just had my insides turned upside down in the Huey so im out of VR a while haha!

LOL !!!!!

I felt the same way the first time I flew the Gazelle with the rift!

My stomach turned upside down during a "unplanned" maneuver!:D

Green color fits this perfectly!

I can never go back to 2D again!:)

Don't wait till the next gen comes out!

Have fun today!

ps: There is more to do in VR than JUST fly aircraft!

Try this, Set up a mission so ai bombers, your choice, are tasked to bomb a airfield runway.

Now spawn on said runway in the aircraft of your choice.

Get out of aircraft, (I have a chair next to me for this) and sit or stand.

Watch the show!

Four bombers is quite spectacular!

I have died many times this way!!!!!:megalol:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Alright, finally it has arrived!

Both the Rift and the Inatek USB 3.0 card were delivered here about a half hour ago.

I have a bit of a busy day tomorrow, but hopefully I will be able to get everything hooked up at some point during the day. Hoping I don't find myself needing another cable or something.

Maybe here soon I will be able to report back on my impressions!

Don B