**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

Do I get this right, I have to manualy update my client to an (unstable?) Beta (?) version in order to be able to download the module? Is the beta client (1.5.6?) fully compatible with the other versions? I had hoped for a smooth module manager download using the curent (non beta?) launcher version.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, I am a noob.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I get this right, I have to manualy update my client to an (unstable?) Beta (?) version in order to be able to download the module? Is the beta client (1.5.6?) fully compatible with the other versions? I had hoped for a smooth module manager download using the curent (non beta?) launcher version.

Since the Viggen will bring with it some new functionality in the mission editor and other places it makes sense to first release this update as a beta in a separate branch. The Viggen itself is also in early access so to me it makes sense to release it for the beta branch first (i know some people do no agree with me on this...) The beta client is rarely more unstable than the "stable" release is.

You can easily convert your current stable release to the open beta branch without downloading any additional files. Instructions can be found in several places earlier in this thread. People are really making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

You either have to wait (aprox. 1 week) for the Viggen to be released for the stable release branch OR convert your DCS installation to the beta branch using the automatic updater OR manually download the beta version and install it in parallel to the stable release branch, so that you have both. It's up to you what you prefer.

If you just want to convert your current DCS installation to the beta branch you just have to open the windows CMD, navigate to the DCS World\bin folder and enter this:

dcs_updater.exe update @openbeta
More information can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

It's really not a big deal ;)

The beta branch is not really unstable, it just recieves updates a bit earlier than the stable release branch. It is compatible with the stable release branch at the moment, because both branches are on the same version (1.5.5) but that will change later today when the beta branch will update to 1.5.6. The stable release branch should follow about a week later.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Info from "known issues" thread, about messed up cockpit lighting in the whole game, indicates that apart from new ME functionalities 1.5.6 will bring some gfx renderer changes with unforseen problems arising. Big patch with new features - more issues coming. I wouldn't count on patch going "stable" in just one week. I expect two at least. So LuftStriegler, If You really want to fly the Viggen today, switching the client OpenBeta is the way (or better, having a second, separate install for it, just to be safe).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Is it out yet ?? my fingers are itching ...:joystick::pilotfly:

No...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess, a campaign isn´t included today...? Any infos about that?

Yes, you guess correct:

[..]

Several campaigns and missions including:

- Caucasus campaign*

- Mini NTTR DACT campaign*

- Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.*

- Instant action and single player missions.

* may not be available in early access.

[..]

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2994527&postcount=63

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

When will be Viggen avalabile for DCS 2.0 ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• ED Team
When will be Viggen avalabile for DCS 2.0 ?

most likely in the next DCS 2.0 update, date and time currently unknown

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wait, what?! I have to download the Beta for this? :chair:

Just kidding, I have stable, alpha and beta installed although I never use stable. Module looks fantastic, can't wait to take it for a spin, literally. :joystick:

I was just about to post an answer.. but then I saw your spoiler.. lol :D

• ED Team

something to note from the change log

today we release DCS 1.5.6 into Open Beta only. The public version of DCS 1.5 will get this update with one week if there will not any showstopper bugs.

so good news all around

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Viggen release: i don't understand

Reading today's post for 1.5.6 update i don't understand if i have to install the beta for flying the Viggen and waiting another week for regular release, or if the Viggen will be released in regular version also.

Thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden