what is DCS: NS430

Abburo

$15 for a high fidelity system doesn't seem bad at all, as long as one buy covers multiple planes.

DLC is not evil. Paying for work done only makes sense as long as the price is reasonable. This also isn't a part that was broken off an aircraft and sold separately. Even if it was, and things ended up being sold separately, would it matter if the final cost came out to be the same? The F-18 is said to be the most expensive module yet. It's not a direct comparison, but adding complex additions to older modules and charging for it seems very reasonable.

This has me a bit excited for future civil aviation projects along with the potential military uses.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I am also interested in finding out if the WAAS is going to be implemented, as well as weather or not the VHF Comm and NAV radios will also interface with the system. And if WAAS is implemented can we also assume that airports in the region will also have RNAV, GPS, and/or GNSS approaches modeled?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

For the people who are sceptical and have doubts, just realize that this is a BST addon. And when exactly has BST not delivered? Have some trust, give these guys a little cash if you have some to spare, enjoy their product and give them morale to keep doing what they do.

I bought it and I must say, its an amazing little tool and I cant wait for it to get better and come to other modules.

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

For the people who are sceptical and have doubts, just realize that this is a BST addon. And when exactly has BST not delivered? Have some trust, give these guys a little cash if you have some to spare, enjoy their product and give them morale to keep doing what they do.

I bought it and I must say, its an amazing little tool and I cant wait for it to get better and come to other modules.

It's not the quality of the module that's in question here, It's more so everything else.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the quality of the module that's in question here, It's more so everything else.

Well that depends on the vision and expectations you have for and from this game. By the way, everything in life costs money, life is expensive ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• ED Team

We get it, you don't like it, others do and want to show their support.

Is there any need to keep going on? it wont change anything, the GPS module is in early access and more details are to come.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I need this for L-39 ASAP! I also need bugfixes for L-39, but GPS... definitely! :P
Yeahh... this is mounted in a real l-39 :)

So no problem for this gps i think :pe09ba4964eea3d630ed3e1586748425f.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Well, many people have been eagerly waiting for this neat piece of equipment since it's been shown as a WIP a couple of months ago, so I think most of them are happy that it's finally here.

However, I agree with some1, it IS the most what-the-hell-release ED has done so far (BST-product or not, it's irrelevant in this context). Nobody knows how much they really charge for it - after all the extra-vague description doesn't explain the pricing policy when the thing will be made compatible with other modules and that is THE information which makes or breaks the deal for many customers here. Such an aspect should be clarified straight from the get-go (and in all previous module releases - it was).

Sure we can (and in my opinion - we should) wait to find out more about it, but still - no info on BST site, no subforum anywhere here, description on the shop site yields more questions than answers and even the Community Manager doesn't seem to know what'g going on (apart from "latest news" on who made the product, I'll give you that!). Isn't it just grand :D.

• Like 3

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I am also interested in finding out if the WAAS is going to be implemented, as well as weather or not the VHF Comm and NAV radios will also interface with the system. And if WAAS is implemented can we also assume that airports in the region will also have RNAV, GPS, and/or GNSS approaches modeled?

If WAAS is the only SBAS supported in the 430 it won't do you any good in Normandy or Georgia.

Sooooo, does this mean it may breathe new life into the Mig21?

Hell, can we mount it on the F86 even ;)

oh EDgod hear you pls.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Just goes to show, you can't please everyone! The negativity on this forum because the devs want paid for work carried out is unbelievable. You don't want it? Easy, don't buy it. It's an add on for an existing module. If you drive the Mi-8, you'll probably buy it with no complaints. If you don't even own the Mi-8 module then, in my opinion, you can't/shouldn't complain. I will be buying it that's for sure.

Oh, I ain't no "fanboy".. I'm not overly impressed with the ED updates... but,let's be honest, it's better to hear about a AIRCRAFT nav impliment (that can only better the sim) than updated trains!

Peace out!

Chopper...

• Like 1

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

:thumbup: +1

Used a few bonus points and bought it (Same price of 2 pints of Guinness!)

At first glance it looks very good in VR and is easily read without the zoom with my rig....

Looks way better in VR than 2D (just my opinion) and will be an interesting and appealing add-on for those who enjoy flying the Mi-8 FM which, to me is superb..

Looking good BST.... Great add on in my view... keep 'em coming..... hopefully it may be in the Mi-24 too somewhere :)

SIGBLOCK.png

Because people working on a GPS system, aren't needed for what is needed to get 2.5 out the door. And they are BST people, not ED people.

BST - NS430

ED - 2.5 and DCS World

Can you ask someone from BST to verify this, considering a BST dev has explicitely said just two months ago, that the Garmin wasnt a BST product :huh:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3184255&postcount=866

• Like 1

15$ for a GNS that works on a bunch of modules would be a very reasonable price, no argument. I know that thing from Xplane and it's really a wonderful tool and having that in a bunch of modules would be great. (Looking at all other BST modules, WW2 stuff etc. <3)

It's just that it's unclear to all of us if it is 15$ for only Mi8 and we have to expect the extra pay for different modules too, or if we might expect it to see in other modules at all.

Asking that is not negative and seeing as it is live in the shop first, it's weird to get told by people to wait for friday news to tell us what exactly we are buying.

As of yet I am not outraged or anything, just confused. =)

Generally there has been a lot of feature/wish requests to update older modules (even for paid DLC), like an upgrade for a newer suite A-10C as an example. Putting the garmin in context with this I think we are all open to the idea but just want to know what we are getting here and what pricing model for future similar avionics ugprades is.

And to make it clear, I really really want it and for a bunch of different modules =)

Edited by ApoNOOB
  • Like 1

Can you ask someone from BST to verify this, considering a BST dev has explicitely said just two months ago, that the Garmin wasnt a BST product :huh:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3184255&postcount=866

See for yourself.

Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4bvDsn8W_PlSVd0V3BZekFGWVU/view

d01cc1ab8b38cb356882c3ec5fba90b0.png

Erich Fromm