VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

The last Open Beta update made it so the VR mod's shadows.hlsl (Bazar/shaders/deferred/) causes black trees. Just delete this file out of the mod.

I use the 'Lite' version so other files from the main VR mod may also cause issues at this point. You can try searching for the 'Lite' version, deleting the shadows.hlsl from that, and then proceeding.

As has been said before, I would love to see a mod that just restricted the rendering area in VR. This current mod has too many visual issues for me. Surely, that can't be too hard to do.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. It improves performance across the board, not just for VR.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

just tried this mod with my Pimax 5k+,

good performance overall, except i have noticed some bizarre artifacts at the very edges on both eyes (left & right extreme edges side) i presume this mod was tailored for vive & oculus and when using this mod on the pimax5k due to its larger FOV, it shows something that shouldn't be there.. i think for pimax this mod needs some better tweaking. but it isnt a big deal and it works.

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

I've gone back to my rift...for the life of me I can't get a good image in the Pimax, and I've tried pretty much every suggestion out there. I feel like I'm wearing my wife's glasses everytime I put the headset on

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just tried this mod with my Pimax 5k+,

good performance overall, except i have noticed some bizarre artifacts at the very edges on both eyes (left & right extreme edges side) i presume this mod was tailored for vive & oculus and when using this mod on the pimax5k due to its larger FOV, it shows something that shouldn't be there.. i think for pimax this mod needs some better tweaking. but it isnt a big deal and it works.

Is the Pimax 5k worth the upgrade from the Rift?

Go back to the first page and follow the instructions for changing the Masksize

-------------------------------------------------------------

* This optimization does not work with planes which do not use the glass shader for the canopy glass. For example the A10C and Hawk. It works at least with the Hornet, Harrier and Viggen.

** If you see an area around your peripheral vision rendered incorrectly open Bazar\shaders\deferred\_HMD.hlsl and increase the MASKSIZE value. The default is optimized for HTC Vive.

*** You can also adjust MSAA_MASKSIZE value from above file, which is the size of the area onto which MSAA is applied when it is enabled. Default is a very small area in the middle of the view.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I am using for my 5k+

#define ENABLE_MASK 1

#define MASKSIZE 0.750f

Edited by DDSSTT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

With the most recent patch to the open beta, I get weird effects using this mod. It happens in the UI and all cockpits. When I look down ~30 degrees or so, all the textures change to a different resolution, they almost seem faded, and my frame rate drop. Also the only way to fix it is a do a fresh install (which after doing that a second time, am going to run multiple installs :) )

Edited by Chandawg
added add't details

| CyperPower PC | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4 GHz | 64Gb DDR4 3200 MHz | Radeon RX 5700 8Gb | 32" Samsung Curve| Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T160000 HOTAS + Rudder Pedals | Windows 10-64 |

I've gone back to my rift...for the life of me I can't get a good image in the Pimax, and I've tried pretty much every suggestion out there. I feel like I'm wearing my wife's glasses everytime I put the headset on

sorry to hear that, because to me the upgrade from a vive to the pimax5k was a huge difference and definitely like night and day! maybe you should clean up your dcs installation and start off with default settings, same applies to the pimaxtool & steam vr, in my case i use 30% resolution in steam vr, large fov and 1.0X setting in the pimaxtool and everything looks and runs silky smooth (well almost, except in some heavily loaded situations like on the AO server etc) but still, the performance is more than acceptable and very much flyable and enjoyable.

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

Per a video by Sweviver, I disabled the masksize feature and it seemed to help, but not completely eliminate stuff on the edges...but Its not even noticed unless you look for it...

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Very true, without at least one lighthouse tracker, you have no forward,back movement...the entire view moves back and forth. One tracker solved that. My question is...strictly for Dcsworld simming, is there any value in getting a second tracker?

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Very true, without at least one lighthouse tracker, you have no forward,back movement...the entire view moves back and forth. One tracker solved that. My question is...strictly for Dcsworld simming, is there any value in getting a second tracker?

Absolutely not.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Yes, for me the mod doesn’t seem to improve my vr experience with my Acer WMR.

But it seems to be only with the F14. I tried with the M2000C and I kept good frame rate using the mod

Edit : finally this seems to be broken with M2000C and others modules...

Edited by Kariyann71

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

I run 2 trackers, just to make sure I don't have any drops in coverage when I'm craning my head around ect... I have one kind of infront of my caddy corner and another behind me doing the same. although I still get little drops every no and again when my chair gets in the way while I'm trying to look behind me. I would say 2 light house trackers is the minimum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

You should sight the trackers above your head pointing down. Then your seat won’t get in the way and you won’t get any drops.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have uninstalled, repaired game, but can not get rid of the the shaders that the mod changed. In the HMD, when I look down a lot of the textures get washed out, it is really bad at night, and my FPS take a dump. Anyone know a trick to get the mod to uninstall?

| CyperPower PC | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4 GHz | 64Gb DDR4 3200 MHz | Radeon RX 5700 8Gb | 32" Samsung Curve| Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T160000 HOTAS + Rudder Pedals | Windows 10-64 |

I have uninstalled, repaired game, but can not get rid of the the shaders that the mod changed. In the HMD, when I look down a lot of the textures get washed out, it is really bad at night, and my FPS take a dump. Anyone know a trick to get the mod to uninstall?

1) uninstall the mod via your mod manager, e.g. OvGME

2) restore or rename the folders that you changed in the Terrain folders, e.g. C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs

3) delete the contents of the fxo and metashaders2 folders in C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

4) do a repair, just in case.

It should now be gone!

Hi all, after the latest round of updates, I cannot get the mod to work. I had it installed and working perfectly until the last 3 weeks worth of updates. Have the last few updates (starting with the F14 addition), been confirmed as a problem with the mod or is it working normally for everyone else?

I just installed it, seems to be working, I can't fly combat due to a severed tendon in my right hand, but I can do some perf testing,... Super impressed even with the mask increased to 0.590 to accommodate my O+.

Though it does feel "different" When looking at the hud, is it messing with the I game ipd in some way?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi all, after the latest round of updates, I cannot get the mod to work. I had it installed and working perfectly until the last 3 weeks worth of updates. Have the last few updates (starting with the F14 addition), been confirmed as a problem with the mod or is it working normally for everyone else?

Works for me. Every update you have to delete all files in Saved Games/DCS/fxo, Saved Games/DCS/metashaders2, and delete or rename the dcs folders in DCS/Mods/terrains/TerrainName/misc/metacache/, where TerrainName is Caucasus, Nevada, etc.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV