Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

On 7/30/2022 at 9:51 PM, Fresh said:

Hi Bankler,

I'm using version 7.1.0 and can't get the pattern mode to work. I start with the first slot (in flight), use break mode and land. Then I change to pattern mode and takeoff. When I get to the 90° I get a message that I am in pattern mode and have to fly 0.5 miles past the boat before breaking.. I ignore that and land, but don't get any scoring.

Let me know if you need a video or trak file.

Thanks for your great mission, I use it a lot!

Fresh

On 9/16/2022 at 3:51 AM, Chicki said:

The same for me pattern mode.  Maybe not extending hook soon enough?  Great mission though.

I acknowledge the bug, it's indeed broken. Good news is that I have found a way to fix it. Terribly sorry it took me this long to get around to it (damn you real life). A new version will be out soon. Feel free to pm me if anyone would like to help out testing it before release.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 7:42 PM, Bankler said:

I acknowledge the bug, it's indeed broken. Good news is that I have found a way to fix it. Terribly sorry it took me this long to get around to it (damn you real life). A new version will be out soon. Feel free to pm me if anyone would like to help out testing it before release.

As far as modifying the mission, if it's not too much to ask, would you mind adding the F-14A to the list of flyable planes? I've done that myself for my local copy, but it would sure be nice to have an "official" version. And many thanks for the best CASE I trainer around, i owe you much for improving my grades! 

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

VERSION 7.2.0

BanklersCase1RecoveryTrainer_2023_SpringUpdate.png

You can now download version 7.2.0 in the Original Post!

Celebrating 20,000 downloads!

Thank you so much for all the love I received through different channels through the years. It means a lot. As of today, the mission, in its different versions, have been downloaded 22,218 times. I would never have thought that the interest in landing pixel planes on pixel boats in the most difficult of ways while getting nitpick feedback from a script would be this popular. But you guys proved me wrong. 💪❤️

Pattern Mode

As you know, Pattern Mode was broken in the last version. This is now fixed and available through the comms menu. Pattern Mode enables you to skip the break, and instead turn directly into the downwind after the cat launch, much like how CQ is performed IRL. This is a good way to get quick reps, especially if flown with hook up.

<profanity> Hot Breaks

I have been quite ambivalent regarding adding this feature. The whole point of the mission has always been to help people flying safe, consistent passes. Experimenting with SHBs sort of distracts from that. However, I got this feeling that "now is the time". While <profanity> Hot Breaks look really cool, they also serve a purpose. Coming in as a division (4 aircraft) actually requires the lead to break over the ship, in order to not have #4 break 4 nm or more past the ship, while respecting proper break intervals. So it makes sense to practice this. However, I also think it makes sense to start with the ordinary breaks, and do at least a hundred or so of those before even looking at SHBs.

To initiate a SHB, all you need to do is to break really early. The script will identify the maneuver, and give you automatic perfect score on all the first parts (regardless of how you pull off the break). Then it will start the normal tracking as you pass over the wake. If you extend the downwind during a SHB you will get a -20 penalty (compared to -10 during normal breaks). The SHB support can be seen as an experimental feature. The scoring isn't necessarily perfectly fair, and should probably not really be compared to ordinary breaks.

Speed and Wind

I have always had the wind at zero. The reason is that I wanted the boat to have correct wind over deck even as it turns around and steams south. The cost of this has been small crosswind that is generated by the angled deck. For this version, I changed it so that there is a light wind, and the carrier steams a little slower. This will reduce the sidewind. As the boat turns south, it will not longer be perfect. I figured that 99% of the users mainly run this in SP and air start anyway, so that it's worth it. If you're running the mission on a 24/7 server, it might make sense to set the wind back to zero and the boat speed to ~25 again. Just go ahead and change it in the ME if you prefer that.

Have a nice spring everybody! //Bankler

CHANGE LOG

* Fixed Pattern Mode.
* Implemented support for <profanity> Hot Break.
* Carrier is now slightly slower on its north leg, and there is a little natural wind.
* Added minor turbulence.
* Added ice halo.
* Increased number of flares in Hornets from 30 to 60.

Enjoy!

Edited by Bankler
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the awesome update!

@Bankler, may I suggest auto pattern mode after bolter/wave-off option? I think, it is useful for those who confident at break but struggle with final legs, such me.

I've already implemented it for myself (see attach), though "official" version would be great.

TrapTraining.lua

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

23 minutes ago, Blackfyre said:

Thank you for the awesome update!

@Bankler, may I suggest auto pattern mode after bolter/wave-off option? I think, it is useful for those who confident at break but struggle with final legs, such me.

I've already implemented it for myself (see attach), though "official" version would be great.

TrapTraining.lua 64.06 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the warm words. That's not a bad idea, and it's cool that you implemented it yourself. However, I feel that since pattern mode is a global setting (affecting all players) it would only make sense in SP. And having an option like that sort of breaks the pattern (no pun intended) of only having options that are MP compatible. My suggestion would be to simply enable pattern mode from the get-go, and fly a normal break anyway. It will still work (just having a max score of 63 instead of 75).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bankler said:

Thanks for the warm words. That's not a bad idea, and it's cool that you implemented it yourself. However, I feel that since pattern mode is a global setting (affecting all players) it would only make sense in SP. And having an option like that sort of breaks the pattern (no pun intended) of only having options that are MP compatible. My suggestion would be to simply enable pattern mode from the get-go, and fly a normal break anyway. It will still work (just having a max score of 63 instead of 75).

It makes sense, didn't thought about MP.

I personally don't like enable pattern mode from get-go, so I'll keep my enhancement along with other modifications (turn off LSO, online feedback, auto cockpit setup)

P.S. It seems that it is possible to detect MP ans SP, though it would be overcomplicating I guess.

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

• 2 weeks later...

@BanklerI would like to incorporate your trainer into a mission file I use. If I replace my existing moose file with your moose edit, will I have any issues? Does your edit take anything away from original moose that other mission aspects would rely on? Thanks!

Edit: I used OG moose and most things seem to be functional... but Airboss and the Case I scripting seem to conflict with each other. Especially during aircraft spawns. It seems that Airboss is suppressing some of the Case I initialization code. Still digging. 

Edited by conRAD9055
  • Like 1

Added the F-14 myself and a new personal high score, this time 66 (over the previous 62). It could have been 68, but i may have entered the final break a bit too aggressive 😄 

• Like 4

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Nate Kott said:

I just wanted to drop a note and say that this mission is incredibly helpful for practicing.  Much better for practice than the training mission in the FA-18 module.

no doubt it´s a masterpiece

• Like 3

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Aye-aye!

Hi Bankler, thanks for the update! Could I ask, whats involved with adding some additional deck eye candy please? It would be nice to have some more deck life. Would trying to add some break the muission or is there anything I need to beware of? 

Many thanks! 

• Like 3

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 5:27 PM, markturner1960 said:

Hi Bankler, thanks for the update! Could I ask, whats involved with adding some additional deck eye candy please? It would be nice to have some more deck life. Would trying to add some break the muission or is there anything I need to beware of? 

Many thanks! 

Sorry for the late reply. It shouldn't break anything. Feel free to head into the Mission Editor and dress the deck as you wish! 🙂

@markturner1960 @captain_dalan @Ala12Rv-Tundra @Nate Kott Thanks for the kind words!

@conRAD9055 Yeah, I'm not sure if it's feasible putting this into a mission that's already using Airboss. Airboss use some of my code (refactored and tweaked be Franky to fit their needs), and, just like you say, it feels like there could be conflicts using both.

• Like 2

@Bankler thanks for this brilliant training mission! Could you make a version of the mission on the Sinai/Syria map?

Edited by Kril_FC

I7 13900K | 128Gb | RTX 4090 | NVME 2Tb + SSD 512Gb + SSD 240Gb x2 | Warthog+VPC Warbrd+VPC Warbrd rudder pedals | WinWing MIP | Oculus Quest 3 | Benq 28" 4k x2 | Gametrix JetSeat

1 hour ago, Kril_FC said:

@Bankler thanks for this brilliant training mission! Could you make a version of the mission on the Sinai/Syria map?

see this answer:

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

45 minutes ago, Charmin2105 said:

Can someone give me some tips to get the correct lineup, having trouble to get the right lineup. Usually slightly on the left or right. Since the "lineup light" are not working with MT its even harder for me to get it right

Didn’t they fix that last patch?

Am 15.6.2023 um 23:14 schrieb ricktoberfest:

Didn’t they fix that last patch?

They fixed it indeed, but its at least for me only visible at the last 5-10 sec

Before MT it was visible at the start of the mission (Air Start)

Edit: Video (just ignore how bad i am :D)

Edited by Charmin2105
Added Video
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Gents, I have used this trainer for many years, Thanks for all the Hard Work Bankler. 

When i play in single player the Script throws out the in-cockpit button commands to lower hook, punch course, ect. However, it seems the trigger does not fire/or pressbutton does not complete correctly in Multi. Any work around?  I know I can just have the guys press in the cockpit interactions manually, but for speeds sakes I would love to replicate how it works in single. 

Thanks! 

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Gents, I have used this trainer for many years, Thanks for all the Hard Work Bankler. 

When i play in single player the Script throws out the in-cockpit button commands to lower hook, punch course, ect. However, it seems the trigger does not fire/or pressbutton does not complete correctly in Multi. Any work around?  I know I can just have the guys press in the cockpit interactions manually, but for speeds sakes I would love to replicate how it works in single. 

Thanks! 
Unfortunately this is a limitation of DCS. I asked a similar question a couple of years ago.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero