DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

i was really expecting 2020 release for F-16, my guess had been spring, but to see the target of Autumn, that is so awesome. Cant wait to see it come to life, will be pre-ordering as soon as it goes up.

SO AWESOME

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

OH MY GOD!!

Great news!!!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Great news on dcs F-16. Like others have said, I did not see this coming out this year too.

Will definitely be pre-ordering the F-16. Amazing aircraft. Learning curve for her will be greatly reduced having had an extensive prior knowledge of the F-16 systems in another popular sim.

Moreso, I am super excited to know by the announcement of the F-16 early access release later this year does means that the FA-18C would be feature-complete this year too.

Great job ED.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Can't wait to get into that cockpit again!!

I was thinking exactly the same thing! :thumbup:

DCS_F-16C_Cockpit_03.jpg?bx_sender_conversion_id=15405187&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=weekend_news

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Early autumn 2019.

Now I feel like I wanna skip summer 2019...

bounce.gif

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Excellent news!

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Cool, although I have no interest in the F-16, the good news is F-4E's development should be starting now.

That would be great, but the F-16 is far from being finished. Release is still half a year away and that will only be the early access release.

I guess our beloved Phantom will have to wait for quiet some time :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So u know when you’re at the Thrustmaster booth in a few weeks, Wags. It might just be worth, giving them a nudge in the right direction for a rerelease, revamped model. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Request for the throttle re-release has long since been submitted, which is the only thing that would be needed since the hawg stick is the viper stick.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Request for the throttle re-release has long since been submitted, which is the only thing that would be needed since the hawg stick is the viper stick.

Well Technically the f-16 stick is a force sensing stick unlike the hog. So they would need to make one like the X-65 to be similar. The grips are the same though.

Well Technically the f-16 stick is a force sensing stick unlike the hog. So they would need to make one like the X-65 to be similar. The grips are the same though.

Panther is, most likely, referring to the fact that the original Cougar HOTAS has the exact same grip and setup as the Warthog HOATS. It did not have a FSSB from the manufacturer.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Panther is, most likely, referring to the fact that the original Cougar HOTAS has the exact same grip and setup as the Warthog HOATS. It did not have a FSSB from the manufacturer.

Think the Cougar doesn't have the push button on the CMS switch as well.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

As mentioned the Cougar wasn’t force sensor either. The grip of the real viper is identical to the TM Warthog grip. The Cougar didn’t have the the Z-axis on the CMS switch.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

So, they only need to re-release the Cougar throttle and modify it to be standalone.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

So, they only need to re-release the Cougar throttle and modify it to be standalone.

And update everything inside. Mechanically it's bad, and has crappy low-res potentiometers.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Correct, and upgrade the switches for higher quality from the original version. **Sniped, what he said^^

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]