Su-24 Fencer B

Satarosa

I see what you did there

This is the first time I hear someone claim the Tornado being a carrier based aircraft... rdlaugh.png

Good one.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Super

This would be very cool to see in game. Morkva 55 was/is working on an Su-24M mod as well that looks fantastic, but I'm not sure if it's still WIP or released. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSKAJNjHjLQ

+1

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I doubt that - even the Mig-29A 9-12A isn't possible afaik even though it's the first export version and in service with several NATO countries.

Imho we should not expect to see anything in DCS that is in russian Service - different versions do not seem to matter. Therefore i think even the base version Su-24 is not possible at the Moment.

IIRC ED has stated somewhere - i think it was chizh in the russian forum - that specifically the Su-24 is not going to happen.

Its possible for a 3rd Party Developer not based in Russia to recreate Modern Russian aircraft as Russian law will not apply to them

• 2 weeks later...
Its possible for a 3rd Party Developer not based in Russia to recreate Modern Russian aircraft as Russian law will not apply to them

Possibly , but ED would still likely suffer penalties for integration into DCS , and distribution .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Possibly , but ED would still likely suffer penalties for integration into DCS , and distribution .

I think they would have said that if its the case. I.e. no modern red air. What they actually said, was no modern red air by ED, but they would/could put it in if a 3rd party did it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So, it's been a while since we talked about this jet. Do you guys still think there is very little possibility of it coming to DCS World in any variant?

Would you pay good money for it? I would. I'm not big into ground pounding, but specific tactical strike missions would be awesome in this jet. It's fast, it's deadly, it flies at > Mach 1 at treetop levels. What's not to like?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

+1 I'd love one, any variant of preferably the mid-80s to early 90s.

An F-111F would be the perfect counterpart.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

There were so many variants of the F111 too. Which one do you think would fit the Su-24 role best? I would really love the Su-24 (any variant) but I would settle for an F-111 that does interdiction or low level deep strikes.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The F-111 AFAIK (in US service at least) was basically a pure bomb-truck, either dumb or laser guided. I think it could also be fitted with an M61 rotary cannon in its internal bay, but this was rare. It did have access to the GBU-130, which is basically a rocket propelled guided bomb.

Personally, I'd go with the F as it had better engine performance (even if the intakes limited its speed compared to the earlier ones). The F also has the better avionics to my knowledge, and has access to the Pave Tack IR TGP.

The Su-24 seems to have much more variety when it comes to missiles, lending it to SEAD/DEAD, Anti-Ship Strike and maybe even CAS. Whereas the F-111F is more like the Viggen but bombs only, just much more of them.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yeah as a platform it couldn't do all the missions a Su-24 could. Considering the great work they've done on the Viggen and the F14 I think Heatblur could pull it off with either plane.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

It would be great to have Su-24 as redfor lacks any fast strike planes at all, however, the problem is that Su-24 is a redfor plane. Not that profitable ;)

That's simply not true at all. As the first redfor dedicated strike platform and the only Full DCS module Sukhoi jet in the game I think it would generate a LOT of interest.

The Mig21 sold extremely well. While not as iconic as the Balalaika I still think the Su-24 would outsell even the Mig21.

No it's not about profit it's about documentation, access and legal rights.

Well profit does have something to do with it, after all ED is a business.

However, I disagree that they would be unprofitable, there are REDFOR aircraft sought out after. Then again, I don't have the data to make any real conclusions. Pus, ED are doing a Hind after all aren't they?

System:

It would be great to have Su-24 as redfor lacks any fast strike planes at all, however, the problem is that Su-24 is a redfor plane. Not that profitable ;)

Profitability is a lot less of an issue than the Russian MoD explicity telling ED they couldn't make one. It was in a QA with Wags a year or two ago, the subject of Su-24 came up. It wasn't ''maybe'' it wasn't ''we don't know'' it was ''the government forbade it''.

You're ONLY going to see this sort of stuff from 3rd parties not based in Russia, and possibly not even then. ED and DCS are not even the first companies I've seen complaining about this stuff. The Russian government are really tight ass about this stuff. Even Gaijin (the War Thunder devs) complained about how difficult working with the Russian government was, and that was about WWII planes.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2