VNAO T-45 Goshawk

14 hours ago, Spt said:

Thanks a lot for your questions ! You give me the way 

I change my name folder from french "Parties enregistrées" to english "Saved Games", now all is ok  even if this folder is not in my user folder but in other disk.

Thanks again 

Let's fly !!!! 

null

image.png

Super (content pour toi) !!! En fait c'est le "é" qui mettait le bo...l 👍

• Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this have been covered already but I was trying to hook up to the catapult on the Supercarrier and noticed that after the initial hookup and the cat director motions you forward to get locked in, I was unable to move my aircraft forward even with full power. I was able to fix it by raising and lowering the launch bar but I didn't think that should be necessary.

I've created a MATRIC panel for the T-45C - it has most of the systems mapped that are needed to get the plane off the ground and back down again. Hope its useful for people.

There's 2 version available a full deck with the DEP and both MFDs (for larger tablets) and a small version with just the DEP (for phones and small tablets).

You can  download it here.

DCS T-45C.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, joojoo said:

Hey to all,

Is there a way in order to use communication in this plane?

Thanx

Currently, the 
radios can be used in DCS only through the SRS multiplayer communication 
utility. For now, there is no way to contact ATC, AWACS, JTAC nor Carrier 
ATC.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
  • NineLine unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Apologies in advance for what is probably a silly question posed by a complete DCS beginner.  Having successfully installed the T-45 and congratulated myself on the achievement, I decided to see what happens if you start a flight on the carrier deck. Using Instant Action , I selected one of the many options that seem to suggest a carrier start:  T-45 Deck COLD 106 with CVN-72.  Instead of appearing on deck, I found myself airborne somewhere in the vicinity of the carrier. Same thing happens with the other options I’ve tried.  So I guess there are three possible explanations: user error, invalid expectations or I’m just being punished for using the free version of DCS without buying any addons.   But which?

Hi dINozzo, 

When you set up, the default is in the air about 6,400ft. Click the aircraft in map overview (Where you put the a/c) look right and check if it says Flyover/Turning point. Click on there and you get a dropdown that says, Parking hot, Parking cold etc. I'm not sure, you might have to select a parking slot on the carrier and use autostart, then trundle over to the catapult, Hope this helps, Welcome aboard, we all have to start somewhere

Edited by flyingscotsman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, diNozzo said:

Using Instant Action , I selected one of the many options that seem to suggest a carrier start:  T-45 Deck COLD 106 with CVN-72.  Instead of appearing on deck, I found myself airborne somewhere in the vicinity of the carrier. Same thing happens with the other options I’ve tried.  So I guess there are three possible explanations: user error, invalid expectations or I’m just being punished for using the free version of DCS without buying any addons.   But which?

Hi,

That mission (cold 106 with CVN-72) makes use of the Supercarrier DLC, which you dont own (yet) and so DCS places you in the air. You can't land on it either. Don't know why the Mod developer made the mission like that, it would have been more logical to use a free carrier.

I'm attaching an edited version of the same mission, where I substituted the CVN-72 with the free CVN-74, which should work for you. Save it at \Saved  Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Missions\EN\QuickStart

Best regards,

Eduardo

T45_Familiarization_Day (no SC).miz

Edited by Rudel_chw
typos
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

3 hours ago, diNozzo said:

Apparently I was indeed being punished for not having purchased the supercarrier.

why do you think that?

To me it seems like just an oversight of the person that made that mission, rather than an attempt to "punish" you for not buying, particularly since the T-45 is actually free.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

why do you think that?

To me it seems like just an oversight of the person that made that mission, rather than an attempt to "punish" you for not buying, particularly since the T-45 is actually free.

Exaggerating as a means of cheap humour. Not to be taken literally.

• Like 3