So, what are we getting today?

Gianky

Depending how ED are implementing their release schedules and planning, a release once a month doesn't have to slow down development. It can even speed up the progress if done right.

A welcome change if you ask me compared to what it used to be.

Agree. Especially since we‘re having a whole lot more features in our Hornet now compared to the early days of early access. Definitely not near feature-complete yet but it can already perform many different missions very well. Personally, for me the only big feature that is missing and limiting me in my mission design is the ATFLIR. I am more a mud-mover than a dogfighter, hence my preference :smilewink:

Personally, for me the only big feature that is missing and limiting me in my mission design is the ATFLIR. I am more a mud-mover than a dogfighter, hence my preference :smilewink:

+1

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• ED Team
Or are working on stuff that is quite complex and needs a lot of time than some new weapons do (e.g. TGP or A-G radar).

Correct, and even so, we are generally releasing a new feature every two weeks. To say the Hornet development is slowing down is rather baffling.

Indeed, but for some people, its just never enough.

There's also the magnifying glass of the internet: We don't post positives, but negatives sure rile us up to do some posting!

And then there's the way we communicate on the interwebs this century. Simple hyperbole does not cut it. We must find the strongest, most over the top, the bigliest words we can imagine to express the fact that we'd like a glass of water please thank you.

Keep on rockin it wags, and never ever lose that cool of yours O7

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Yeah, Jesus guys, the F18 is the gold standard for EA development at this point. No other plane even really compares aside from perhaps the F14, but it was largely feature complete on release. I mean take a look at what some of the other EA planes (cough not mentioning names) have got in the last 3 months, a few bug fixes and minor improvements.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No, it's not really that reasonable, the Hornet is a priority right now, only devs that are free of tasks on the Hornet are working on the Viper. Hornet activity is still just as heavy as ever, not sure why the worry now.

thanks for answer, im happy to hear that.

i didnt mean it to sound rude or anything, im fully content with the speed of hornet development.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Indeed, but for some people, its just never enough.

There's also the magnifying glass of the internet: We don't post positives, but negatives sure rile us up to do some posting!

And then there's the way we communicate on the interwebs this century. Simple hyperbole does not cut it. We must find the strongest, most over the top, the bigliest words we can imagine to express the fact that we'd like a glass of water please thank you.

Keep on rockin it wags, and never ever lose that cool of yours O7

Exceptionally well said!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are they planning to release NHL F18 and NFL F18 this year ?

Yes... Special Slovak Sports edition :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It was a legitimate question...:sly:

Not Really.

It's been explained why the Hornet has gone to monthly updates and it's been explained that people who are no longer working on the F-18 are the ones currently working on the F-16. The F-18 will happen as fast as it happens. And the F-18 has actually had a bunch of work done on it recently so its not like nothing has happened to it like say... the Yak-52 lol.

Just Chill and enjoy it as it happens.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I sometimes Rant! but i can see how difficult it is to manage development! Dam if you do, Dam if you dont! LOL.

Anyway if it´s of any value, mi opinion is that ED is really improving.

Better Quality control, better methods, better communication...

I really see the Monthly updates policy as a huge step forward.

And whoever thinks this is slower, is a bit confused. Monthly updates can include several items so the same as two or four weekly updates. Only this way is better tested and they don´t have to come back to fix anything mayor that would delay being able to adress new features...

Napoleon use to say "dress me up slowly because I am in a hurry".

You do things slowly and carefully once, or you do rushed out things twice or three times ;)

I also have observed strange behaviour from HARMS. Even at short range they will loft high and they don't seem as reliable as before.

HARMS seemed to be bugged now, They loft way up, lose energy and don't hit their targets most of the time. They also glitch and wobble in flight. Working on track files now to report the bug. Didn't see anything in the release notes indicating changes to the HARMS

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It works fine, if enter PP1-PP4 at once, and then just select AG and ripple JDAM one by one while selecting PP1-PP4 (so i don't need to select QTY at all)

Video (you can turn on captions for more info)

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

So next big update will be Atflir ?

highly unlikely

wags said that development of litening pod will start after harm is finished (which has not yet happened) and after litening is done, atflir will come.

which means that litening is months away and atflir even more so.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

The litening from A10C ?

Essentially, yes. We are getting that as a stop-gap until the new thermal imaging rendering engine is completed which will come out with the ATFlIR.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Pretty sure the things that are taking immediate priority from what has been said is finishing the HARM and getting TWS implemented. This will be followed by the LITENING pod. ATFLIR still looks alittle ways off. I'm hoping that AutoIFF is also in the near future.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3